LG Mobile Phones

Jeff Hwang

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Life's NOT good at LG

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsIf you are a full time regular employee the benefits are pretty decent: Health, Dental, Gym, Phone reimbursement. They do provide free breakfast every Friday.

ConsEveryone is overworked and stressed. They do not hire enough people to handle the workload. LG tends to hire temps for about a year at a time and use them until they either quit, or their term is up. This results in employees that don't know what they're doing, and dissatisfied employees at that.

I work in a department where half the employees are temps, and we know full well we will not be hired on. The workload is huge, exhausting, and management fails miserably at rewarding us for our hard work. Instead, we are micromanaged. My supervisor makes me outline daily what I've done, and how long each task took. Everything we do is logged, to the point that we spend 60% of our time logging what we did instead of actually doing our jobs.

I used to stay late daily, but stopped because it wasn't worth it. I've had two panic attacks and several migraines since starting at LG, and gained ten pounds from stress eating/drinking. My supervisor has caused me and my coworker both to break down crying in meetings. My coworker has been known to stay til 9pm and work on weekends, and doesn't even always put it on her timecard because management makes her feel guilty for not getting her work done in eight hours. This coworker will also be discarded once her one year term is up.

Another coworker, also a temp, was invited for an interview to become permanent in the company. HR then called him the day before the interview and cancelled it, saying he was no longer qualified because they decided he needed a degree, which he didn't have, to do the job he was already doing.

Based on what I've heard around the office, the only people that are happy here are the Koreans, because it is a Korea based company. The rest of us are forced to be excluded from conversations during company meals because they are speaking in Korean, and can't read half the emails sent.

I also have a supervisor who has repeatedly asked who I am dating the entire six months that I have been with the company. Not quite harassment, but uncomfortable nonetheless.

Overall, I'm very unhappy at LG and have requested that my temp agency move me... unfortunately by the time I get home after work I'm too exhausted and stressed to even think about trying to find a new job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more employees and examine your managers--exactly how useful are they?

LG Mobile Phone is a good place work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat people to work with
    Great benefits compared to many competitors
    Opportunity to grow
    International exposure
    Small family like culture

ConsWork-life balance is hard to achieve
    Strict working norms and hours
    Working late and working during odd hours to communicate with the HQ

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed flexible hours
    More competitive salary
    More empowerment of the local employees
    Send more people to HQ for networking and relationship building

Good company, but need more improve to be a real big unit.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood people, simple process, good health benefit.

ConsNot enough training, high turn over rate, need to figure out by myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide more job training, more communications each other, more information sharing, more understanding for mixed culture.

Worked for LG Mobile Phones? Contribute to the Community!