LHC Group

Updated January 21, 2015
3.7

LHC Group Chairman and CEO Keith G. Myers
Keith G. Myers

Pros
  • Most managers are very fair when it comes to work-life balance, they keep an open door policy, and the benefits are good (in 4 reviews)

• My coworkers at the corporate HQ (aka "home office") are smart, friendly and hard-working (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance and boundries are not encouraged (in 3 reviews)

• Marketing staff gets bonuses while local field staff get nothing (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great and growing health care company!

I have been working at LHC Group

Pros

Mission/values are promoted and lived from the top down. Really feel like management cares. Quality care of patients and providing employees with what they need are important to this company.

Cons

No cons noted so far.

Futuristic Company who places patients and employees first

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LHC provides a positive work environment and quickly takes each employee in like family. Many opportunities to move up the career ladder or move into a variety of positions. Flexible work hours and good benefits.

Cons

Health care is a challenging industry not only for LCH but for the entire health care facet. However, LHC has a vision which has moved the company into a very stable health care provider.

Ensure programs to move the company forward are well engrained into all agencies prior to implementing new programs. Develop a strategic calendar to reduce overlapping of program rollouts, mandatory education, deadlines, etc.

Great place to work.

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial-minded executive leadership. Enthusiastic and innovative mid-level managers.Caring and devoted clinical team. It's exciting to be part of a growing industry.

Cons

Frequent structural reorganization casues a lot of needless confusion and negatively affects morale.

The company could beneift from a "change management" leader to help transition things smoother.

An organization with a culture of caring for both patients and employees

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have seen people who are dedicated and hard working be promoted to greater roles. The CEO sends personal leadership messages to all employees three times a week - often keeping them up to date of the latest news in the industry and how policies effect what we do. Pay is at or above market for similar organizations, but stability of employment far exceeds others. I like having confidence that the organization I work for will be around 10 years from now.

Cons

Little connection with home office departments. Difficult to know who to contact and where.

Build an employee directory with roles and functions to make internal communication simpler.

Love working for LHC. It is a progressive, cutting edge healthcare company with heart

Current Employee - Vice President Level In Homecare
    Current Employee - Vice President Level In Homecare

I have been working at LHC Group

Pros

The primary focus and mission is on providing stellar patient care, progressive business startegies. The Executive and Senior level management team are tuned in and have their finger on the pulse of the organization

Cons

The ususal challenges in healthcare industry

Lack of staff to fulfill areas home health need.

I have been working at LHC Group

Pros

Great community of people who are dedicated to helping older population age in place. Flexible hours, a good amount of PTO.

Cons

Lack of management and staff to see patients. Glass ceiling in sales.

Get more PRN field staff!

Company concept is on target, its all about people...however, execution lacks a bit when it comes to their own people...

I have been working at LHC Group

Pros

Strong C level leadership. Inspirational leaders that REGULARLY send positive messages to employees. C level understands and works diligently for a balance between excellent patient care and the responsibility of company financials. Communication and messaging is constantly coming from the top down.
    There are some GREAT clinicians that work for LHC!
    Tons of education and training available, if you don't mind doing it on your own time.

Cons

Employee suggestions are often squashed at the agency level, and rarely make it outside the office door. This is due to "status quo" managers. The good ole' boy network is wound so tightly, that rarely can someone reach a listening ear unless they reach beyond >3 levels of leadership.
    Benefits are decent. Health insurance could be better. Some employees could use training in professionalism and treating others with respect - this does not include home office employees... they are always professional!!! (maybe that's cause the boss is there and he's a true professional).
    Nurses are often treated like children by non-clinician office managers. It's called... treating people with respect.

1. Employee satisfaction surveys company wide. And don't send the results to the office managers, branch manager, or directors first!
    2. Spend time hiring the right person, and spend even more time keeping them! Retention is just as, if not more, important than recruitment.
    3. Stricter policies concerning nepotism.
    4a. Cameras in the agencies to see how employees are really treated (yeah, i know... impossible... but had to throw that one in.)
    4b. Implement a bullying policy that doesn't necessarily have to deal with age, sex, religion, etc... a general bullying policy where employees can be reported to the corporate level.
    5. Marketing department needs to be a bit more bold in color scheme and messages. Some of the literature that comes out is quite bland. Not visually catchy or appealing at all.

Thank you for giving the 'Blitzing" a rest. It was all falling on PCR's anyway.

I enjoy working for LHC Group because it is all about helping people, which include our patients and LHC Group employees

Current Employee - Office Assistant
    Current Employee - Office Assistant

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and salary. We have the most up to date equipment and computers to be able to do our job with speed and accuracy. The people that work for LHC Group are honest, hardworking and top notch individuals. They are the #1 reason LHC Group is the best. We have access to the best training and information to enable us to perform our job duties as\t top level.

Cons

I don't believe there are particular chanllenges, because everyone is expected to give 100% and that is what I feel is necessary in order to build a top notch company with satisfied employees. You don't feel an ownership in a company that you don't give your best.

Employees are the main asset that this company has and need to feel appreciated. The leadership does a good job of this, but can always improve.

My experiance is great.

Current Employee - LTAC Administrator in Kenner, LA
    Current Employee - LTAC Administrator in Kenner, LA

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great job, great company, great benefits and most of all great people

Cons

the roll out of new systems

I have been provided an opportunity to provide empathetic health care to post acute care patients entrusted to my Team.

I have been working at LHC Group

Pros

This company provides great work- life balance.
    Am priviliged to work with so many team mates that enjpoy their work.
    My Divisional Vice President enlists my professional opinions prior to making large scale decisions that affect my work.
    Senior Management is available to recieve my feedback.

Cons

The ever changing regulatory environment within the post acute care continuum.

Continue listening to your patients, employees when making operational decisions which can affect our patients treatment regimens.