LOYAL3 Reviews

Updated July 22, 2014
Updated July 22, 2014

4.4

Barry Schneider

A smart, close-knit group of innovators in the financial technology space doing meaningful work.

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong culture of integrity, innovation and interdependence. Fun atmosphere, with a good (and healthy) mix of startup energy, growth challenges (which we adapt well to) and constant innovation. Colleagues that respect each other and know how to have fun, while working hard. A culture of learning. A culture of doing the right thing, while helping to bring investment access to millions of Americans.

Cons

This is a startup, so there are times when we show up early in the morning or stay late at night. But no one tells us to do that, we do it because we want to. Of course, that is something endemic to startups.

We appreciate the growing number of perks being given to us (organic fruits, cold-pressed juices, Dolores Park resting room with couch, etc.). I think small things like that mean a lot to us.

Nothing short of amazing...

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Authentic "start-up" culture
    - Bright and intelligent staff
    - High growth and disruptive business model
    - Great employee compensation and benefits package
    - Beautiful office space(s)
    - Free snacks (coffee/tea, red bull, soda, juice, KIND bars, sun chips, Kashi bars, trail mix, etc...)
    - Casual dress code (my personal favorite)

Cons

- Open office layout, makes it hard to tune out and focus
    - If you're not a self starter, the lack of micromanagement can be difficult to handle
    - No more Blue Bottle coffee

Keep up the good work...

Great company to work with

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time for more than a year

Pros

cooperative and happy co-workers, work-life balance, peers willing to help and mentor others

Cons

Not enough office space, feel a bit cramped

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture, challenging learning environment with big rewards

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Out of all the places I've worked, the company culture at LOYAL3 is by far the best. As cliche as it sounds, I really do feel like I'm working with friends every day. Like any office culture, there are ebbs and flows but the ebbs are few. The technical expectations are challenging and encompass all aspects of the development lifecycle given that all engineers are encouraged to be proficient in full stack development. The engineers at LOYAL3 are some of the smartest people I’ve ever worked with. The challenge is there if you're willing to find it, own it and run with it.

Cons

If you come from a traditional engineering environment where your path is clearly laid out for you, integrating into LOYAL3 can be a bit jarring. Again, the challenge is there if you're willing to find it, own it and run with it. Success at LOYAL3 depends on how assertive you're willing to be.

Every employee has their own unique trajectory and set of skills they want to build.

Great Company Culture

Current Employee - Executive Assistant and Office Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant and Office Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's like working with family or your closest friends. Recruiting does an excellent job of picking quality people: bright, creative, fun, and energetic. Also we are a diverse mix that you don't usually have the opportunity to find in most companies. Engineering, finance and creative teams could all be working on the same project together.

Cons

There isn't a tremendous opportunity for growth. Actually it's confusing how advancement takes place. Advancement does happen, but management doesn't let you know how that opportunity could be yours, even if it's something you are clearly interested in doing.

Bring in someone on the executive level who can implement strategy for employee growth potential as well as employee retention.

Great coworkers and inexperienced upper management.

Current Employee - Engineering  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, good office location, decent work-life balance.
    Kitchen stocked with all kind of snacks, drinks and healthy breakfast ingredients.

Cons

Unpredictable promotions that often have no professional basis.
    Boring Monday morning meetings.
    Engineering on-boarding process is challenging, with no ownership.

Fill in the gap of strong leadership.
    Retain knowledgeable, hardworking people.

Smart Group, Fast Paced, Exciting Time at the Company!

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time

Pros

Super smart, hard working group of people coming together for a noteworthy mission. Love the energy and the collaboration. Interesting hybrid of a tech company and finance firm makes for an exciting opportunity.

Cons

It's a go go go environment and at times priorities change. This can create fire drills but I think that's inherent in any startup environment.

Pod Life

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyday I have the opportunity to work along side some of the smartest, most humble and creative people in the industry. I learn something new every day and there is never a dull moment in the office.

Cons

The only thing that I would say is a "con" is that the priorities are constantly changing but that is the life of a startup.

A great place to work with brilliant hard-working people.

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time

Pros

Fantastic Financial District office with open work space. Collaborative environment with a relatively flat organizational structure. It's never a problem to get the resources and tools you need to get the job done. Hard work gets recognized.

Cons

We have amazing growth coming down the line, but when the business needs to jump at opportunities it's all-consuming. Just the nature of the startup beast.

Truly horizontal workplace right on the cusp of BLOWING UP.

I have been working at LOYAL3 full-time

Pros

Gamechanging biz model, bright, highly-motivated colleagues, exciting time in the company life-cycle, approachable, principled management, cool offices located in the heart of the Financial District, familial work environment within teams, still small enough to feel like an important part of the team and an overarching positive attitude in the office.

Cons

L3 culture is such that when the company decides to pivot you can be asked to stop working on your current project (that you were told was "high priority just a few days prior) and jump in to aid with the change. There are a lot of pivots.

Worked for LOYAL3? Contribute to the Community!