LLNS Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
2.1

Janet Donnelly

Entrepreneurial spirit and great management

I have been working at LLNS full-time

Pros

Everyone has a voice and is heard. There are so many opportunities to interact with senior management, even beyond your own team. It's a great place to work if you're in the business to do great things!

Cons

Small agency, so resources are sometimes a challenge

I felt totally Unappreciated!

I worked at LLNS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bagel Fridays, Fresh Fruit and a few good people!

Cons

No Raises! Senior management doesn't have a clue. The culture was Brown Nosing!

Poor internal communications; some senior staff is dead wood and turnover is high

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at LLNS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great kitchen and dining area. Private offices/cubicles...not wide open spaces. Fairly quiet.

Cons

Hires quite a few junior writers and account people. Departments don't necessarily work together.

Treat your employees nicer. Don't just sit in your offices, but walk around and see how employees are doing, but don't micromanage.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was one of the greats. Went downhill. But always had great people

I worked at LLNS

Pros

The people were always a highlight of the agency. They were also willing to try new things. Excellent benefits and flexible scheduling

Cons

When business went down, they cut from the middle and bottom, never from the top. That was a morale killer. Little recognition for the hard working people left picking up the pieces. No vision from Upper Management on what they were doing.

Find out what your focus will be, be honest with people if they won't fit that focus, and go there confidently. People are not confident to put LLNS on their resume. You should want to change that.

Senior leadership doesn't see the ineptitude within their ranks and consistently scrutinizes and scapegoats junior staff

Current Employee - Creative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I have been working at LLNS full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are decent Omnicom benefits, along with fresh fruit daily and bagel Fridays. And there are good people here.

Cons

Backstabbing
    No team camaraderie
    Constant layoff/firing cycles
    Muddled unified/constellation organization
    No vision

Start over from the top...stop looking outward to place blame for LLNS' problems. Look at yourselves. Better generals, better army.

New creative leadership is great!

I have been working at LLNS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The new creative leadership is incredible! Finally, someone who knows what he's doing!!! He's a great manager (really cares about his people), offers real creative input (clear and knowledgeable direction), he's a team player, and brings digital experience. He totally "gets it." (And this is not him writing this, I swear!) There are some very cool creative people there and, unlike, many other agencies, they tend to check their egos at the door. It's about the work, not the ego.

Cons

Most of the account people treat their colleagues like factory workers, but there's a very promising shift happening with the new creative leadership. Many of us wonder what some of the SVP account people are doing. For some, their jobs seem to be part time---they're never in the office, always seem to be on vacation, have minimal interaction with their teams, aren't on pitches, and don't seem to spend much time with their clients, either. So where are they??? The president's minimal interaction with us common folk mainly consists of negative feedback; she rarely offers positive feedback and seems very disconnected/unconcerned with what's happening at the agency, until something goes horribly wrong. Some of the account people she values most are the reason behind the high turnover---because they treat their teams like factory workers. It definitely feels like the bottom line is the ONLY thing she cares about.

LLNS has always been perceived as an "account driven agency." Creative turnover has occurred multiple times and, yet, most of the senior level account people have stayed while the agency continues to shrink. It's time to bring in new and more strategic senior level account people. It's also time for a new president.

worst agency

I have been working at LLNS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The only pro is bagels every Friday and Omnicom benefits

Cons

It is absolutely hilarious that the HR lady who was just fired wrote all these bogus positive reviews. This may just be the worst agency in all of Omnicom and Upper management is too blame. The President and SVP of Operations are complete jokes and are clueless on how to run a company and unfortunately these are the ones running this s*** show.

Since you love to lay off people, how about lay off yourselves. Senior management is a joke this includes President, SVP's (Operations and Account Services). Only positive hire may be the new Chief Creative Officer. None the less, nothing will save this place at this point and rumor has it the agency will fold after the massive exodus of most of its clients (only a handful of small accounts the ENTIRE agency works on). Overall, management is unprofessional and down right dirty and will throw anyone and everyone under the bus.

Don't bother.

I have been working at LLNS

Pros

The people are friendly. The new CCO appears to know what he's doing and might be able to bring some life back to the work here. Bagels on Fridays.

Cons

Management is a joke. Senior leadership has no idea how to retain or attract talent. The high rate of turnover is a huge red flag for an agency of such a small size. Creative is dull, account lacks strategic insight and never gives clear direction. Pay is average for the industry, but not nearly enough to keep people in such a dreary place for more than a year or two.

Show some real appreciation to your employees. Bagels won't cut it. There are people here who have great ideas. Unfortunately they're stifled and burned out. Give your staff the support they need, otherwise LLNS will be nothing more than a stepping stone.

Wasted almost a year

I have been working at LLNS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Omnicom benefits, closed like any other agency winter break

Cons

I've been here just about a year and definitely wasted my time here. I didn't learn anything there was no culture until they brought in a new HR person and when we finally saw improvement (despite the facts we lost a majority of our business and employees are working on all accounts) they fired her. Bizarre, you have to think that the CEO doesn't want this place to succeed or the president would have been replaced. It is just sad and time to lose the door. Waiting for my offer so I can resign

Give employee raises!!!!

Don't leave your current job for llns

Current Employee - Account Mgt  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Mgt in New York, NY

I have been working at LLNS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some nice people, benefits. Unfortunately not a lot of pros

Cons

Mgt. sr leadership does not know how to run a company. I left a job to come here and haven't been here for 2 months and employees are quitting left and right and if they haven't quit yet they are looking. I left a job that I wasn't happy at but I should've stayed. Since I've been here 3 sr people have been let go. It is a depressing place to go.

Learn that people are your assets.

Worked for LLNS? Contribute to the Community!