LMI Aerospace

Be The First To
Add Photos

LMI Aerospace President, CEO, and Director Ron Saks

Ron Saks

Interesting to say the least.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsThe Tulsa leadership team attempts to bring a fun, friendly culture to the employees; however, the corporate "help" stifles the team environment and turns against those trying to make a difference at the plant level.

ConsThe "good ol' buddy boy' system is alive and well with the leadership changes taking place from the top through the director level. Lots & lots of overtime which makes up for the poor compensation. That is if you like working lots of hours. "Work/Life" balance is a joke. Unfortunate to see the paradigm falling apart as this was not the vision Ron Saks or Bob Grah had.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a look at the Director level and start there.... are they really the people you want representing the organization. Compensation .... you pay for what you get.
    Work/Life balance ... 50-60 hours a week???? Is this really a good balance?

One of my worst jobs ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vista, CA

ProsSome people more than others are great to be around on a daily basis. Hard working shop personnel. Decent benefits, but not great.. Good stable environment, with lots of work. If you are interested in employment here, strongly recommend administrative job in front office. Otherwise you'll be very sorry.

ConsWhere do I start? List is quite long. The corporation really treasures administrative staff, creating a very thick barrier between hourly employees, and front office. Customer Service staff is way over-pampered. They often goof-off then wait until the last minute to push everyone on the floor to make up excessive time they've wasted, selling girl scout cookies, little league raffle tickets, etc. LMI wants to boss you around, treat you like a slave, and cut into as much of your personal time as they can steal from you. They believe they own you. Very low pay, very little PTO. LMI needs to update its pay scale to the 21st century. Inexperienced rookie leads/supervisors have enormous egos and bad bossy attitudes, often creating a hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay scale in dire need of revisions. PTO also needs revising. Stop making employees hard efforts suffer for bad corporate acquisitions. Profit share. Stop the lame excuses, keep your promises! More appreciation for the shop production personnel. They make the product that sells. Not customer service. Get it through your thick heads!

Great but advancement and pay not great

ProsFamily environment great team building environment

ConsPay, advancement, educational training, segragated

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove Pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning experience in the Aerospace Industry for new beginners

Quality Inspector (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

Prosgood co-workers that are willing to work with you in all areas of the floor

ConsGrowing pains as they continue to expand

Advice to Senior ManagementListen a bit more to the worker's on the floor before you change things and production goes behind instead forward.

Great Work Environment

Project Engineering Intern (Former Employee)

ProsAlmost everyone is easy to get along with and are people that you could get along with outside of the office. I had a great experience overall and I would recommend this company. If you display exceptional competency you will can create great opportunities.

ConsSome issues with product priority between plants, but nothing terrible or out of the ordinary.

The worst career experience of my life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits. The company has some great employees and there are a few good leaders.

ConsThe culture leaves a lot to be desired. There are a few individuals in leadership positions because of who they know, not because they are good leaders. HR has entirely to much control of how the organization is run and they are far from a service organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the new CEO coming on board, I would recommend he clean house of several Vice Presidents.

Good place to work if you can deal with drama and politicians.

Operator (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsEmployees try their best to make due with substandard management.

ConsConstantly under pressure to perform perfectly without being given what it takes to do the job correctly. Managers succeed and thrive by being sneaky and playing politics. This job is more about being able to use your voice to talk a good game without having to ever produce. Morale is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees that you actually value them.

Good company to work for overall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood pay and benefits. GM was easy to work for and good hard working people.

ConsSmall company and understaffed. Inability to grow the CNC machining business is resulting in the closing of the Fort Worth, Texas facility in 2014. Expectations of hours to work not conveyed well and work/home life suffers

Advice to Senior ManagementWork normal hours and staff correctly to support business needs and home life of employees

Great opportunity

Materials Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsChallenges makes you stronger for sure.

ConsNothing I could think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone to mention at the moment.

At the time they weren't well focused

ProsThis is a growing company

ConsUnrealistic expectations entering a new product line. Management is very entrenched and not flexible.

Worked for LMI Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!