LHC Group Reviews

Updated October 24, 2014
3.4

LHC Group Chairman and CEO Keith G. Myers
Keith G. Myers

Pros
  • Most managers are very fair when it comes to work-life balance, they keep an open door policy, and the benefits are good (in 4 reviews)

• My coworkers at the corporate HQ (aka "home office") are smart, friendly and hard-working (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • However, those who've adapted LOVE it and the independence its given in work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Marketing staff gets bonuses while local field staff get nothing (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Working at LHC Group is a great experience in a profession that is growing every day!

Current Employee - Spcr in Springdale, AR
    Current Employee - Spcr in Springdale, AR

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our company culture of humility, and servant leadership are the major reasons I enjoy working for LHC Group. Our benefits package and pay also play a big part of my loyalty to a company I have called home for almost 7 years.

Cons

The ever changing landscape in healthcare can sometimes make what we do difficult by the stress of doing more with less.

Please always continue to listen to your employees in the field and make logical changes that help impact our agencies for the better. In the past, LHC Group has always understood, one size doesn't always fit all. Please continue this concept.

I have worked for this company for 7 years and hope to retire here, wonderful company.

Current Employee - DON
    Current Employee - DON

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a DON I have always been able to find someone to listen to my problems and concerns, I appreciate LHC for giving me the oportunity to work with a company that cares for employees as well as our clients.

Cons

There are challenges with any job, how boring would our jobs be without a challenge. But how rewarding when you know that you have made a difference in the lives of our patients and our employees, whether it be with education or problem solving or implementing a plan that we created and worked. Benefits are just that a benefit to a job and a company that we already love.

Keep listening to your employees and continue to provide them with the resources to do their job.

Needs improvement

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours, schedule are good for working moms.

Cons

Lack of organization. Inadequate training and support.

Local managers need to be better informed. Be honest.

My experience @LHC group has been eye-opening

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at LHC Group

Pros

I have the benefit of being there for my family. I am able to attend any necessary activities and make plans for my family. The benefits are excellent!

Cons

Burnout!! You do double the work for half of the pay. You are not paid your worth and you are under appreciated.

Stop burning out your employees. Stop pointing out the faults of the employees who try to tell you things that are not working well for the staff. Listen to your employees and stop persecuting them for offering opinions about what may help ease the workload for the staff. Stop telling everything everyone tells you in confidence. Stop playing favorites. Some people will fake it until they make it other employees choose to be true to themselves and not kiss butt to get ahead. It doesn't make them any better or any worse than the next employee. And last but not least stop believing everything you are told by your employees because everything you hear is not gospel. The employees who are bringing information to you is definitely taking it to other people!!!

You can really show your talent at the LHC Group!

Current Employee - Carelink Specialist in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Carelink Specialist in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The reasons you should join this company are the fact they offer many great benefits including 401 k, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision and many more ! They offer competive rates which helped me switch from a major competitor that was charging me more money to the Blue Cross Blue Shield offered by LHC and it saved me money. As a full time employee I also love the PTO they offer and the 401k increases in matching from your investment and theirs over the years!

Cons

There are no challenges for me, If I have a problem then I go through Human Resources and they see to the Problem promptly. It leaves little to be upset about .

Management is so kind and thoughful, Even my director stops me and asks how Im doing on a daily basis! Who ever heard of corporate doing that.

Proud employee of LHC Group

Current Employee - Reg Market Dev Director in Somerset, KY
    Current Employee - Reg Market Dev Director in Somerset, KY

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I feel our internal culture supports our mission statement. I am privileged to work with such highly successful caring people. I have always heard find something you enjoy doing and find a way to get paid for doing it. I have this at LHC. I love what I am doing.

Cons

Balancing the cuts placed on home care. High expectations which should be expected for this season of home care.

Continue to invest in your people. Continue to allow our voices to be heard. Keep the open door policy and access to senior leadership.

It's an honor serving with the LHC team of professionals who are 100% committed to"It's All About Helping People."

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

LHC is a nationally recognized and highly respected company. I'm proud of that and its important to consider for ones own professional reputation. I appreciate the exceptional educational opportunities they offer us for professional development (thus, potential promotions including in any of LHC's 29 states/350 locations). Strong ethics.Solid Sr.leadership and Board of Directors. High value placed on customer service (pts/families/communities/employees etc).It's a great work family!

Cons

Communication: Sometimes internal communication is a challenge during this time of medicare/medicaid changes. It's also been a bit of a challenge moving from paper to homecare-homebase technology for those whove been in HC a long time. However, those who've adapted LOVE it and the independence its given in work-life balance.

Keep up the Keith Myers,CEO leadership tips of the day and Don Stelly Friday notes. Not only are they informational but, they are motivational too.

Stay away, not worth your time

Former Employee - Staff RN Per Diem in Danville, WV
    Former Employee - Staff RN Per Diem in Danville, WV

I worked at LHC Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Work is easy, laid back, a lot of independence, one on one time with patients in their own environment, meaningful work that actually makes a difference

Cons

Too much computer work
    Dishonest scheduling practices
    No leadership
    Poorly clinical trained RN staff
    Outdated clinical procedures
    Clueless schedulers
    Not paid for work frequently required
    This facility kept patients too long when care not needed
    Poor compensation at base hourly rate as well as visit rate----a difficult admission requiring 6 hours of computer work and 1.5 hr in-home assessment is compensated at $60-70. That is the equivalent of less than $10.00/hr. pay.
    Case conferences are useless---mostly spent as weigh in times for staff on diet plans

Very much a lack of communication throughout organization
    Branch managers should not hire per diem staff by offering position to work occasional holiday/vacation coverage and then EXPECT and let go employee who can't fully commit to 5 shifts a week plus call. This is NOT per diem. If you need a per diem employee this often, hire a part-time/full-time staff member. Yes, I know it will cost you benefits, but per diem employees are per diem for a reason. Abide by info conveyed in hiring interview process.

Nice Folks to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, KY

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

To date I have found LHC Group to be an honest, fair, and financially responsible company that offers its employees a good benefit package and competitive wages. Upper management makes themselves available to their employees at all times. The company provides education for all employees and requires that they stay current with such in order to provide the best care for our patients. Management has gone to Washington on numerous occasions to advocate on behalf of our elderly. LHC has always insisted on doing business ethically and according to governmental guidelines (even when it appeared that other agencies were gaining an edge by NOT adhering to those same guidelines) For this, LHC has earned my respect.

Cons

Heartbreaking to see positions eliminated due to Medicare cuts. While education classes are certainly necessary, they are sometimes too long and are a burden to already overloaded schedules. Perhaps breaking some of the longer classes down into 2 shorter session would be an option. LHC is always ahead of the game with the latest technologies and systems, but the Con here is that we are ALWAYS training on something new.

Our patients must always come first.
    Happy employees are the best PR.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I love my job at LHC Group and am a long term employee! The company culture starts at the top and is the same from the CEO to the field clinicans. Everyone has the same goal , which is to take care of the elderly and sick patient population aross the country with the highest quality and ethics of any healthcare company out there. We are given opportunity for continuing education as well as advancement within the company with fair pay and benefits.

Cons

I don't see this as a con, but LHC expects each employee to do thier job efficiantly and to the best of thier ability. When this doesn't happen we are swift to help folks exit the organization. No slackers here!

Continue to do what you do everyday to make this a very satisfying place to work. Continue to be transparent with challenges and concerns so that we may understand what we need to do to correct them. Keep caring for patients and employees as if they are your family.