LSG Sky Chefs

Be The First To
Add Photos

LSG Sky Chefs CEO Walter Gehl

Walter Gehl

they could be so much better

Manager (Former Employee)

Prosexciting challenging career opportunities, but long hours. Depending on position pay is good or fair. If you like the airlines industry then these are great jobs.

Consupper and mid management have issues when relating to employees. HR is there for the company not the employees. They could really excel and be a top company if they would get their systems under control, and revise their entire management style. There is little or no training for new hires. Prepare to spend a lot of time fire fighting. They tend to rotate CEO's often.. 3-5 year tenures.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. You have very taltented employees who are very loyal but you will loose you best if practices do not change

Not recommend

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are not bad.

ConsReally long hours and rude people. Hostile working environment. Like other people said the HR is for managers not for the employees. High turnover rate for both managers and employees.

Surprising for a global company...

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are great, people are hardworkers and have been around a long time. There is now more focus on treating people right and recognizing their contribution to the success of the company.

ConsDisorganized in the systems and training or lack thereof. Targets and goals calculations are designed to make whoever has to achieve it fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake those calculations and contracts with airlines make more sense.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So far so good

ProsOnly 5 day work week

ConsSometimes you have to work long hours shifts

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement style has change, get with the program

Beware!!! One of the worst experiences of my life.

Denver, CO

Pros-Somewhat challenging projects.
    -Close to home

Cons-The whole system is dysfunctional. People who are not educated (regular manufacturing staff) is treated terribly with no regard for their feelings.
    -People are never recognized unless you are a "teacher's pet".
    -Management believes they are better than everyone. No focus on developing the manufacturing staff, or for that matter any other folks even other managers.
    -Incredibly bad work-life balance. I remember I worked well over 16 hours everyday.
    -Absolutely no way to move up. If you want to learn more, you get shut down quickly.
    -Absolutely no company culture and no values/vision to align employees to. Just absolutely a mess.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people so terribly. Start organizing the business, and restructure it if you have to. You site management is somewhat sketchy and very unreliable. No wonder LSG is gonna go out of business soon.

Run away and don't waste your time there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you have no where else to work

ConsLong hours, low pay. Very unfriendly working environment and managers yelled and screamed at employees. Very high turnover rate. This company is always hiring because people are quitting all the time. Worst company that I ever worked for.

Worst job experience I have ever had

Lean Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosgetting experience that can relate to a future employer

Conseverything; the senior management has NO CLUE what they are doing and are driving the NY market into the ground; they don't care about you as a person; it is a thankless company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove just about everyone from the NY Market and put in people that have a personality, that can relate to their employees and who care if the business does well or not.

Challenging

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFair pay. Good benefits. World wide corporation. Interesting line of work. Ability to Granger to different fields of work

ConsLong summer hours. Little job security. Hardly any promotion after supervisor. Little training.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your people.

overall a decent company to work at, if you are located at headquarters!

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Prosthe benefits are good, 401k match, bonus, average salary, good honest coworkers, flexible hours and a global company if you want to relocate.

Consbad Sr. management decision making, owned by a forieng mother company, cash strapped industry, at the unit level total caos, unskilled labor

Stable Position - Lot of Stress

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsPay is good, health insurance is good, hourly employees are good. Union is week. GM is great!

ConsCompany is not structured well for as many years as they have been in business. I.T. department SUCKS!!!!!!! Technology is dated, running Windows XP and other systems are bad. Upper management outside of PDX is really pretty bad treating people bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are happy where you work don't come here for a few dollars more.

Worked for LSG Sky Chefs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LSG Sky Chefs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LSG Sky Chefs CEO Walter Gehl. All 49 reviews posted anonymously by LSG Sky Chefs employees.