LTD Commodities

Great seasonal job

Former Employee - Customer Service Credit Collections in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Credit Collections in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at LTD Commodities full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is quiet and hard working yet very easy going and for the most part stress free. The training is the best I have ever experienced. The job itself is a lot easier than it first appears stay with it. The perks include lots of free snacks and even though you are a temp and a grunt you are treated with respect and as an adult. Supervisors are professional and helpful.

Cons

Some of the web pages and programs could be more user friendly. There is not a lot of work to do, even when it got busy it was not overwhelming.

Hire more male employees. Explain at the start of training that the job is really not complicated.

Good starting point

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Bannockburn, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Bannockburn, IL

I have been working at LTD Commodities full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-chance to gain experience- don't require a lot of experience to be hired
    -promote from within

Cons

-poor compensation & benefits
    -low employee morale

customer service rep

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Joliet, IL
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Joliet, IL

I worked at LTD Commodities as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

great paid training, casual environment

Cons

seasonal position didnt feel like part of the team

na

The worst company in the world

I worked at LTD Commodities full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Medical insurance after two months, set hours, twelve days of Christmas treats, most of the time we received generous bonuses from this company and at times the bonuses weren't even worth printing up on paper because the amount of the bonus was so low

Cons

no one looked out for their fellow co-worker, rules were changed quite often and never written down on paper as well as not everyone receiving updated procedures (only given on an as to need know basis), favoritism where certain people were consistently picked for projects while the rest of the department had to sit there and clean up the problems of the orders these employees on the projects refused to clean up.

Clean up your act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mediocre

I have been working at LTD Commodities

Pros

Free food on Christmas

Cons

Terrible benefits, low pay, bonus is a joke, zero opportunities, weak incompetent management stuck in hierarchy, lack of vision, lots of waste - a very strange environment

Try to evolve and learn the true meaning of good leadership and apply it otherwise the very few left who do all the work will leave.

Seasonal opportunity with lots of potential

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Bannockburn, IL
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Bannockburn, IL

I worked at LTD Commodities as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They hire a lot of their staff on seasonally, but there are lots of opportunities to be converted to a permanent full time employee.

Cons

You have to work the second shift and weekends as well as many holidays and they do not always schedule you for 40 hours. A lot of the time you work less than what you were hired for.

This place is a joke.

Current Employee - Call Center in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Call Center in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at LTD Commodities part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its a job? That's about it.

Cons

The hours are not steady, haven't been after the training classes. They change your shifts and hours on a regular basis, weekly. Why? What is the point of that? We have families. Next the parking lot at this place is horrible. Its long and narrow. The higher ups get the best spots, close to the front. And if ypur seen parked closer they'll ask you to move, seen it happen. They monitor almost every phone call. Its like these managers and leads have no work other than listening to our phone calls. Its pathetic. Its like a bunch of 6 year olds are running this company. They don't treat you well. The don't make you feel comfortable.

Give your employees some respect. Give them regular schedules. Have the leads and managers work on something rather than sit there and listen to peoples calls all day. That's not work. The turnover at this place is horrible. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Poor leadership in a draconian corporate environment.

Former Employee - Supervisor (Won't Name Department) in Bannockburn, IL
    Former Employee - Supervisor (Won't Name Department) in Bannockburn, IL

I worked at LTD Commodities full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits.
    Other than the benefits, there is nothing redeeming about this organization. During my tenure there I was stressed and unhappy almost the entire time. Do not take a job with this organization. I do not leave negative reviews anywhere, but I have taken my time to warn you about this organization. Please heed.

Cons

Poor leadership: Leadership is unavailable, micromanaging, closed door, ill fit (chosen based on how cheap they come), provide little or no training or guidance.

Draconian environment: HR is used as a threat to leadership attempting to make positive changes, and rocking of the proverbial boat is frowned upon further enhancing the conform or be fired mentality, new ideas are not welcomed, leadership believes that they can keep employees happy by throwing parties and giving away cheap merchandise, leadership is required by their seniors to push people into roles they are not suited for and force conformity or manage the person out of the company if they are unable to conform.

Poor pay: The company offers the lowest pay they can for every role resulting in the lowest quality employee. New employees are so quickly overwhelmed by the poor, draconian leadership that they either quit or conform. This results in an untalented or unmotivated workforce.

I cannot stress enough the poor environment this company breeds. If you do take a job with LTD Commodities, remember this post. You will come back here and realize that I told you so.

If this isn't enough to convince you, this company is basically a Skymall for people who aren't flying. They sell cheap Chinese made crap for low prices. Their internet business is almost non-existent, meaning that their business model will not be successful once their old clientele die out or move on to better products for the same price; i.e. Amazon.com.

Please research their website, and if brought in for an interview, see if you can get some honest feedback from current employees. Ask them if, aside from the cute break-rooms and parties, there is anything they can say positively about their job.

Quit, sell the company, burn it down and collect the insurance money, tell potential employees the truth about the culture, drive your cars off the road. Any of the above.

Treat people like dirt

Former Employee - Loader in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Loader in Aurora, IL

I worked at LTD Commodities part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Predictable work that will challenge you physically and provide good exercise, comfortable temperature, relatively consistent hours.

Cons

The upper management treats people as expendable. I ended up getting fired on the last day of a 3 month period for allegedly being a minute late, so they wouldn't have to provide full-time benefits. They do some weird stuff with the points system there. This after a supervisor who wanted the line run a very specific way even if that made it less efficient.

There are quite a few illegal immigrants working here, which management tries to hide by firing U.S. citizens like myself (they probably didn't think I was one originally). Basically they want to work you as hard as possible for little pay as possible and then get rid of you before the 3 month period ends.

Need new line managers and to follow U.S. law on immigration.

Very old school with top down management

Former Employee - IT Development in Bannockburn, IL
    Former Employee - IT Development in Bannockburn, IL

I worked at LTD Commodities full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent benifits. Base salary comparable with market. Some good hearted people like any other company.

Cons

Micro management! Managers sit behind closed doors. Lack to training and proper onboarding. coworkers generally dissatisfied. Low morale. Office layout is too old school with high walls and feels like a rats maze. Poor conference room setup. Does not inspire you to put in your best effort.

Need to evolve your prcatices or loose talent.