La Bella Baskets

Updated February 18, 2015
Updated February 18, 2015
3.3

Janis Rodriguez and Mia Florides

La Bella is an excellent company to be involved with.

Current Employee - Gift Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Gift Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at La Bella Baskets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

La Bella has excellent training and support. I have never been with a company that tries to improve their business so that the consultants can find success. They have a very easy compensation plan and they don't put limits on you. There are no quotas to be made and you do not need to purchase product every month. You can work from home or offline and with the training provided if you work your business every day and treat it like a business you can find success. The low cost to run this business is amazing too for under the price of a pizza you have full website and business that really works for my family.

Cons

I cannot find any cons with this business.

Warm and fuzzy!

I have been working at La Bella Baskets

Pros

Very low costs to buy into the on-line franchise, and somewhat okay support from sponsors. Initillay it is fun, exciting, learning all the ins and outs. Having a female vision has been nice for a change.

Cons

Reality is you need some really good dollars for Marketing to get the numbers of hits to acquire sales.After learning curve I found that the support was more automated and repetitive! Alot of the time the recorded seminars, conferences on-line are too slow to getting to the point, full of "um's" and too much "girlie" terms. Not enough of zeroing into the issues at hand.

Make recorded calls a bit more professional,

Gift Basket Companies

I have been working at La Bella Baskets

Pros

Does anyone know of any other companies like La Bella, where you can be a consultant from home?

Cons

I'm not sure about this one, I would like to check out and compare other similar companies.

I agree with "Run from this Company"

I worked at La Bella Baskets

Pros

There are not any pros!!

Cons

I agree with "Run from this company". I also was a former consultant and it is impossible to sell on a regular basis, you cannot keep a team together because no one can afford paying $25 per month and not selling continuously!!! I had a team leader who did nothing to help me!! The owners lean more towards certain people all the time and I always felt very left out. Their prices also are VERY HIGH. All of my friends and family did not want to pay those high prices. They do NOT help you get started and help you keeping a team together.

It's a shame that you make some people feel comfortable and talk to them on facebook but others you just ignore. We were all paying you monthly and you took our money but did not treat everyone the same. Yes, Mia and and Janis - I am talking about BOTH of you - SHAME on both of you!!!

Run from this group!

I have been working at La Bella Baskets

Pros

NONE what so ever. This company is a farce! How they are still in business is beyond me.

Cons

Where do I even begin? The baskets are way overpriced, and they consider mass emails to be training. They are vague in their 'policies' and seem to think because it is their 'policy' makes it legal. They will gladly take your money but won't pay your commission unless you earn $25. Good luck trying to get your money. They are thieves and scammers and for the $24.95 they charge a month, they should have a website that is not so tacky and cheap looking. Why anyone would order an overpriced basket from them when they could order from Wine Country is beyond me.

CLOSE UP SHOP

Prices of these products are very very high!!!

Former Employee - Selling Expensive Baskets, Flowers, Etc
    Former Employee - Selling Expensive Baskets, Flowers, Etc

I worked at La Bella Baskets full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Girls are nice to talk with on facebook

Cons

Now they promote buying engraved articles, etc., you can go to your local shop and not have to pay as much as they charge and locally you don't have to pay for shipping!!!!!! All of my possible clients all said way too expensive. I gave out the 20% off flyers and possible customers said the prices are still way too high. Never sold anything but one item and that took one year to sell. BUT I had to put into the company the bare minimum which is $25 per month which totalled $300!!!! So how was this worth it??????

You have to lower your prices!!!! Giving flyers out for 20% is no bargain - prices are still way too high.

gift consultant-still with the company

Current Employee - Gift Director in New Braunfels, TX
    Current Employee - Gift Director in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Just hit one-year mark...Low monthly fee for the package of website development & upkeep,24/7 online training Paying$24.95 for all that they do is , in my opinion, a drop in the bucket compared to other work at home biz. Company mission is great, and they follow through. Not a get rich program , not by a long shot, but you do get paid a reasonable commison

Cons

I have NEVER spoken with my sponsor, And that makes me want to be better with my team members.frequently

I think the generic website could be updated, maybe have 2 or 3 standard choices for us to choose from, just like a haircut, not one type is appealing for all

Impressed with La Bella!

