LRN Reviews

Reset
3.7
LRN Chairman and CEO Dov L. Seidman
Dov L. Seidman

Pros
  • Great people to work with who are away from the CEO (in 8 reviews)

• They are really able to attract good people (keeping them is another story) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Preach flatness but there is still the feeling of top down decision making (in 8 reviews)

• There cannot be a self-governing culture if there is fear and there is (in 8 reviews)

Office Manager/Receptionist

Current Employee - Office Manager/Recepionist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager/Recepionist in New York, NY

I have been working at LRN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for LRN since January and it has been such a blessing. LRN treats its employees with the utmost respect. Employees also enjoy free drinks and snacks, which saves everyone money! I work a very long day, but it is very gratifying knowing I work for such a great company. I love taking care of clients and my coworkers.

Cons

As with any company, everyone can improve with communication.

Exciting opportunity on 5th!

I have been working at LRN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- In depth on on boarding program positions employees for success - Opportunity to work with a diverse group of highly committed colleagues inspired to make a difference - Transparent work environment with no office politics - Easy access to senior leadership - Great work environment/ beautiful New York office space

Cons

- flat, self governing structure can at times create role confusion - under resourced in certain key areas needed to support high growth opportunities

Advice to Management

- Continue aggressive focus on recruiting and retaining talent

The church of scientology for companies

Former Employee - Business Development & Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development & Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at LRN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At a high level, the company vision is very engaging -- trying to change the world by helping companies to foster cultures where every leader seeks to do the right think and be values-driven in everything she/he does.

Cons

I'm not one to leave negative reviews about places where I have worked. I tend to be grateful for past opportunities and find a silver lining in almost every professional experience. However, I just saw an overwhelming number of positive reviews for LRN all in a 48 hour window, and I just know that these are not genuine reviews from current or past employees without some coordination from above. The bottom line: When you join LRN, you are joining a cult-like organization where those who follow the CEO's mandate/vision quietly are rewarded and those who question the status quo are isolated. The company stands for very strong ideals (doing the right thing always, principled behavior, honest & transparent cultures), but leadership often misses the mark and does not live up to those values.

Advice to Management

Please do the right thing and let employees share their honest feedback with you. Do not try to motivate your senior leaders to write reviews to shape a different narrative. Take a deep look inside and figure out if you have the moral backbone to be in the line of business to advise other executives on the topic, or if you are best suited for a different product/service.

On those one star reviews...

Current Employee - Solutions in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Solutions in New York, NY

I have been working at LRN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at LRN for several years. I work closely with many people across the organization, including many of those with broad leadership mandates and the founder, Dov Seidman. In reading through a number of the recent posts on this site, it strikes me that something nefarious is going on here at Glassdoor. There seem to be a number of posts laced with ad hominem attacks and vitriol. They seem to serve little purpose beyond a take-down, grounded on a caricature of who we are and what we are trying to do in the world. I’d encourage you to look past them. If you would like to understand more about LRN, come in and talk to us. We're very transparent. We'll tell you what we've down right, and we'll be honest with you about where we're trying to do better. Come on in. You can meet with anyone and everyone. And then decide for yourself. At LRN, I get to think deeply about the world we live in and the one I want for my children. I get to learn from and collaborate with talented colleagues who are deeply committed to what we’re trying to do, and each other. I get to do meaningful work, with the metric that matter most being the impact I’m having in the world. I’m grateful for the 20 years of sweat and effort put in by those who got here for me. I’m also continuously inspired and energized by the commitment of Dov Seidman to keep this place great and to propel us even further forward.

Cons

LRN isn't for everyone. Operating in a values, based company without a boss will challenge you in ways you hadn't expected. Make sure you're up for the task.

