LVI Boston Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
3.6

CEO

Great experience, a ton of business lessons and opportunities with LVI

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Braintree, MA

I worked at LVI Boston full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned so much in the year and a half I worked there and made so many great relationships and friends. Being both inside and outside the office, it was a close group of adults who knew when to buckle down and close some apps. There is room for growth within the company which brings out the best work ethic and attitude in people, including myself. The training program for LVI was incredible in which they allow you to go out with current employees, with experience. You get shown the right way to go about this work and some things that might not work. Overall my experience was incredible and wouldn't change that year and a half for anything!

Cons

Sometimes the territories are a bit far and you need to put a ton of hours in, but what good business doesn't have a few cons. Being successful in this business depends a lot on relationships, so crew night and team night take up some times after work, but a blast none the less.

Keep up the great work and motivation. The office culture is top notch, with the employees personal commitment to quality is obvious in everything they do.

Great opportunity that helped propel me to hit my goals in life and business

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at LVI Boston full-time for less than a year

Pros

Before starting at LVI in the Summer of 2013 I had been out of school for 2 years, bounced around working from bar to bar and really had no idea as to what I was looking for career-wise. However, after the coaching and training I received from everyone there, I was able to use the skills I developed to start own software development company this past spring. This would have not been possible without the concentration on goal setting, revenue generation, and focus on bettering my interpersonal relationships both with my co-workers and customers. Promotion within the company to management is available to those who desire it and put in the necessary effort, but there is lots to be learned from the team at LVI even if your goals lie elsewhere.

Cons

Although my goals did end up lying elsewhere, if diving head first into an opportunity that can change the course of your life and being committed to the time it takes to do so, it's not really a con, it's just what it takes to be successful.

Hardest thing I've ever done but I did learn the most

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Braintree, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Braintree, MA

I have been working at LVI Boston full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned more in one month here than I did in 4 years of school. I had a lot of fun both inside and outside the office. Got promoted 2 weeks after starting

Cons

The hours are long and the work is hard. It takes a strong willed person to push through the rough to get to the green.

Push the pace. Figure out who is willing to work and who is not. If you're lazy and not willing to work hard this job is a waste of time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience. Tons of learning/coaching.

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Entrepreneur  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Entrepreneur in Boston, MA

I worked at LVI Boston full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment, everyone there is more than willing to go out of their way for you to help you hit your goals. The training was comprehensive and they walked me through step by step what I needed to do in order to be successful. I later found a job in my field of study from college but I still used what I learned there about relationships and talking to people on a day to day basis. Thumbs up!

Cons

Merit based business was an exciting challenge that definitely pushed me outside of my comfort zone, not something you would expect from a typical 9-5.

Experience real opportunity, real life & business lessons.

I have been working at LVI Boston

Pros

I love the fact that you're worth the work and time you out in. A aspect of life I think many have forgotten and has been lost in the work world. Where most are told what their position is worth and should be paid, someone has the opportunity to create their own pay check with simple hard work ethic and a great attitude here. Commission based can scare most who aren't willing to work hard enough, I think it teaches a lot of great life lesson. The environment here drives friendship, support, and healthy competition. Those looking to grow and develop push each other, follow through and you'll grow. Everyone can succeed where most other companies you'll wait in line. Though hard work is sometimes tough to work through, this job has truly taught me that it's worth it, I won't be able to ever go back to anything salary job.

Cons

If you could call it a con....not being where you want to be, only because you are where you deserve to be based off your own actions.

Continue to drive and push the leaders to succeed individually. Find their passions and motivate with that.

HORRIBLE COMPANY - LIKE VECTOR

Former Employee - Sheep  in  Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Sheep in Braintree, MA

I worked at LVI Boston full-time for less than a year

Pros

NONE, besides everyone having a huge smile while they're lying to your face

Cons

The job is a huge scam. Door to door selling office supplies to people who hate to see you show up. You have to use your own car, drive 30-60 minutes to your "territory", drive around all day to every business in town numerous times over and over again, no gas compensation, HAVE to use data on your smartphone in order to do anything relating to this job, no compensation for that, you have to wear business attire in the scorching hot summer, freezing snowy winter, and everything in between, working from 7AM to 7PM (literally) and being worked to the bone for MINIMUM WAGE. They get people who don't have college degrees and give them a sense of importance, telling them they'll be entrepreneurs. Lies. I can't say enough about how horrible this place is. Yeah, it has a fun environment when you're in the office, and everyone is really nice and friendly, but they're all master manipulators and are LIARS and you're only in the office for a couple hours out of your twelve hour work day. The five or six people who actually seem to have been working there for a year or two all live together (which is creepy), and their job is to train new hires. They hire in mass amounts because the job has such a high turnover rate, literally 30 people came and went while I was there. All the good reviews on here are from the admins, they sit in their office all day and write good reviews about themselves and scope out people to call for a "great job opportunity". Do yourself a favor and get a real job, like at McDonald's, where they understand it's ILLEGAL to force people to work more than 40 hours a week without compensating them for overtime (although they wouldn't even know that because nobody has time cards or anything at this place). DON'T FALL FOR IT, YOU ARE NOT AN ACCOUNT MANAGER OF ANYTHING, YOU'RE A FOOL WALKING AROUND ALL DAY DOOR TO DOOR SELLING SOMETHING FOR MINIMUM WAGE AS THESE PEOPLE TELL YOU YOU'RE AN ENTREPRENEUR. Even if you do get promoted (which I highly doubt would happen) your main job is to allow two strangers into your car and show them how to do what you do all day, every day. At all times, these people have two other people walking around with them teaching them how to do it because this job is a PYRAMID SCHEME.

Try taking your own advice and work using that integrity you're always talking about.

Amazing Learning Experience

I have been working at LVI Boston

Pros

Absolute best learning experience of my life! Way better than sitting in a class room, hands on real world experience while getting paid! Love making what I'm worth, endless room for growth and development. Would only recommend to highly motivated entrepreneurial minded applicants!

Cons

Not all applicants know what they are getting in to, little understanding and education of sales makes this job sound very difficult

SHADY SHADY

I worked at LVI Boston

Pros

The coworkers were amazing and I walked away with a lot of friends.

Cons

Long hours, which you don't get paid for all, low pay, no recognition, use your own vehicle and data on cell phones with little/no reimbursent. Head boss is never around always on" business" trips.

Take a business and management class.

Fun, Fast Paced, People Helping People Business

Current Employee - Trainer/Leader  in  Braintree, MA
    Current Employee - Trainer/Leader in Braintree, MA

I have been working at LVI Boston full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Merit based business, no being told what you're worth by an employer or you can't make more money if you work harder than the next guy
    -Fun, high energy environment, great at getting non-morning people up and ready each day
    -Have built some of the most long lasting and quality relationships of my life my last 16 months in the business
    -Knowing day to day that everyone is there to help me, just as I would do for them

Cons

Have worked 7 jobs over the last 10 years in a variety of industries and cannot think of a place I would rather be day to day than here.

The ability to grow both professionally and personally is of highest priority.

I have been working at LVI Boston

Pros

Great work environment with a younger and motivated team of people.

Cons

It's not a 9 to 5 job

Look beyond the business and gain business advice from people outside of the company.

LVI Boston Photos

LVI Boston

+ Add Photo

Worked for LVI Boston? Contribute to the Community!