LIPMAN

www.lipman-nyc.com

LIPMAN Reviews

LIPMAN – New York – “LIPMAN”

LIPMAN – New York – “LIPMAN”

David Lipman

Challenging and educational

Media Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are great, depending on the team you were on. Felt like a family-style business.

ConsLack of communication from the top down, and lack of respect from the top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive everyone a chance to learn and improve their skills and ensure that all departments realize that they are not the most important and neither is everyone else. They are all equally important in running a business.

Good exposure to niche area of luxury and fashion advertising.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to work on some great clients, especially if you're interested in the luxury retail or fashion industries. It's an entrepreneurial environment, with constant change.

ConsLack of communication sometimes between departments. Entrepreneurial environment comes with constant flux and at times, lack of stability. Stressful at times, especially right before pitches or client presentations when everything needs to come together.

A tornado of egos.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe junior staff are eager to succeed and want to learn. The work has the potential to be interesting if the creative wasn't all the same.

ConsSenior leadership is so enthralled with themselves they can't possibly be productive. No one here knows how to run a team, much less a company. Account management is unable to wrangle the clients and let them, and creative, run wild. Lipman is running itself into the ground- fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. The company won't be around long enough to act on anything.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Laid off Two Whole Departments in 2013

Digital (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe clients (at least most of them)

ConsThe company itself and management. In July 2013, LIPMAN laid off the whole digital and strategy departments, as well as the CMO, and VPs of accounts due to a cash problem/lack of knowledge of how to operate a business efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to run a business or hire people who know how to manage money and run a profitable business.

You really don't have the resources to focus on digital initiatives? The world is becoming more digital and LIPMAN is becoming more and more backwards-thinking.

Satisfied

ProsA challenging environment with great talent in many different areas of the company. The company environment also gives you the ability to learn a lot if you take the initiative to do so. Good clients and good exposure to many different categories.

ConsVery fast paced environment with high expectations sometimes makes it a difficult place to work. Some employees have voiced they want to be better recognized or better rewarded for their hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to show that they value all levels of employees.

awesome place to be

Creative (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosamazing mentors. talented colleagues. tons of inspiration and opportunity for growth. great space in a great neighborhood. huge array of brands spanning a variety of industries = a very well-rounded portfolio and work that's actually fun. knowing you work at the best fashion agency in the city is also a pro, i suppose.

Conssometimes i eat lunch at my desk. wa.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to inspire us to do great work and love what we do.

Great for the resume, but a bit of a pass through

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat clients, opportunities to work on cool projects

Conssome "better than thou" personalities, high turnover

Advice to Senior Managementmore team-building and inter-office socializing opportunities

learning a lot

That's A Secret (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proslot of work, yes. but learning a lot. "higher ups" are intimidating, sure, but aren't they always? they have to be. yes – my social life has taken a hit since i've started here, but i consider that loss to be worth the gain - the education. because the people here know their sht. so whether or not they scare you, they're still an amazing source of knowledge and talent that you should be learning from if you're not just sticking around to waste your time. and who knows... if you try really, really hard, it might just be an opportunity to prove yourself. what's more, i love the small agency atmosphere and getting to know the people i work with on a more daily basis. they're pretty much all awesome. lots of room for good conceptual work and really appreciate the fact that it finally feels like my skills are being put to good use. it's nice to feel needed.

Conssome late nights. some long days. some days where you forget about lunch. hi. we're in advertising. what's new? better than being bored at your desk with nothing to do... those are the guys that get laid off.

Advice to Senior Managementi think the slightest bit of positive feedback – even just saying "good job" – could make a world of difference to the hard-working people here. even if it comes before "but this is completely off." it's just good - necessary - to hear that kind thing every once in a while. it's fuel.

A wonderful experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere are phenomenal clients who look for very high end work. Luxury is defined at Lipman, they have some of the best experience in the industry.

ConsSlight disorganization, mixed with alot of new hires make for a very stressful environment in which long hours rarely feel rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest your time in making your work better rather than trying to get more business. Growth is good, so are the rewards.

Great training ground, but also a great challenge.

Account Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHigh sense of aesthetic and process, quality of work.

ConsCulture, leadership and ethics and Client retention

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for LIPMAN? Contribute to the Community!