LG Hausys

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

It could be better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsKoreans working here are generally very good ppl...short breaks every two hrs and most of your co workers are friendly

ConsBuddy system in hiring and if you a minority you out of luck .. Very few minorities work here

Advice to Senior ManagementHire hard working , dependable people not cause they are your family members

Stay AWAY

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBenefits are good - at par with many other companies.

ConsUpper management only speaks in Korean, even when there are Americans in the meeting.
    Very political environment. Brown-nosing is a must to progress your career in this company.
    Very, very hierarchical. Korean managers refer to each other by Korean "military-style" rank titles.
    Expatriates sent from Korea receive special treatment.
    Daily chaos, "fire-drills", and frequently working after hours.
    Younger employees, expect to be yelled/screamed at and humiliated in front of other for your mistakes.

From LG Chem to LG Hausys

Sales (Former Employee) Peoria, AZ

ProsGreat branding and product recognition

ConsComplete change in management style - American run to now Korean run.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Screw this place

Bag Dumper (Former Employee) Calhoun, GA

ProsNone I can think of

Consanytime I needed to talk to the supervisor I was told he'd be there in a few minutes which were actually hours later.
    not allowed to have my phone in case of emergencies and all the other employees are playing on there's all night, but when I respond to a family member about a death in the family I'm fired. no questions asked no verbal warning. NOTHING
    Crappy hours.
    talked to like you're not a human being by management.
    I could keep going but I think that's enough for now

Very multi-national corporate culture

Marketing (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prospeople are great to work with. When management from Korea is in town, the culture shifts.

ConsThere are many downsides to working here - there aren't many company events or things to keep employees engaged with a good work/life balance.

Dangerous place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people that worked there were really helpful and easy to get along with

ConsWorking under a 2000 lb bag with no support while yanking on the bottom to open it.......Not safe.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a safer way for your Bag Dump employees to work.

Awful Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are great - health, dental, vision, life, 401K.
    There are many great hard-working people, especially the younger folks.
    Since many people work late, bonding over dinner and drinks with co-workers become a norm.

ConsManagement has absolutely no respect to employees, especially younger or american employees.
    Working late most days out the week is a must, sometimes even weekends.
    Compensation is sub-par at best.
    Salary negotiations and/or bonuses are almost non-existent.
    If you have a life outside of work, this place is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe problem is 100% in management. Stop playing politics and do your job.
    I've never seen a company with such high employee turnover and low morale.
    - Compensate and reward your high-performing people
    - Hire managers who people would enjoy working with
    - Treat people like people, not your dogs
    - Speak English during business hours! Did you forget you have American Directors??

Great Benefits / Poor Management - Exhausting work rotation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are outstanding. The product is superb. Good amount of paid vacation and sick time.

ConsSome areas of management need replacing. HR doesn't really seem to have a handle on their job. I am still attempting to get money that is owed to me two weeks after leaving. The swing shift is horrible on the workers physical and mental health.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the health and overall well being of your workers. Just because you're insurance is fantastic, doesn't mean your workers want to have to use it! Everyone there is overly stressed and overly tired. Also - HR needs to be inserviced on payroll law.

LG Hausys "america"

ProsGreat benefits.
    Exposure to all departments' workings.

ConsThis company is being ran with a korean mentality. Upper management thinks it is fully ok to treat and talk to employees as if they were servants or cattle. Company is in a delusional state of grandeur, where profit will only come if they keep running the place as is. In my 1 yr there, I saw random "lay-offs" and WAY TOO MUCH drama. This place is very clickie and segregated; koreans are super disrespectful with american colleagues, they will talk in korean even though is about work and you are right there. They solely talk in korean even in meetings. company morale is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees.
    Remember this company is in the USA not in Korea so adjust policy accordingly.
    There should be a no tolerance policy for Managers who insult or humiliate employees.
    Reward your outstanding workers with higher wages and promotions.
    Don't overload your employees and hire the appropriate number of workers.

Great Brand Recognition, Poorly managed company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros-The benefits are phenominal. Most places don't provide great benefits like this anymore.
    -Company has HUGE potential for growth due to aligning themselves with Home Depot
    -Restructuring provides opportunities for promotion for some

Cons-The company as a whole is not being managed well.
    -Department heads don't necessarily know how to run department. Individuals who head departments often set policies only to break their own rules.
    -Layoffs are sometimes random.
    -Upper Management not open to suggestions or information from ground level
    -High rate of turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are some individuals in management who you know are hurting the company but you refuse to do anything about it. That is one of the main reasons you have such high turnover in some departments. Take a close look at who you allow to go uncorrected. Be more open to hearing from employees who work in the "trenches". They will provide valuable insight on ways to improve.

Worked for LG Hausys? Contribute to the Community!