LOYAL3

www.loyal3.com

LOYAL3 Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Barry Schneider

A smart, close-knit group of innovators in the financial technology space doing meaningful work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong culture of integrity, innovation and interdependence. Fun atmosphere, with a good (and healthy) mix of startup energy, growth challenges (which we adapt well to) and constant innovation. Colleagues that respect each other and know how to have fun, while working hard. A culture of learning. A culture of doing the right thing, while helping to bring investment access to millions of Americans.

ConsThis is a startup, so there are times when we show up early in the morning or stay late at night. But no one tells us to do that, we do it because we want to. Of course, that is something endemic to startups.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe appreciate the growing number of perks being given to us (organic fruits, cold-pressed juices, Dolores Park resting room with couch, etc.). I think small things like that mean a lot to us.

Nothing short of amazing...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Authentic "start-up" culture
    - Bright and intelligent staff
    - High growth and disruptive business model
    - Great employee compensation and benefits package
    - Beautiful office space(s)
    - Free snacks (coffee/tea, red bull, soda, juice, KIND bars, sun chips, Kashi bars, trail mix, etc...)
    - Casual dress code (my personal favorite)

Cons- Open office layout, makes it hard to tune out and focus
    - If you're not a self starter, the lack of micromanagement can be difficult to handle
    - No more Blue Bottle coffee

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work...

Great company to work with

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Proscooperative and happy co-workers, work-life balance, peers willing to help and mentor others

ConsNot enough office space, feel a bit cramped

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture, challenging learning environment with big rewards

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOut of all the places I've worked, the company culture at LOYAL3 is by far the best. As cliche as it sounds, I really do feel like I'm working with friends every day. Like any office culture, there are ebbs and flows but the ebbs are few. The technical expectations are challenging and encompass all aspects of the development lifecycle given that all engineers are encouraged to be proficient in full stack development. The engineers at LOYAL3 are some of the smartest people I’ve ever worked with. The challenge is there if you're willing to find it, own it and run with it.

ConsIf you come from a traditional engineering environment where your path is clearly laid out for you, integrating into LOYAL3 can be a bit jarring. Again, the challenge is there if you're willing to find it, own it and run with it. Success at LOYAL3 depends on how assertive you're willing to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery employee has their own unique trajectory and set of skills they want to build.

Great Company Culture

Executive Assistant and Office Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIt's like working with family or your closest friends. Recruiting does an excellent job of picking quality people: bright, creative, fun, and energetic. Also we are a diverse mix that you don't usually have the opportunity to find in most companies. Engineering, finance and creative teams could all be working on the same project together.

ConsThere isn't a tremendous opportunity for growth. Actually it's confusing how advancement takes place. Advancement does happen, but management doesn't let you know how that opportunity could be yours, even if it's something you are clearly interested in doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in someone on the executive level who can implement strategy for employee growth potential as well as employee retention.

Great coworkers and inexperienced upper management.

Engineering (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people, good office location, decent work-life balance.
    Kitchen stocked with all kind of snacks, drinks and healthy breakfast ingredients.

ConsUnpredictable promotions that often have no professional basis.
    Boring Monday morning meetings.
    Engineering on-boarding process is challenging, with no ownership.

Advice to Senior ManagementFill in the gap of strong leadership.
    Retain knowledgeable, hardworking people.

Smart Group, Fast Paced, Exciting Time at the Company!

ProsSuper smart, hard working group of people coming together for a noteworthy mission. Love the energy and the collaboration. Interesting hybrid of a tech company and finance firm makes for an exciting opportunity.

ConsIt's a go go go environment and at times priorities change. This can create fire drills but I think that's inherent in any startup environment.

Pod Life

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEveryday I have the opportunity to work along side some of the smartest, most humble and creative people in the industry. I learn something new every day and there is never a dull moment in the office.

ConsThe only thing that I would say is a "con" is that the priorities are constantly changing but that is the life of a startup.

A great place to work with brilliant hard-working people.

ProsFantastic Financial District office with open work space. Collaborative environment with a relatively flat organizational structure. It's never a problem to get the resources and tools you need to get the job done. Hard work gets recognized.

ConsWe have amazing growth coming down the line, but when the business needs to jump at opportunities it's all-consuming. Just the nature of the startup beast.

Truly horizontal workplace right on the cusp of BLOWING UP.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGamechanging biz model, bright, highly-motivated colleagues, exciting time in the company life-cycle, approachable, principled management, cool offices located in the heart of the Financial District, familial work environment within teams, still small enough to feel like an important part of the team and an overarching positive attitude in the office.

ConsL3 culture is such that when the company decides to pivot you can be asked to stop working on your current project (that you were told was "high priority just a few days prior) and jump in to aid with the change. There are a lot of pivots.

Worked for LOYAL3? Contribute to the Community!