LSO Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Rick Jones

CEO and VP need a new strategy for better employee relations

Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at LSO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee Benefits, Good employees to work with, much better building to work in, so far these are the only pros I can think of.

Cons

CEO and VP need to know what the employees are thinking and have better engagement with their Management group, workload and worklife balance needs be addressed from all positions.

Advice to Management

Advice this is hard to do when you do not feel like your advice mattered, both CEO and VP came from a much more established transportation and logistics company with all the bells and whistles, LSO does not have that type of technology and might want invest in more of that to help the Management teams in everyday tasks " PPH" , every company needs strong employees but if they do not feel like they are part of a team than they will be there just for a paycheck, the key is to listen to your staff as some of the best ideas come from your employees in which now they feel like they are part of the solution and not the problem, I was with LSO for almost 20 years as a DOM before I was fired for not taking a random drug test in the alloted time " did not do drugs!! Just was overloaded with work" I do not hold any animosity towards LSO as I really liked what I did as it was challenging me to be a better Manager each day and learned alot, but you have to remember who does the work and pay your employees what they deserve by position thus decreasing turnover, I was told by the VP to start listening to my employees and their concerns and it helped me in my last year there, maybe take the advice that I was given and implement that in your own self and you will see a change, there is a reason over the last 3 weeks that you have lost members of Management in one district,?? CEO needs to be more engaged with employees and management as he once was, which made him like able he forgot who choose him for the position at LSO " DOMs" at that time. Gary Gunter was a great leader not because of what he knew, but he cared for the employees and always gave back no matter what and he always was there for you if you had a question, and made Management part of the big decisions, remember LSO was founded on its employees and Management it was a fun place to work with some purks, now everything is all about the money but you can't make money unless you have employees that WANT to work for you. I Really miss the employees that I had and miss what I was doing, because the last year I was there was really about engagement with the workers and just getting to know them as a person and not so much as an employees. Change the culture and you will grow the bussiness.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Arlington, TX

I have been working at LSO (More than a year)

Pros

Working for this company has given me time to spend with my wife. I have wknds off, plus holidays and that is great. I get a chance to really relax from the hell I go through during the week.

Cons

The pay rate barely helps me make ends meet and the company vehicles have camera's in them to watch your every move. The good drivers and bad drivers are all the same to Management.

Advice to Management

I think that the company needs to have a mandatory meeting, once, every 6 months to give every employee updates on whats going to happen, and what is happening at the time. And let us give feedback to them in a respectful way. The meeting ,all together, would be about a positve change that will focus on keeping the people who are willing to do the best they can and replacing the people who could care less about their job.

Sales

Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

Pros

In every department there are some of the most dedicated, hard working, and helpful people.

Cons

The current sales strategy of expansion is a disaster. Couple that with outside gurus brought in that lack basic fundamentals of selling and it is on the way to become a Greek Tragedy. Morale has sharply dived. It's a shame but in the last year has turned in a new direction. It was never like this before. I'm glad I found another job and jumped ship. It's just not what it use to be.

Advice to Management

They didn't listen then so I doubt they would take any of this to heart.

5. Total Disconnect and Dysfunction

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at LSO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits for me and the family.

Cons

Total disconnect from Drivers/Managers/Executive Management and now bringing in contract drivers to just salvage the disconnect.

6. Not a legitimate place to work for sales

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at LSO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HR was very nice and helpful throughout the hiring process. No micro managing. Remote, Flexible schedule

Cons

Company is very greedy when it comes to compensation. Don't let the description steer you wrong. You will not be working on existing accounts. You will have to find your own clients through ice cold calls/canvassing. There is no sales position higher than the entry level sales account manager, so there is no room for advancement. The job itself is very unappealing. Selling mail services to a business. Most companies already use juggernauts like fedex and UPS.

Advice to Management

Every company needs a solid sales team. The training is a joke and the salary is even worse for what the position actually entails.

Expect too much from employees

Former Employee - FT Courier in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - FT Courier in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LSO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Out on the road by yourself

Cons

Long days management doesn't care work life balance is tough

Advice to Management

Pay more Lso doesnt pay enough compared to other courier services

Lead courier

Pros

This is the worst company to work for I wouldn't recommend anyone here management sucks so glad I'm away from there

Cons

They expect you to work like dogs and don't give raises

Advice to Management

Upper management is the worse they are so unprofessional and clueless

This company is not likely to last and treats employees terribly.

Current Employee - Courier
    Current Employee - Courier

I have been working at LSO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are good health benefits. There used to be great bonuses for employees who worked there for a long time and worked diligently.

Cons

The amount of work done is not worth the pay. This company has been bought and sold several times over the past decade with worse owners each time. I worked there for well over a decade and was topped out at $12.25/ Hr. The great bonuses they used to have made the job much more tolerable. Many of those bonuses have disappeared in favor of a small increase to the top-out pay of couriers. Most drivers are highly encouraged/forced to work 12 hours of the day, out of 14 hours. This means that LSO expects you to take at least a 2 hour lunch break. Btw...I was required to not clock in at my scheduled route time when, occasionally, my company had no vehicle for me to go out on my route. I would always show up on time for my shift and would not always be able to clock in. A courier at LSO is a job as a stepping stone to something else. Many of the couriers I know with over 10 years experience at LSO have moved on to greener pastures, including me.

Advice to Management

I know you can afford to pay your drivers more. I know this because you give most drivers the opportunity to work 60 hours per week. If you paid your couriers enough per hour, then you would not give away so much overtime. Your new bonus structure is terrible for long-time employees. Your turnover rate will not go down until you treat your employees better.

Never in my 20 years in the workforce have I EVER met a more disfunctional group of so-called managerial staff.

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at LSO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Few benefits like health and dental insurance

Cons

Almost zero direction from managers, when you do get to speak with a manager, he is extremely irritated with you, he NEVER actually helps you or the station with problems, the latest response has been "it's your problem - I'm going on vacation on Monday!" There are ALWAYS technological issues from scanners not working to the office Internet being down. Extremely high turnover and no room for advancement - which must be purposeful because the sorry excuses for managers don't want anyone to know what they actually do. What happened to the leaders of the company caring and putting forth help especially when you're a person down? There is a huge disconnect between the CEO & the everyday workers. Drivers are expected to drive over 12 hours a day (which is illegal) and put down the extra hours on another time card so the managers don't get caught. A driver could be forced to work from 4AM to 7PM without a break all day long!! What will management say when a driver is in a horrible accident due to exhaustion?? They SAY you can take a break any time you want, but you better deliver/pick up all your 100s of packages (and not exaggerating on the number - literally 100s of packages). Can't wait to find a new job. Don't take this one!!

Advice to Management

Hire a new CEO & new managers across the board. A company wide culture needs to be changed.

11. Wondering everyday if I will have a job the next day.

I have been working at LSO full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There really are no pros other than health insurance.

Cons

Management always looking for any excuse to fire someone. Once raises reinstated put insumountable roadboocks to limit the amount. Almost daily scanner problems. Shows no respect for employees. Takes away profit sharing and other incentives on a whim. Low morale company wide.

Advice to Management

Stop threating jobs, address technology issues and give incentive instead of removing it. Replace CEO.

RSS Feed </> Embed