LG Electronics Reviews in Huntsville, AL

Updated October 25, 2014
3.1

LG Electronics Vice Chairman Bon-joon Koo
Bon-joon Koo

Pros
  • Very informal environment, with great space for work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• In US, it's not bad working environment (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance is something talked about a lot but rarely implemented (in 33 reviews)

• no work life balance; unprofessional; endless paper work; (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Financial Analyst

Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good for entry level and good people relationship

Cons

Compensation was below market avg.

None

Merry Go Around, (only not so merry)

Former Employee - Technical Engineer Representative in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Technical Engineer Representative in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HR really tries to create a happy work place culture. Benefits are really good. and the pay is O.K. for whatever dept. your in. the people you generally end up working with are good people.

Cons

there is a very low ceiling for those that are not Korean, not women, and not white. " good ole boy " system in place, progressing up the ladder can and will be diverted, if your not apart of the inner circle of you dept. Hard work and devotion to the company values, and good work ethics are frowned upon, although ethics and moral values are pushed in your face with constant, and meaningless training.

If you going to have two cultures, have two different ladders for everyone to climb. remove all the supervisors that climbed the ladder by kissing up, and through the good ole boy network. create a real culture that rewards hard work, and leaves those that slack behind.

Culture shock, Extreme Work Load, With Constant "Policy" Changes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Interesting diverse colleagues, "some" very smart individuals who are willing to share their knowledge to help you grow, steady work, normal business hour shifts

Cons

I am conflicted here. There are many cons working with this company. Out of the nine plus years of employment, I was probably truly happy a total of one...Well, that's pushing it. Lets make that about six months. The reason for my conflicted thoughts is, I could of quit at any point, but I didn't. Instead, I was laid off. Reduction in force is just a part of life though, and was probably the best thing that happened to me at LG. After awhile, you start accepting the poor working environment LG has to offer. The first analogy that comes to mind is it's like a physically and mentally abusive relationship. If you stay long enough, you start to believe that all work environments are like this and that you cannot do better somewhere else. Most of management is Korean, bound to a Korean work culture, with minimal acceptance/tolerance to Americans. If you are not Korean, you are mostly likely viewed as dumb, lazy, worthless, and a waste of space. To be fair, there were a couple Korean colleagues that did not share this point of view. However, since most upper management did, "showing face" is something they could not and would not do. Meaning, don't count on them to go to bat for you. This was probably the most disappointing and frustrating experience through it all. There were some highly intellectual individuals that were not Korean, who were capable of bringing a tremendous amount of upside to the company, working diligently on a daily basis to do so. Ultimately, being shut down due to their culture. And the numbers, are you kidding me! The constant manipulation of data was incredible! Nothing was honest, nothing at all. This was the most unethical, cheating-encouraged/expected place of work ever experienced. It is actually amazing how this company still functions with all of the worthless, made-up data being used. This place truly tested my ethical beliefs and boundaries, putting me in uncomfortable and scrutinized situations . I can't say I would recommend this company to others. But, if you do, good luck. I wish you the best.

If you are going to continue being an international company, which i'm sure you are, adapt to other cultures. And, grow a pair while at it. Do what you believe is best for the company as a whole, which includes utilizing the diverse personnel who bring so much to the table.

If you like working for people that are clueless this is the place

Former Employee - ISP in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - ISP in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay is good
    benefits were great when i worked there
    clean place
    a non-weekend shift is better

Cons

the people in upper management got the position because they know someone or are related someone. Most all of them are korean. They almost never promote from within to upper positions. All the lower management are clueless as to what it takes to get the job done. You are statistic and a number they have to justify to the boss.

micromanaging and treating your employees like numbers is not the best way to promote loyalty to a company.

Very easy and repititous

Former Employee - Claims Coordinator in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Claims Coordinator in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The more you do the job the faster you get

Cons

It can get very boring

Provide other means or areas for advancement

It's not just a job; it's a disaster area challenge.

Former Employee - Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics

Pros

Insurance package is comprehensive. If you like challenge beyond reasonably attainable due to lack of resources and support then it is a pro challenge self improvement environment.

Cons

Compensation for expectations is ~20% below market, with workload ~50-100% above market. Time and effort working on reports and attending meetings to report on your work so management can get comfortable that work is being done is so comprehensive that you have to take care of your real profit making work in taking care of customers that purchase LG products between all that reporting, while catching up after hours and weekends to keep up with KPI reporting expectations every Friday.

Think small. Walk well before running. Pay your corporate credit card on time and consistently keep coffee grounds available in the main break room.

Unfair Practices

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at LG Electronics

Pros

they have a strong benefit package and starting pay is competitive

Cons

Do not expect fair bonuses and raises. Promotions are not based on knowledge and hard work

Listen to employees and become more competitive

LG Electronics Photos