LSUHSC

LSUHSC Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stable employment with great benefits

Coordinator of Academic Area (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsWorking in the medical and educational industries allows for employment stability. The benefits offered are great in comparison to other large corporations. We are given the holidays off and the paid leave program allows for personal and sick time without infringing on your pay.

ConsThe starting salaries are low for most qualified applicants. The hiring process can take some time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe red tape can be exhausting and time consuming. Although necessary at times, there has to be a more efficient way to handle certain business forums.

Professional environment overall, but lack of support from State "powers that be".

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsProfessional work environment, meaningful healthcare/education mission that impacts citizens of the state and nation; good employee benefits; large group of quality employees in workplace

ConsState budget constraints and lack of consistent salary increases were difficult; lack of clearly communicated mission and vision from senior management; schools operated fairly independently with little sense of one LSUHSC

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communicate the mission and vision from the top down; Brand really suffers and needs help - local community constantly confuses the health sciences center and former charity hospital.

Challenging, productive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working in a hospital and educational environment.

ConsHave employees that are very apathetic towards their jobs. Just do not care.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too many chiefs who do NOT listen

Support Analyst (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsHad been a civil service job. Friendly employees. Good recovery from Katrina in 2005, although the landmark hospital, Charity, never reopened

ConsNo longer civil service, has been privatized. Management did not listen to underlings. They always "knew better" or did not need the feedback or information. Change was very slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They are the ones on the battlefront, which is often ignored, especially in planning stages.

Great Benefits, Enjoyable atmosphere

Research Associate II (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsBenefits can not be beat. The atmosphere is enjoyable. Great job to balance family and work.

ConsAppears to be a lot of down time between case studies. Not enough of a challenging role. There is not any growth within the position.

Unusual

ProsDistance, location, reputation, knowledge, parking

ConsLearning curve, expectations, training, support, assistantance

Advice to Senior ManagementSee cons.

I learned a lot but there is not room for advancement unless you kiss up to the managers.

Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) Shreveport, LA

ProsBenefits, and you get all the holidays off

ConsWe havent gotten a raise for the past 3 years and not getting one no time soon

teaching assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery confortable workplace, low pace, great pay, work life balance

ConsThere is no much room to personal growth. It is not the place if you are high driven and want to learn more.

Slow moving no raises still uses typewriters

Coordinator (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

Prosgreat vacation and excellent benefits closes during holidays lots of highly regarded professionals

Consupper management if very controlling and progress is very slow

Advice to Senior Managementlisten

Good

Research Assistant (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsGood and cool place to work

ConsLimited oppertunity with collaboration, natural calamities

Advice to Senior ManagementMake easy processing

Worked for LSUHSC? Contribute to the Community!