LXE

www.lxe.com

LXE Reviews

3.2

Stephen Newell

Over all a good place to work and start a career

Current Employee - Customer Engineer
    Current Employee - Customer Engineer

I have been working at LXE

Pros

A smaller company where management allowed you to do your job without micromanagement. I also had easy access to Engineering to help quickly resolve technical issues with the product.

Cons

Bcause of the size of the company there is not a lot of opportunity to move up within the company.

Listen to your customers and focus on your core product.

Solid company.

I have been working at LXE full-time

Pros

Not sure we all understood how good we had it, many good people/customers/partners. Rare in the industry. Products fit a niche that we exploited.

Cons

Consistently undervalued and unchallenged work force, we could have done more had the board had the vision to put things in front of the organization to work toward.

Stay awake in board meetings....in your next endeavors be sure to understand the capabilities of the organization. Many missed opportunities from underdeveloped markets and lack of expansions.

A good company to work for with some typical issues that seem to exist at many companies.

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at LXE

Pros

Solid products with very solid reputation. Also, the service and support on products is top notch. The compensation and benefits package compare favorably with other companies in the industry. The other employees at LXE are very friendly and very cooperative. If you need to take a day off for personal reasons, the management team is generally accomodating. There are plenty of acreer opportunities at LXE including sales, technical support marketing and human resources. I have had more than one customer tell me that they have had very good experiences working with the LXe help desk. Overall, this is a good company within the AIDC industry.

Cons

The product line is somewhat limited. The senior management team from EMS Technologies (Parent company) do not appear to be in touch with the overall operation of LXE. They don't really seem to understand the LXE customer as well as they could. LXE could broaden their product offering to include more products on the mobile side of the business as well as upgrading some of their current offerings. The Marketing Department is working on better ways to get the LXE message out, but there is still work that needs to be done. LXE could also do a better job of self promotion by issuing press releases more frequently.

Get a better idea of how the LXE side of the business works.

Avoid this place if you are a woman or minority.

Former Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in Norcross, GA

I worked at LXE

Pros

Time off, mixture of technology exposure.

Cons

Politics, very low pay, treatment of women and minorities. Micro management needs to ease a bit.

Set clear expectations and communicate with your employees. Stop the injustice to women and minorities. The benefits are good but the market rate of pay you offer if far below par. Offer clear career paths for employees.

Expected experience in these difficult times

I have been working at LXE

Pros

Very flat organization structure. Easy to get your point accross, and you personally have some impact on day to day issues.

Cons

Lack of vision for the future seems to be pervasive. Most decisions are made in 90 day windows, with far reaching effects.

Stop trying to be another also ran in the industry. Embrace the differences between you and the competition and emphasize them in the marketplace.