LVI Boston

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014

3.5

CEO

Great Experience. Tons of learning/coaching.

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Entrepreneur  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Entrepreneur in Boston, MA

Pros

Excellent work environment, everyone there is more than willing to go out of their way for you to help you hit your goals. The training was comprehensive and they walked me through step by step what I needed to do in order to be successful. I later found a job in my field of study from college but I still used what I learned there about relationships and talking to people on a day to day basis. Thumbs up!

Cons

Merit based business was an exciting challenge that definitely pushed me outside of my comfort zone, not something you would expect from a typical 9-5.

Experience real opportunity, real life & business lessons.

Pros

I love the fact that you're worth the work and time you out in. A aspect of life I think many have forgotten and has been lost in the work world. Where most are told what their position is worth and should be paid, someone has the opportunity to create their own pay check with simple hard work ethic and a great attitude here. Commission based can scare most who aren't willing to work hard enough, I think it teaches a lot of great life lesson. The environment here drives friendship, support, and healthy competition. Those looking to grow and develop push each other, follow through and you'll grow. Everyone can succeed where most other companies you'll wait in line. Though hard work is sometimes tough to work through, this job has truly taught me that it's worth it, I won't be able to ever go back to anything salary job.

Cons

If you could call it a con....not being where you want to be, only because you are where you deserve to be based off your own actions.

Continue to drive and push the leaders to succeed individually. Find their passions and motivate with that.

Amazing Learning Experience

Pros

Absolute best learning experience of my life! Way better than sitting in a class room, hands on real world experience while getting paid! Love making what I'm worth, endless room for growth and development. Would only recommend to highly motivated entrepreneurial minded applicants!

Cons

Not all applicants know what they are getting in to, little understanding and education of sales makes this job sound very difficult

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HORRIBLE COMPANY - LIKE VECTOR

Former Employee - Sheep  in  Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Sheep in Braintree, MA

Pros

NONE, besides everyone having a huge smile while they're lying to your face

Cons

The job is a huge scam. Door to door selling office supplies to people who hate to see you show up. You have to use your own car, drive 30-60 minutes to your "territory", drive around all day to every business in town numerous times over and over again, no gas compensation, HAVE to use data on your smartphone in order to do anything relating to this job, no compensation for that, you have to wear business attire in the scorching hot summer, freezing snowy winter, and everything in between, working from 7AM to 7PM (literally) and being worked to the bone for MINIMUM WAGE. They get people who don't have college degrees and give them a sense of importance, telling them they'll be entrepreneurs. Lies. I can't say enough about how horrible this place is. Yeah, it has a fun environment when you're in the office, and everyone is really nice and friendly, but they're all master manipulators and are LIARS and you're only in the office for a couple hours out of your twelve hour work day. The five or six people who actually seem to have been working there for a year or two all live together (which is creepy), and their job is to train new hires. They hire in mass amounts because the job has such a high turnover rate, literally 30 people came and went while I was there. All the good reviews on here are from the admins, they sit in their office all day and write good reviews about themselves and scope out people to call for a "great job opportunity". Do yourself a favor and get a real job, like at McDonald's, where they understand it's ILLEGAL to force people to work more than 40 hours a week without compensating them for overtime (although they wouldn't even know that because nobody has time cards or anything at this place). DON'T FALL FOR IT, YOU ARE NOT AN ACCOUNT MANAGER OF ANYTHING, YOU'RE A FOOL WALKING AROUND ALL DAY DOOR TO DOOR SELLING SOMETHING FOR MINIMUM WAGE AS THESE PEOPLE TELL YOU YOU'RE AN ENTREPRENEUR. Even if you do get promoted (which I highly doubt would happen) your main job is to allow two strangers into your car and show them how to do what you do all day, every day. At all times, these people have two other people walking around with them teaching them how to do it because this job is a PYRAMID SCHEME.

Try taking your own advice and work using that integrity you're always talking about.

SHADY SHADY

Pros

The coworkers were amazing and I walked away with a lot of friends.

Cons

Long hours, which you don't get paid for all, low pay, no recognition, use your own vehicle and data on cell phones with little/no reimbursent. Head boss is never around always on" business" trips.

Take a business and management class.

Fun, Fast Paced, People Helping People Business

Current Employee - Trainer/Leader  in  Braintree, MA
    Current Employee - Trainer/Leader in Braintree, MA

Pros

-Merit based business, no being told what you're worth by an employer or you can't make more money if you work harder than the next guy
    -Fun, high energy environment, great at getting non-morning people up and ready each day
    -Have built some of the most long lasting and quality relationships of my life my last 16 months in the business
    -Knowing day to day that everyone is there to help me, just as I would do for them

Cons

Have worked 7 jobs over the last 10 years in a variety of industries and cannot think of a place I would rather be day to day than here.

The ability to grow both professionally and personally is of highest priority.

Pros

Great work environment with a younger and motivated team of people.

Cons

It's not a 9 to 5 job

Look beyond the business and gain business advice from people outside of the company.

Outside B2B sales position with a great opportunity if you stick it out longer than everyone else

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Braintree, MA

Pros

The environment was great. You will never have an environment that is more supportive than people who want you to succeed.

You also play games every morning in order to get the energy level up (great for non-morning people :))

Two ball....enough said

Cons

If performance-based salary is not for you, go somewhere else.... Unless you work hard at it and manage your finances.

If you have a car, you will be using it...a lot. Make sure it is well maintained. If it is a "gas-guzzler" trade it in now....no, seriously...do it.

Understand that associations with people in any environment are what shape your overall appearance, production, and goals. However, if these associations are forced, and there is no connection between the people in that relationship, it was bound to fail at the start.

There is a difference between "well, they didn't fit in" and "well, we didn't try to hang out with them"

Bonus incentives for contests (scavenger hunts, etc.) were fun. I wish there were more of them...they help motivation and morale

Although some may struggle then survive, sometimes a team day will help them discover what they may have been doing wrong... you shouldn't have to earn a team day, even when you are not performing well. It's like saying, "on you're drowning? try swimming" when you might not have the best swim stroke

Don't Waste Your Time

Pros

There are absolutely no pros about this terrible excuse for a business.

Cons

They use an inefficient and outdated method of sales to hound businesses door to door without building any lasting relationships with the clients. There is no management training involved and pay is based on commission. No wonder they are constantly looking for employees. I don't see this business going far at all.

I suggest they look up what the term account manager actually means. Anyone with limited background in business can tell that these morons are effectively running a "call center." They teach you to memorize a script and tell you that this is a proven sales pitch that's worked in the past.

Pretty sure these reviews are management

Former Employee - Door to Door Salesman
    Former Employee - Door to Door Salesman

Pros

Something to do while looking for another Job. If you enjoy door to door sales go for it. This style of selling is way past it's prime. It's a good way to prevent having a gap in between jobs.

Actually gave me an idea to bypass the company and workout my own deal making 5 times the money without going to door to door.

Cons

It's a MLM with a office. Their whole approach to sales is a con. In fact it'll make you feel like a con. You can make way more money picking a product you want to sell filing for an incorporation and go at it alone. For 500 bucks and a phone anyone can do what they are doing. I feel stupid having even spent a month there.

Account Management and Marketing is not sales. Learn what job titles mean. This is a door to door sales job and should be advertised as such.

Worked for LVI Boston? Contribute to the Community!