LRP Publications Reviews

Kenneth Kahn

A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at LRP Publications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am very lucky to work for such a great company. LRP is successful and ever growing. The president and managers have clearly worked hard to create this well-oiled machine. The work is challenging and there's lots of it - but processes are streamlined and very organized. Those who work hard and have a good work ethic are recognized and rewarded - and, when possible, they promote from within. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable with really nice people to work for and with. The company genuinely cares about its employees - offering flex time, PTO, good health benefits, 401k and more. We are often surprised with appreciation events - whether it be a heart-healthy snack or a Holiday event. It's hard to find a company like this - the people, the perks, the growth and success - they all make it a really great place to work.

Cons

I cannot understand the bad reviews/tantrums left on this site. Don't let a few disgruntled former employees dissuade you from applying. Every company has its cons...LRP just has less. Departmentally, socially, it can seem a bit segregated, but if you make the effort to mingle, you'll find that everyone is very friendly. And opportunities for promotion may not be available as frequently as in some other companies.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Positive Career Culture

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at LRP Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This Graphic Design position provides a fun/challenging fast-paced work environment in a competitive publishing industry. Located in (sunny) Palm Beach Gardens, FL.

Cons

We are constantly growing (no cons).

Generally a good experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at LRP Publications full-time

Pros

Casual workplace; office located in a nice area; great managers and directors; ability to get promoted from within; flex time; decent salary and benefits

Cons

It could feel very clicque-oriented by department; tyrannical IT department that made you feel that your computer was always being watched; president was anti-social and came across as very intimidating since he did nothing to really make employees feel at ease, same can be said for most executives in other departments, too

Horrible, Terrible Place to work

Pros

Horrible place to work- no one is happy there!

Cons

Everything- who wants to work for pennies while the owner gets his new cars delivered in front of you

Prefer not to say my title

Former Employee - Anonymous in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Pros

Located in sunny Florida. There are no other pros.

Cons

The worst experience I have ever had. I am ashamed to say I worked here. BEWARE: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY... Florida is an at-will state so there is no accountability.

Advice to Management

No advice could solve these problems...

Horrible company....worst place to work ever

Pros

Short work week requirement because who in their right mind would want to stay there any longer?

Cons

Everything else! Horrible management, employee benefits are horrendous and so many IT rules you feel like big brother is watching you at all times?

A Good Place to Work

I have been working at LRP Publications full-time

Pros

Professional and casual work environment - nice people. Excellent work like balance. Solid and stable company. Interesting to see all the negative reviews here - every company has it's challenges. Who do you know that works for the perfect company? The sad part is these reviews come from disgruntled sales people who sold themselves to the company on the fact that they had drive, determination and a solid work ethic. They expected orders to fall into their laps and were unwilling to put in the time and effort to create business. You can't make money on 30 calls a day and you can't get better when you don't care. Successful people here keep their heads down and don't care about being in the social groups and planning what's for lunch every day. They are here to work and make money for their families.

Cons

Not enough of any one thing to mention - again every company has it's challenges.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and you'll find good people who care and want to make money. They are out there just few and far between.

UNREALISTIC QUOTA! HIGH STRESS! LOW PAY!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Horsham, PA

I worked at LRP Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual attire. Flexible hours. Supportive mid to senior level sales colleagues who will understand you when you realize how poorly the department is run. Many sales reps come with undergraduate and graduate degrees with years of business, sales and life experience. Very little turnover in every other department but telesales. The Magazine department has sales but you never see turnover. They are happy and content in their position. Every other department in the Horsham, PA office seems to be managed with efficiency and a positive culture. If you choose this company make sure the department is not telesales in the Education and Federal Department.

