LKQ

www.lkqcorp.com
Profile Unclaimed

Great Company!!!!!!

I have been working at LKQ (more than 5 years)

Pros

The support and resources that are available makes LKQ a comfortable business environment. I am trusted to complete each task presented to me

Cons

Communication in policy changes could be improved

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at LKQ

Pros

Opportunities and fair pay for most employees.

Cons

Alot of work to be done in a rapidly growing business.

Ok but if u can find another
    Company much better

Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Akron, OH

I have been working at LKQ full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Casual environment, flexible hours and managers are easy to work with.

Cons

They have racist mentality, specially for non american guys... Word of caution: prepare yourself

TOO BIG FOR ANYONE WHO DOES THE ACTUAL WORK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at LKQ full-time

Pros

Good benefits, decent paid time off, constant state of growth as all the competition is gobbled up one by one. Lone wolf workaholics are driven for as far as they will go, if that's your thing. Online training modules for distance learning, just no time to take part unless you are home and not getting paid to do them (aka for fun).

Cons

Selfish, old school branch management. Turnover is not addressed in a timely or complete fashion, forcing an untenable amount of expected multitasking from remaining staff. Everyone just has to suck it up and do more without regular annual performance reviews. No raises without threats and/or tantrums after ridiculous amounts of time being delayed and lied to. Staffing is hodge-podge, untitled, underpaid, demotivated to strive for the nothing they've come to accept, and yet, a core several have no intentions on going anywhere else because they want to see this work, because they are good employees in dire need of the proper amount of help. Delivery fleet vehicles are in various stages of somewhat embarrassing to highly dangerous. Morale is the lowest it has ever been. Management keeps everyone down and somehow expects better results. Nobody is ever fired regardless of how inept they are unless some corporate rule is broken and there's no way around it. I've had some bad jobs but none that were so awfully managed at the ground level.

I'm wondering how this branch continues to exist as managed. I can only assume that there is some sweeping adjustment that will be made and everything will be flattened and rebuilt at some point. That will probably bode very ill for the employees that continue to stick it out. I don't see anyone reaching out from above while this branch goes deeper and deeper into the red. Most, if not all the employees of this branch feel cut off from even the very next level of management, treated as engine room operators in a sinking ship. Kept that way by the branch's manager.

Great coworkers poor pay.

Current Employee - Administrative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Administrative in Portland, OR

I have been working at LKQ full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Opportunity for growth. Benefits OK.

Cons

Corporate management. Poor pay advances and Compensation. No bonuses. More concerned with making a profit than Compensating good employees and satisfying customers.

Need to provide better employee pay for quality work. Focus more on customer satisfaction. Need to take better care of employers and pay them more. Need to implement regular pay raises.

Terrible

Former Employee - Night Time-Warehouse in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Night Time-Warehouse in Tampa, FL

I worked at LKQ full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Its a paycheck and nothing else.

Cons

The management does not care about employees. I was at a warehouse in Tampa, FL and LKQ bought out another company called Insignia. The manager decided to pack all the products from that company's warehouses throughout Florida into that one warehouse. That was hell I left that place. Just weeks later, I was told that the manager asked the employees to take everything that was put on the shelves and throw them away, donate them, or transfer it to another warehouse. I though, why didn't they take count of the inventory that was obsolete before they used up the time, fuel, man power, and funds of the company? It would have made more sense and I'm sure that whole acquisition would have costed the company more less, and maybe they would of had room to give raises to the employees that deserved it. The manager in that warehouse has never worked in a warehouse, he was a sales guy, yet for some reason, they put that idiot in charge.

Show more appreciation for your employees.

send your friends else where

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

I have been working at LKQ full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

relaxed atmosphere, ok pay and benefits (for most of us), fairly close to home and most of the employees are easy to get along with

upper management did finally fire the thief they had running the place, we all thank you for that.

Cons

the rushing and high volume of parts and cars isn't helping anyone. the returns rate is ridiculous, which isn't surprising since upper management is trying to buy every car out there and then sell every piece off of it, even if it is no good. I've heard that the northeast regional V.P. has gone as far as to tell the guys inventorying the cars to add in parts that they KNOW are no good, like the engine and transmission! (because they don't trust us to make that decision i guess) why would you intentionally shoot your sellers in the foot? why do you insist on ticking off the customers?

we've been told that production is going to slow down a little (or maybe just not increase) and the company was going to focus on quality. what the hell happened to that? 4 more car lifts just got put in out back!!!

STOP LYING TO THE EMPLOYEES!

Great company with lots of opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at LKQ full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good compensation and lots of opportunities for advancement for employees that prove themselves, and are willing to expand their roles. Willingness to relocate is very valuable in this company, as key positions are always coming available at different locations across North America. Compensation for management tied to the performance of the branch is excellent, as key employees have a personal interest in seeing the location & company succeed.

Cons

As with most large corporations, there can be challenges getting some simple things done. Waiting for approvals, ensuring that proper regulatory procedures (SOX, ISO, Ect) are followed can delay and complicate otherwise simple tasks. Project management is also surprisingly poor for facility expansions and moves, which is unexpected since this company has grown through acquisition and integration. There seem to be just too many people involved, with muddled communication. With so many projects on the go for the ops team, no one gets the proper attention it should probably deserve.

LKQ could use a bit of work within the HR department developing culture. Since the company has been formed as a melting pot of dozens of other companies, there is little corporate identity. Also, benefit packages that exceed industry standard would be great, as they would give an added incentive for employees to stay within LKQ rather than move along to other organizations in the same industry.

Interesting

Former Contractor - Bank Reconcilation Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Former Contractor - Bank Reconcilation Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at LKQ as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Communication is great, managed by true winners.

Cons

Lots of micro-managing, I spent more time having to explain to management that I was going to lunch than I actually spent at lunch. Pay was not industry average.

Pretty horrible

I have been working at LKQ full-time (more than a year)

Pros

not bad if you like being underpaid and treated like a tool

Cons

no respect for production workers