LXR Luxury Resorts & Hotels

Add Photos

Stephen Ast

Food Beverage management

Food Beverage Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat management and look after their crew

ConsNot enough room to move up

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with staff

Ok Company, Great Benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe company had great benefits, and a good work/life balance

ConsSome of the managers tended to micro manage

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees to grow, not to just maintain their current position.

A terrible management

Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGood Learning experience, good communication between employees

ConsTerrible management at this particular hotel.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of hours but company guidelines and standards do not fit the property

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Captiva, FL

ProsGreat location and the resort stays pretty busy overall. Upper management and sales teams did a good job adjusting to the economy.

ConsLong days (overtime plus more) to a fault. Staffing from the local area was almost impossible and the resort was often understaffed. I don't know of many people working there who were not at the "end of their rope" with the place. Standards for the company were applied to all of the resorts and often did not work in real life.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money to upgrade the property! I know its hard but do it!

Luxury resort, high standards of professional conduct.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThe property is very beautiful. Since this property has no peer in the nearby area, it generally has the opportunity to hire the best available employees. My experience was positive; I enjoyed working with a team of highly motivated professionals who took pride in doing quality work.

ConsI observed that it was difficult to move from one department to another. I saw people do it, but only after a prolonged struggle and numerous delays. When layoffs happened, not only was there no effort to find a position in another department for the displaced worker, but we were told that it was against company policy to do that.

Advice to Senior ManagementCapitalize on what makes BRRC unique -- history, privacy, relaxed luxury. Crosstrain employees and take advantage of current employees' knowledge of the property.

Will LXR be able to maintain their status of 4 Diamonds if they don't change their strategic mindset?

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe quality of the remaining long time employees. The 4 diamond status.

ConsEven before the economic downturn, there were 2 years when no money has been spent on refurbishing the rooms of the resorts and that is causing guests to be dissatisfied and decreased morale amount employees. The guests are unhappy because their expectations of the LXR property aren't being met. The biggest problem with Senior Management is the bonus structure. Management gets their bonuses, but the properties and line employees pay the price.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep quality employees. Offer transfers to maintain the level of quality expected. Stop being so shorsighted.

no good

Bartender (Current Employee)

Prosnice view, good co-workers, pretty girls

ConsTrolly, hours, working outside in the heat

Advice to Senior Managementplease get a clue to what is going on

The company doesn't care

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked for the company for a very long time, They have beautiful hotels that some people want to comeback to visit

ConsThe company couldn't care less about the employees if it saves them some money. They don't listen to their employees at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should care about each employee and reward loyalty and dedication of the employees and the managers, and recognize outstanding performance

Worked for LXR Luxury Resorts & Hotels? Contribute to the Community!