Cons

For those considering the telesales/inside sales position with this company in Florida or Pennsylvania in Education or Federal sales please know that these negative reviews are not from disgruntled employees. They are from disappointed and disillusioned employees who were lied to in the interview process and sold a bill of goods. No one is looking for the perfect company. We are smart enough to know that perfect does not exist. It is interesting that it has been stated we were hired based on what we sold the company: "drive, determination, and a solid work ethic." Yet, we chose this company over other offers on what you "sold" us; a potential for a high income and good living for our families. If we are not what we say we are on paper and in 2 interviews then maybe your hiring team has failed you. Perhaps it is good and ethical companies that are few and far between. Turn over is great because the department insists on unreachable goals that only a small percentage achieve on a monthly basis due to disproportionately splitting the territory in Education sales. The Federal government has a cycle of spending that is not taken into consideration. So the sales people suffer with a commission plan that continues to drop each quarter. In Education sales you will have the same quota as the TWO reps in Pennsylvania with the most territory and the top 500 districts including your districts. We understand that hard work yields great reward. But at LRP you will soon learn that hard work yields little return and they play to their two favorites in Education sales in the Horsham, PA office. Once hired is when you see that the commission structure comprises pages of legalese that will continue to lower your commission percentage until the vast majority make 4%. It will be one of the most complicated commission structures you will ever read that will cater to the wallet of the owner. The kicker is he makes his money on the renewals of your sales. You will not see a dime. And if that is not greed enough; 96% of your initial sales in most cases will go to him. Management has the best jobs due to lack of accountability. Their teams continue to turn over without the root of the problem ever being addressed or fixed. And REALLY are we being judged for good camaraderie with our fellow colleagues when we dine together on our unpaid lunch hour?

Advice to Management

DO SOMETHING. Stop being on the internet or phones looking at dogs to rescue. We walk by your cubicles and see you online and your cell phone, The joke is the lowest paid people (sales) with the high quota and turn over has the least respect while the managers, trainers and sales administrative people shop online, look at rescue dogs, and spend their day talking about the latest television shows and the "drama" of their lives. I

Terrible Sales Department

Pros

Casual attire. Decent salary. Somewhat flexible hours. Friendly colleagues

Cons

Largest turn over I have ever seen in a so called respectable company. They offer a 40,000 base and tell you you can make 6 figures. Two people in Education Sales make that kind of money because they have the largest territories. Everyone else in that department have been fired. Federal Sales once had a sales rep making good money but also had the largest territory. When their territory was realigned they retired. The one and only person ever to retire. And after 18 years of service and hundreds of thousands in new and repeat business they gave her 18 roses and cupcakes! Ha! You will be fired within a year, quit or on a PIP repeatedly due to unrealistic sales goals. The owner will make his money on the renewals of your sales and does not care if he throws 40K at you only to fire you within a year. He will make his money on the residuals from your sales for the next 20 plus years. You will not be supported by your managers. They want to keep their cushy jobs. They sit in their cubes, stare at their computers, surf the internet or their smart phones. We in sales have witnessed it. Managers before them were fired for speaking their mind to the Sales Director or quit because of the culture and condition of this company. The insurance deductible is $2400. You have to bring your own K-cup for coffee or buy it from them. Be grateful for a $50 contest. You may not see that gift card for months! Outdated phones, computers, and company database. You will go backwards stepping back in time and will not advance your skills. RUN unless you want to live in a company at least a decade behind.

Advice to Management

Care about your team. Acknowledge the BS. Care more about your team then yourself. The manager in FL is clueless about managing a sales team. The Education manager in PA just nods and smiles. Fed sales manager you are on your swan song and cares only for yourself

Absolutely the worst job I've ever had. Do not apply here or believe any positive reviews.They were asked to submit them

Pros

The only pro to working here is that you get paid and offered a lousy medical plan.

Cons

NO job stability. Everyone is paranoid about getting fired and walks around like they're in a coma.Your computer, if you have internet access, is monitored. Management is done by non-skilled personnel. No room for advancement. A very menial job.The owner and his family don't care about staff or appreciate hard work and dedication. Not proud to say I was employed there.

Advice to Management

If you are a manager in any of the departments, get some training on proper management skills. Upper management, treat employees with respect and give positive feedback rather than constantly putting everyone down and treating them like 2nd class citizens.

RSS Feed </> Embed