LVI Services

2.3

Scott E. State
1 Rating

Supervisor

I worked at LVI Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good People to work with. Exciting job locations. Always new and interesting jobs.

Cons

Expect long hours and not getting payed for it. Vacation time is restricted at times.

transportion

Former Employee - When Needed in Shawnee, OK
    Former Employee - When Needed in Shawnee, OK

I worked at LVI Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I worked out of Shawnee, OK. This operation was run with a good sense of leadership

Cons

not as organized as it needs to be

need a stronger work force to complete the work at hand more effectively and in a timely manner

Has The Potential To Be A Great Employer

Former Employee - Branch Administrator in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Administrator in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I worked at LVI Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, if you receive them, my annual reviews were giving like clockwork without me asking about it. Earned bonuses

Cons

14 hour days, constant foul language, no real loyalty to employee's, leave you sensitivity at the door; thick skin is required, Positive Reinforcement is non-existent

You say there is an open door policy and having access to management is absolute, you should really consider opening the door for open communication. Listen to the people that are at the branch level actually performing the work. We know what we are talking about. Put a stop to the favoritism, nepotism and let the people in key positions make decisions on their own without being ridiculed or overturned by senior management. At the end of the day as long as I achieve the ever changing and sometimes impossible goals set by you go away and let us do our job. When micromanaging only sets up up for failure and stunts our growth., You'll get a better quality of work with Positive reinforcement instead of the constant criticizing which leave people feeling defeated.

It was a ok company to work for

Former Employee - Asbestos Worker in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Asbestos Worker in Albany, NY

I worked at LVI Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay rate was slightly higher than other simalar companys in the the same Trades

Cons

Unless you are in there union you really can not get all of the bennifits that you might be looking for

Big Company Managed by Children...

Former Employee - Business Developmeent in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Developmeent in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LVI Services

Pros

- Largest demo & abatement company in the U.S.
    - Subcontractor for some large and exciting projects
    - Some good people that work really hard - there is potential to add professional integrity to company size

Cons

LVI is a company that was started by some guys who do demolition and asbestos abatement work. They made some money and then bought some competitors. And then some more. Now they’re the biggest demo company in the country but no one ever took the time to merge technologies, processes or personnel roles from one office to another. The result is broken management and completely disjointed communication between offices. On big projects where multiple offices were involved, huge gaps led to equipment/materials not being availale for key projects and customers. Problem was even worse with Northstar, the company's disaster response division. We'd park a big RV at a high-profile disaster site following hurricanes or floods but nobody would be inside and no equipment was available. We’d rush to get MSA contracts signed with property owners but LVI then not have the equipment and men to service them – all show, no go. Addressing these problems to middle and senior management was a waste of time. They make no time to analyze business process or conduct post-mortem reviews. Very bad form and a bad position to be in as a BDM who actually cares about client service.

Get rid of the nepotism and favoritism at the highest levels. Clearly define what roles own which targets so that when local BDMs identify opportunities, senior sales members can’t show up and "help" with the opportunity only to take credit and the commission. This is NOT an incentive for your sales base. Also, take some time to evaluate the organization and appoint COO and IT leaders dedicated to putting a single CRM and project management system in place. Trying to send Xmas cards to clients shouldn’t have to be done through a sub-par DOS program or days spent pulling job binders to see how much each client spent that year. Such a system would offer management real-time visibility into material need and pipeline and your people would be more productive, more focused, and a lot happier! This is not an optional item for a company of this size.

If I had only known.........

I worked at LVI Services

Pros

If you would like to work for a national demoliition company.

Cons

Poor safety record, poor company culture, poor work environment for women.

Consistent planning and communication to all the branches with a sales centric strategy was missing entirely from your company. The control given at the branch level continues to be a breeding ground for favoritism, mismangement and exposure to risk.