Proud to Be a Member of the LRN Team

Current Employee - President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - President in New York, NY

I have been working at LRN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will join a 20-yr-old company driven by the simple and powerful vision that the world would be a better place if more people did the right thing, a message that is more relevant and needed than ever in today’s world. You will work side by side with truly talented and authentic colleagues, beginning with the CEO and Founder. I gained a lot of respect for LRN and its people while competing with them for many years in the Ethics & Compliance industry, and I am now proud to be working alongside them to help achieve our objectives and pursue our joint mission. I speak for all of them when I say LRN is a place for those who are deeply passionate about making a difference, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you must lean in and produce, and enjoy working with some of the best and brightest people in the industry. I am proud to have joined a highly a successful business that provides innovative services, solutions, and thought leadership to many of the world’s largest global companies, and is a recognized leader in a fast-growing industry. There is a reason we continue to attract talented new colleagues bringing their passion and a diverse set of skills as the company continues to expand. See for yourself. Come meet and engage with the people at LRN, whether they have been around for ten years or ten months, and I know you will feel the sense of urgency and passion to achieve.

Cons

If the desire to help advance a meaningful mission is what you are about, I can't think of a better place to be. If not, LRN is not for you. We are striving to build a self-governance model based on trust, shared values and a deep purpose, and I’ll be the first one to admit that we haven’t achieved perfection. But I also know that we will never stop trying to improve and to continue experimenting and growing with the goal of becoming the company we aspire to be. That makes me very proud of being a part of the LRN team, and angry (I’m not perfect either) to see other people portray us to potential partners and colleagues on this site in a way that doesn’t match our reality.

7. Wanted: Great People / Elevated Behavior

I have been working at LRN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rewarding, diverse and interesting work with some of the world's largest companies. Opportunity to truly create new content and diagnostics in an industry that continues to have high growth rates and the need for our services has never been greater. The CEO is a visionary and gives space for leaders to emerge. The bar is high but they can come from anywhere. The growth comes from innovation and new ideas. This is a company committed to investing in new ideas for the long-term. Large number of recent new postings on this site reflect the passion of the team towards the business. Those considering working at LRN should also know it is a direct and blunt response to the handful of negative responses by people identifying as former employees that portray the company and CEO in a way we reject and are offended by. No company is perfect but LRN on balance is better than most and we know we have more work to do.

Cons

Our people are our most valuable asset and we know and are quite transparent we have more work to do to on the "HR" front.

Advice to Management

Keep the pedal on the gas. We know what we need to do.

Hard To Get Hired But Worth IT

I have been working at LRN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A unique opportunity to work at a mission with a business. Each day every employee comes in with the goal of doing the right thing and adding value for our customers and partners. The people at LRN are extremely bright and passionate about the mission. Company is actively hiring new talented people and highly committed to the industry. Nicest office space I have ever worked and the open plan allows direct and frequent access to the highly innovative and passionate CEO.

Cons

On-boarding/training of new employees needs to be improved so we ensure every employee is positioned to succeed.

Advice to Management

Focus on career progression and retention

Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at LRN (More than a year)

Pros

This incredibly exciting and positive collaborative atmosphere is in the midst of an exciting change that everyone at LRN can feel. We are practicing what we preach and really "going for it" in 2015. Our flat leadership style leaves communication channels open for anyone in the organization to be heard. Furthermore, I feel like I have quickly been accepted into the organization and we are continuing to build the cohesiveness of our outstanding team of professionals. While in my first few weeks at LRN, I made some technical mistakes. These experiences were utilized by leadership in the organization with which I work closely in order to create a very collaborative and constructive critical analysis.

Cons

The onboarding process is difficult. Sometimes, finding your way at LRN was difficult however with a "flat organization," this is entirely to be expected.

Advice to Management

Continue the successful effort you are making to be accessible to everyone in the organization.

NIGHTMARE ON 5TH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LRN (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful office location & Great Colleagues.

Cons

Managers are rude bullies that do not take advice from colleagues that know more than them, and they don't take ownership for their poor decisions.

Advice to Management

If HOW plans on being the answer for another 20 years the Executive Committee needs to learn HOW. Also, Colleague roles and expectations should be clearly defined. One last thing Dov shouldn't be rated the team he has around him should be rated.

Fragmentary, unstructured, lack of vision from management.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Excellent work-life balance. The office location could not be beat, and snacks. A number of interesting projects.

Cons

Lack of structure, unity in vision and strategy. Compensation left something to be desired and leadership was at best nebulous and disengaged.

Advice to Management

Set a clear strategic vision and implement. Value employees as an asset

RSS Feed </> Embed