LMO Advertising Reviews

1. Cool Internship

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at LMO Advertising as an intern

Pros

Super nice, down-to-earth people. Snazzy new office. The ping pong table, dart board, and zen room make it a livable environment. There is always something to do and everyone is willing to help. Pay is nice along with the surrounding area. It is a really laid-back environment, most people wear jeans and casual wear to work. The training and networking opportunities are limitless.

Cons

There is a lot of on-going projects that can take up the majority of your time. It can become mundane and a little boring so it is up to you to decide when to move on to something else. People can get pretty consumed in their work so as aforementioned, it is up to you to ask questions, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep being great!

Mar 18, 2015 – President & CEO

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your time at LMO, we tried very hard to create an open collaborative environment with our move. Through our internships, we try our best to give ... More

2. Great Place to Work

I have been working at LMO Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really care about their employees here. One of the things I love is that I really feel like the ownership are good people. The work environment is fun, the new office is great, and the work is interesting.

Cons

Overall, pay is low compared to other agencies. I personally have not been able to grow significantly in my career and have stalled out here.

Mar 18, 2015 – President & CEO

Thank you for your review. We live by our creed, that “We are a family of creators” and by extension employees are family. We are trying our best to diversify our Client base and work to create ... More

3. Great company over all!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at LMO Advertising full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent healthcare and vacation benefits; senior staff is very understanding about bereavement leave and flexible hours. Great opportunity in certain departments. Summer Fridays (although this is dependent on your work load.) A lot of intelligent and competent senior directors with vast backgrounds.

Cons

Lack of enthusiasm coming from certain employees which brings down the agency. Poor distribution of responsibilities. Some employees give 110%, while others are extremely lazy.

Advice to Management

Remove the unmotivated employees who are just weighing the agency down.

Mar 18, 2015 – President & CEO

Thank you for your review. Providing quality benefits at LMO is important to us. We have added an emphasis on training and increased communication to try and combat some of this issues you outlined.

More Procedure, Less Creative.

I worked at LMO Advertising full-time

Pros

Good healthcare plan, Summer Fridays, flexible hours, unlimited sick days (it's an honor system that they trust you not to abuse), and generally interesting people to work with.

Cons

Slow career growth, lots of futile interdepartmental politics, and a general lack of enthusiasm coming from the top down that results in the agency producing work that's not terribly creative in spite of employing some very talented individuals.

Advice to Management

Identify talent and make it your mission to mentor and develop those individuals, and remove the people who are weighing the agency down.

Creatives, media, interactive professionals should apply, account service stay far away!

I worked at LMO Advertising

Pros

*Benefits are good *Creative, Media, Interactive Departments are talented (but often held down from account services) * Family like atmosphere

Cons

Where to begin... *Certain accounts lack focus/leadership/knowledgable/experienced managers *Poor account management/HR business ethics *"Very Clicky" *No room for professional/internal growth!!!

Advice to Management

Stop being "yes" people; guide clients, you're the marketing "expert" ***Please, for the love of God: learn what ROI is...

Great work-life balance and benefits. Awful, incompetent management and office politics.

I worked at LMO Advertising

Pros

Great work-life balance. Great health insurance. Unlimited sick days. 75% of public transportation commuting costs are covered.

Cons

Incompetent management. You aren't promoted on the basis of your abilities or accomplishments, but only on politics. Salary differentials are ridiculous, even between people with the same title within a department. Management is very hypocritical with everything from projects to lunch breaks. For example, my manager would take hours out of the day to watch the World Cup and weeks later ream me out for taking an extra half hour for lunch on just one occasion.

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to start. The "leadershp" at LM&O does not set a good example.

Nice benefits, no growth, bad management

I worked at LMO Advertising

Pros

good benefits for senior staff nice people

Cons

no growth for staff poor management

RSS Feed </> Embed