LKQ Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Horrible

I worked at LKQ

Pros

Started out to be an ok position

Cons

Turned out to be a horrible place to work

Demanding but fun role. Glad I was in sales and not operations.

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at LKQ

Pros

The culture was very autonomous, you were allowed to work hard to drive your goals. As long as you were hitting them all was good.

Cons

Upper management is completely out of touch with the front line employees. Poor decision making, not promoting from within but bringing in friends and inadequate outside management.

Advice to Management

Clean house and start over. Poor leadership starts at the top and trickles down.

Former employee over a year in several positions.

Former Employee - Various in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Various in Seattle, WA

I worked at LKQ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work for competent employees.

Cons

Awful upper management. Poor pay. ridiculous turn over of employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your experienced personnel

We are MacGyver

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LKQ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LKQ is an exciting company. I've been here for just 4 years and am amazed every day with how much it has changed in that period of time. To keep up with the evolution of the business we are given an opportunity to speak up and find ways to make things better. I have never heard an idea discounted without consideration and the result is that ingenuity is rewarded because it has the opportunity to prove its value. The compensation is fair and the work experience is absolutely priceless.

Cons

I have a hard time coming up with "cons" that don't make me feel like a bit of a whiner. If I've ever had a concern with anything I have communicated it clearly and rationally and it's been resolved. I don't work with anyone unreasonable and believe that upper management here genuinely wants all of us to succeed because they know that a rising tide lifts all ships.

Advice to Management

Continue to share your vision and keep your doors open. Trust that you've assembled the right team and we will continue to work hard to be worthy of that trust.

"Meh"

Current Employee - Warehouse in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at LKQ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pretty simple job, if your co-workers are decent you'll breeze through this job, if not... expect to pick up all the slack with no appreciation!

Cons

work-life balance is horrible if you're on "2nd shift" which is 6pm-3am Sun-Thurs.
    raises seem to be non-existent

Advice to Management

listen to your workers, maybe they'll stop quitting! we have more temps than full-time at our location.

7. Fantastic company to work for!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at LKQ

Pros

Great benefits and competitive pay! Good work environment and friendly employees as well as superiors.

Cons

From the self service point of view it's the weather that's hard for some to deal with.

8. it was kind of a nightmare

Former Employee - Shipping/Receiving, Viking Auto Salvage in Northfield, MN
    Former Employee - Shipping/Receiving, Viking Auto Salvage in Northfield, MN

I worked at LKQ full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the pay is alright,the benefits are good

Cons

where to start,i don't know if all the yards are this way,but there were not enough employees to do all the work so they choose the least laziest and pile on the work load,and far as work/home time it was bad,start at 8:00 am and some days i would not get to go home until 7:00 or 7:30 pm while everyone else has gone home 5:00 or 5:30

Advice to Management

give up

LKQ La Vergne, TN - Nashville, TN

Current Employee - Non-exempt Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Non-exempt Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LKQ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working here originally was the care and concern by coworkers and the supervisors.

Cons

For this to be a Fortune 500 company, corporate employees do not get raises, reviews or bonuses. There are no sick days available; you must borrow against your vacation (it's accrued); You're asked to do lots of work but nothing is given in return.

Advice to Management

Consider training supervisors as to how to conduct business and also employee incentives to stay with the company would be nice.

LKQ the real story

Current Employee - Mgr in Nash, TN
    Current Employee - Mgr in Nash, TN

I have been working at LKQ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After leaving LKQ for greener grass, I have returned to the company in a leadership role. I would like to set the record straight about the company. LKQ is a solid, employee driven company. They take good care of the employees contrary to some of the disgruntled comments I have read on this site. Upper leadership is clear and directive. Benefits are on par with other comparably sized companies.

If you have drive, commitment, work ethic, and be part of a winning team then LKQ is a great place to be. If you want to work your way up the ladder in your chosen field and pay your dues to EARN this, then LKQ is a great place to be. If you want to complain, do the bare minimum to just get by, wait for someone to tell you to act when you see problems, then perhaps you should consider looking elsewhere along with many of the negative posts on this site.

Cons

I work in the Corporate Support Center, and quite honestly I have no CONS. If I had had CONS, then I would have not returned to work for the company. I can not speak for the yards, warehouses, etc. but I can say the company is fair and has an open door policy. So if you are unhappy, then run your valid concerns up the management chain and don't bring your team down by sitting idle and complaining.

Advice to Management

MBWA. Visit your sites, reach out to people. Make yourself available to everyone down to the night watchman. Solicit for feedback and follow up on their concerns. When employees feel they are being heard and have a voice, most will put more heart and dedication into their work, and we will all benefit from it.

11. SUCKED!!!!!!

I worked at LKQ

Pros

There isn't any that i can think of SUCKED!!!!

Cons

You are just a # to this company!!!!

Advice to Management

They think they can by out a place then go in and try to change things. NEWS FLASH if a place has been in business over 30 years I think they knew what they was doing befor you idiots came along!!!! And another thing to ponder on is what works in a METRO market won't work in a RUAL market! Also love the fact that they come in give you a raise then a year later they take it away from you!!!!!!! THIS COMPANY SUCKS

RSS Feed </> Embed