Current Employee - Senior Gift Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Gift Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The leadership and training is incredible! I've had a few questions and each time I've picked up the phone, I've had courteous and knowledgeable assistance. I am very impressed with the system, the training and the ease of signing up new consultants, ordering baskets and working with smiling faces1 This business is a fun business, not a rocket science and everyone buys and gives gifts so there is a need! It also offers great tax benefits and the financial investment is the lowest I have seen to start a profitable business. I've been in other businesses similar, but all of them include a personal investment in having products on hand and having parties and purchasing samples. I'm excited to be a part of this 4 year old company,.. Timing is great.. the company is 4 years new, so lots of room for growth and expansion!

Cons

The only challenge I have is that I can't stay away from my new business adventure! I love LaBella Baskets!

I'd like to see more shipping options in the ordering form showing the approximate date to expect delivery. Maybe a dropdown box for each basket showing the approximate timeline.

I adore this company

Current Employee - Gifting Consultant in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Gifting Consultant in Killeen, TX

I have been working at La Bella Baskets full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a consultant i have had nothing but a positive experiance with just about everyone my sponser is amazing the owners take time to write out handwritten letters with our incentives we give to single mothers and can use our baskets for other great things to bring smiles to faces and to people to warm hearts and grow relationships

Cons

It takes time alot of time to get where you want to be but thats not really a con

We need to grow beyond the us

Don't expect for a home business to grow overnight !!

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been with since May 2013, and here is my experience. I started looking for a home based business a couple of years ago when I grew sick and tired of working for other people. I was working for an incompetent guy at the time who thought himself a big "entrepreneur". After working for him for 6 years, where he almost drove his business into the ground TWICE, I decided I wanted to be my own boss.​

That, together with the fact I was living in a remote area - a small community in the Mojave desert, California - it really drove my desire to finding some great. There was a fair driving distance to the nearest city where the decent paid jobs were, so I found myself not only wanting, but really NEEDING a home based business.

So I started to look around, and it took me a while to eliminate the scams from the genuine opportunities, and then the businesses I would be interested in versus what I knew I would be good at.

I looked into being a virtual assistant, and online support for well known logistics companies. But living in a remote area, I just didn't have the internet speed needed, so they were eliminated from my list. Also eliminated were jobs where I would need to write - online reviews, blogging - I knew reading & writing reviews just weren't for me.

I did actually try the "get paid for watching ads". Basically you get paid for watching ads ranging between 3 and 30 seconds. But you get paid a portion of a penny at a time so it takes hours to build up even $5.

I tried the paid online surveys, but got two or three pages into doing them before I was told I did not meet the criteria to continue with the survey - so I never got paid anything even for all those questions I had conveniently answered!

I also tried the writing reviews for listening to new songs. Very enjoyable - and paid OK compared to the other two. But you have to be a creative writer (again, I'm not a fan of writing) and have the ear to appreciate everything that going on in the record - not just the vocals or the guitar - you have to be able to comment on it all.

Next I found another home based business selling "green" products with Melaleuca. I will not to say anything bad about the company, as I almost signed up with them. I liked their ethics, but I didn't like the idea of having to purchase around $60 worth of products every month myself. There is no way I could take advantage of all those items because I don't have a family - it's just me and my husband in our household. So I figured a big chunk of profits would be swallowed up each month unnecessarily. Nothing bad about the company - it just didn't suit my needs.

Then, thank goodness, I found La Bella Baskets. A very affordable business opportunity at just $24.95 per month, beautiful products that you can have complete confidence in selling, 5 ways to earn an income, no need to buy any inventory or kits yourself easy to do (marketing & promoting), excellent training & support and overall, very fun.

Of course having been through everything, I did my due diligence and still researched the company over several weeks by reading reviews and testimonials before I decided to go for it. I signed up in May 2013 and can tell you from my experience that I am so glad I did. It is not a get rich quick scheme. It takes time, patience, persistence and consistency, but the business module does really work.

I chose to concentrate on Team Leadership, and love sharing information about the business to others. It is a great pleasure to mentor my team and help them build their own businesses. My cheques are growing each month and I can't wait to see where I will be in a year's time.

Also, why wouldn't everyone have a home office - the tax breaks alone make it worthwhile.

Cons

Although the work is fun, it really does take time to build up your contacts and clients, so DON'T expect too much too soon, and DO be patient and consistent. I find it a huge shame when people give up after just 1 month! They haven't even given themselves time to go through the training!

Go Global !!!