LSI

LSI Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

LSI President and CEO of Avago Technologies Hock E. Tan

Hock E. Tan

Pros
  • Work life balance is really very good and good compensation(in 64 reviews)

• Work environment is pretty good, not much pressure either(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is talked about, but never really something that existed(in 16 reviews)

• The company stock price is not attractive(in 16 reviews)

Was great until it got bought out by Avago Technologies.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGood legacy LSI people (other than the ones in management, new upper management is terrible)

Cons- New CEO is a power freak and tries to monitor and control every little thing in the company, himself. Even managers seem to be scared of taking initiatives.
    - The new corporate management is hostile and threatening t.
    - Live and work with the fear of being laid-off any day.
    - No free snacks or coffee anymore, a very rare phenomenon for a tech company.
    - The company (new CEO mostly) now considers itself a Singapore company, not an USA company. Tries to force Singaporean work culture on American employees.
    - Company mindset has now changed to save money to show investors that they are making profits. This translates directly into NO R&D funding. So no real technological growth anymore.
    - In reality company is now very stagnant without any innovations, profitable (on papers) only due to the new aggressive cost-cutting measures.
    - No bonus or perks anymore. Be happy that they pay for health insurance (partially).

Advice to Senior ManagementConvince your boss, the new CEO, to invest some money and confidence into the employees.

Sinking ship after aquisition

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsUsed to be technology and work life balance. Neither exists or will exist.

ConsNew CEO is a bean counter, who runs the company by micromanaging and intimidation. The entire work force is demoralized and upset.

Advice to Senior ManagementDust off your resumes and find new jobs.

validation engineer

Hardware Validation Engineer II (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCompensation is good and benefits are good

Conslayoff frequently, not safe place to work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avago/LSI/Agere Allentown PA, a Sinking Ship

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsUnder LSI, interesting work, good pay, flexible work hours, and good benefits.

ConsOver 10 years of layoffs. Don't expect the division in Allentown to be around for a long time. I would definitely think twice before accepting a position here.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Avago - replace top management in Allentown. Find some talent which can grow the business. Otherwise, just close the doors in Allentown.

Sleepy. Do not work for a remote office!

Principal Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsMust say my fellow engineers and managers were nice.

ConsNo direction at all. You must be a self starter, and i would encourage you to work in Milpitas before going to any remote office.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime for new blood! Some of you have been there over 30 years.

A good place to start career

ProsThere are a lot of opportunities to learn, You will be given a lot of responsibility, irrespective of seniority levels

ConsVery frequent changes in the org structure, Unpredictable on the outcomes of the org changes

It is a great place to work. family friendly.

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Allentown, PA

Proswork-life balance is very good. very flexible schedules. time-off policies are also very good.

Consyou are constantly on the verge of layoffs and fear of losing job. constant reorganizations and moving of work to overseas.

Goodbye old LSI

Serf (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood pay and benefits, but that may be changing with the acquisition. The coffee is still free. Challenging work in the area I was in.

ConsLayoffs, Layoffs, Layoffs. Google 'layoffs LSI', and see what you find. Bottom line focus. The upcoming acquisition may change things radically.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking about being innovative. Innovation requires taking risks. Bottom line accountant-run companies do not take risks, do not innovate, they just milk the existing products for all they're worth.

Has talent, needs direction

ProsMultiple good business areas allowing potential technical challenges to tackle. Maintained technical teams through ups-and-downs.

ConsSenior management has no idea about the talent in the company, and does not seem to want to know or care. Surprised that it fashions itself as technology innovator when management is focused on get-the-work-done rather than get-the-work-done-correctly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTechnology innovation is not a buzz word from few chosen ones, but comes from the rest the of the talent. Invest in them and reap rewards. Management cannot recognize non-customer facing technical challenges, but cares only the customer facing interaction--strange for a management of a technology company.

Working on bleeding edge technology with great engineers

ASIC Engineer (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

Pros1. Experienced, yet down to earth engineers.
    2. Great atmosphere to learn.
    3. Good work life balance.

Cons1. Confused management.
    2. Wavering top level decisions.
    3. No innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for LSI? Contribute to the Community!