LRN

LRN Reviews in Westwood, CA

2.7

LRN Chairman and CEO Dov L. Seidman
Dov L. Seidman

Pros
  • comfortable work timings, work from home option, decent office space (in 5 reviews)

• Excellent work-life balance and culture (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Preach flatness but there is still the feeling of top down decision making (in 8 reviews)

• There cannot be a self-governing culture if there is fear and there is (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

An inspirational company and with a bright future in improving Corporate Culture

I worked at LRN

Pros

-Employee Benefits
    -Fun culture
    - Inspirational Leadership

Cons

-Compensation
    - Lack of Career advancement opportunities
    - Do not hold company holiday events.

I'd recommend offering employees clearly defined career paths so that they can make more money and stay with company.

Mixed feelings...

I worked at LRN

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with fantastic people and for a while I felt that there was a great opportunity to change the world at LRN. The salary was good and took a lot of good ideals away with me.

Cons

Working at LRN felt like a whirlwind of negativity. There was a lot of indecision and it felt like the company was full throttle in Drive and Reverse at the same time, ultimately going no where. There are so many people who, some justified some not, had very strong feelings against upper management and create a toxic work environment.

I feel like Dov is a fantastic speaker and writer and should focus on what he is good at. Unless he gets some training, I see a lot more "learning" in LRN's future. Get better executives who are better leaders and tone down the hypocritical behavior then employees will trust you more.

LRN job seekers

I worked at LRN

Pros

The people make or rather should I say made that place, though most have left or been laid off. There was an atmosphere of collaboration within the different departments, and shared recognition of the big goals presented to us daily.

Cons

Lack of interest or knowledge and communication from the top to really get a sense of the working persons jobs and day to day problems.

Find out what people do, and don't just try and please the number one.

It should be "How Not"...

I worked at LRN

Pros

The LRN message is fantastic.
    The employees are smart, nice, and really good people.

Cons

LRN is the antithesis of what they preach. It is the worst corporate culture out there. There is absolutely no integrity, no respect, and no trust. The management asked employees to post positive messages here (back to integrity), which did inspire me to post. It is truly a case study on how not to drive a positive culture. Culture is talked about constantly, and employees have meetings on parts of Dov's book - no one wants to go to the meetings, no one wants to express their feelings, no one trusts management. Every employee wants out, many leave without finding a job. It is debilitating.

Listen and trust your people. You are not always smarter than everyone else.