LSO Reviews

Reset
2.2
Rick Jones
1 Rating

1. Excellent small company in the small parcel industry, which allowed me to gain a tremendous amount of knowledge.

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at LSO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a small organization that allows you to learn many different aspects of the organization from all levels.

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility.

2. Expect too much from employees

Former Employee - FT Courier in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - FT Courier in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LSO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Out on the road by yourself

Cons

Long days management doesn't care work life balance is tough

Advice to Management

Pay more Lso doesnt pay enough compared to other courier services

3. Lead courier

I have been working at LSO

Pros

This is the worst company to work for I wouldn't recommend anyone here management sucks so glad I'm away from there

Cons

They expect you to work like dogs and don't give raises

Advice to Management

Upper management is the worse they are so unprofessional and clueless

This company is not likely to last and treats employees terribly.

Current Employee - Courier
    Current Employee - Courier

I have been working at LSO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are good health benefits. There used to be great bonuses for employees who worked there for a long time and worked diligently.

Cons

The amount of work done is not worth the pay. This company has been bought and sold several times over the past decade with worse owners each time. I worked there for well over a decade and was topped out at $12.25/ Hr. The great bonuses they used to have made the job much more tolerable. Many of those bonuses have disappeared in favor of a small increase to the top-out pay of couriers.

Most drivers are highly encouraged/forced to work 12 hours of the day, out of 14 hours. This means that LSO expects you to take at least a 2 hour lunch break.

Btw...I was required to not clock in at my scheduled route time when, occasionally, my company had no vehicle for me to go out on my route. I would always show up on time for my shift and would not always be able to clock in.

A courier at LSO is a job as a stepping stone to something else. Many of the couriers I know with over 10 years experience at LSO have moved on to greener pastures, including me.

Advice to Management

I know you can afford to pay your drivers more. I know this because you give most drivers the opportunity to work 60 hours per week. If you paid your couriers enough per hour, then you would not give away so much overtime. Your new bonus structure is terrible for long-time employees. Your turnover rate will not go down until you treat your employees better.

Never in my 20 years in the workforce have I EVER met a more disfunctional group of so-called managerial staff.

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at LSO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Few benefits like health and dental insurance

Cons

Almost zero direction from managers, when you do get to speak with a manager, he is extremely irritated with you, he NEVER actually helps you or the station with problems, the latest response has been "it's your problem - I'm going on vacation on Monday!" There are ALWAYS technological issues from scanners not working to the office Internet being down. Extremely high turnover and no room for advancement - which must be purposeful because the sorry excuses for managers don't want anyone to know what they actually do. What happened to the leaders of the company caring and putting forth help especially when you're a person down? There is a huge disconnect between the CEO & the everyday workers. Drivers are expected to drive over 12 hours a day (which is illegal) and put down the extra hours on another time card so the managers don't get caught. A driver could be forced to work from 4AM to 7PM without a break all day long!! What will management say when a driver is in a horrible accident due to exhaustion?? They SAY you can take a break any time you want, but you better deliver/pick up all your 100s of packages (and not exaggerating on the number - literally 100s of packages). Can't wait to find a new job. Don't take this one!!

Advice to Management

Hire a new CEO & new managers across the board. A company wide culture needs to be changed.

7. Wondering everyday if I will have a job the next day.

I have been working at LSO full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There really are no pros other than health insurance.

Cons

Management always looking for any excuse to fire someone. Once raises reinstated put insumountable roadboocks to limit the amount. Almost daily scanner problems. Shows no respect for employees. Takes away profit sharing and other incentives on a whim. Low morale company wide.

Advice to Management

Stop threating jobs, address technology issues and give incentive instead of removing it. Replace CEO.

8. Great company that cares about its employees

I have been working at LSO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Accommodating with vacation/leave time
    Good pay
    Room for promotion
    Executive management is positive and personal with its employees (no feelings of being the little employee no one notices)
    Lots of programs/ incentives put in place for employees

Cons

No beards or visible tattoos, even for non-customer facing employees. The dress code could be a little looser for non-customer facing employees. Casual dress only on Fridays.

Advice to Management

Not much advice to give to management personally. Never had much of an issue with them. They seem to really care about their employees.

9. No help

I have been working at LSO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great insurance and good benefits like 401K, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, etc. More hours.

Cons

1) Station is in bad shape - old building that smells and leaks after it rains, rat poop droppings on carpet, office is too small and far from the entrance, some concrete has shifted in the hallway floor under carpet, and no cover for the trucks outside when it rains.
    2) The pay is only $10/hr which is not enough for all the hard work even for a few cents raise after driving evaluation after 3-6 months.
    3) Split shift - most days you end up without a lunch break because of too many packages to deliver and you end up with working 12 hours or more (the law only allows you 12 hours in a day - but they tell you to add any minutes or hours over 12 to add to the next day).
    4) Long distance - those that do expansion route should not do afternoon shifts. You spend almost 300 miles of driving and you become fatigue... coming into the city to do the pickups - already exhausted. The law: driving more than 8 hours, should take a 30 minute break?
    5) Packages that have medicine(s) in it requires refrigeration - we do not have a refrigerator.
    6) Scanners - every other day has been a problem. Customers have been complaining that their signature is not going through. Software popups of errors that disrupts throughout the day...and getting started in the mornings has been delayed because of this.
    7) Need a GPS system to give more time management of finding difficult addresses.
    8) Writing every package numbers plus the weight and measurement is taking too long on most busy days...have to rush to get things wrapped up for the line haul. We live in an advance technology world - why can't things be just scanned and not use a writing pen?

Advice to Management

Even if customers come first, employees have needs that needs to be addressed first - positive attitude passes on down...what comes around goes around.

For a small company, I wouldn't recommend it.

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at LSO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For drivers, being away from the office everyday and quitting time!

Cons

No raises in the last 3 years! Hard work hours...usually split shifts. Get home late. Working area is stressful. Everyone seems to come to work on the in a bad mood and on the defensive. Do not expect to get any help. The warehouse is hot and dirty. No belts or rails to move freight, not even forklifts only pallet jacks. Front offices are messy and not enough offices for front employee's. Problems with scanners. Management knows what major problems are but nothing happens. Always threatening us about losing jobs.

Advice to Management

Need to find out why....Why we are not growing? What happened to teamwork? For a small group of employees per station why is turnover so high? What is really going on with our employees?
    Bring the technologies, station, offices up to par with current levels of today.

Lone Star Overnight is a place for growth that rewards its hard working employees

I have been working at LSO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and insurance, senior management has put several programs put in place specifically for drivers, customer service representatives and sales to earn money on top of paycheck (which has helped me personally), caring management team, good work environment.

Cons

strict dress code including no facial hair or visible tattoos regardless of whether or not you are in front of customers

RSS Feed </> Embed