La Bella Baskets

Updated Feb 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I adore this company

Gifting Consultant (Current Employee)
Killeen, TX

I have been working at La Bella Baskets full-time for less than a year

ProsAs a consultant i have had nothing but a positive experiance with just about everyone my sponser is amazing the owners take time to write out handwritten letters with our incentives we give to single mothers and can use our baskets for other great things to bring smiles to faces and to people to warm hearts and grow relationships

ConsIt takes time alot of time to get where you want to be but thats not really a con

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to grow beyond the us

Don't expect for a home business to grow overnight !!

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time for less than a year

ProsI have been with since May 2013, and here is my experience. I started looking for a home based business a couple of years ago when I grew sick and tired of working for other people. I was working for an incompetent guy at the time who thought himself a big "entrepreneur". After working for him for 6 years, where he almost drove his business into the ground TWICE, I decided I wanted to be my own boss.​

That, together with the fact I was living in a remote area - a small community in the Mojave desert, California - it really drove my desire to finding some great. There was a fair driving distance to the nearest city where the decent paid jobs were, so I found myself not only wanting, but really NEEDING a home based business.

So I started to look around, and it took me a while to eliminate the scams from the genuine opportunities, and then the businesses I would be interested in versus what I knew I would be good at.

I looked into being a virtual assistant, and online support for well known logistics companies. But living in a remote area, I just didn't have the internet speed needed, so they were eliminated from my list. Also eliminated were jobs where I would need to write - online reviews, blogging - I knew reading & writing reviews just weren't for me.

I did actually try the "get paid for watching ads". Basically you get paid for watching ads ranging between 3 and 30 seconds. But you get paid a portion of a penny at a time so it takes hours to build up even $5.

I tried the paid online surveys, but got two or three pages into doing them before I was told I did not meet the criteria to continue with the survey - so I never got paid anything even for all those questions I had conveniently answered!

I also tried the writing reviews for listening to new songs. Very enjoyable - and paid OK compared to the other two. But you have to be a creative writer (again, I'm not a fan of writing) and have the ear to appreciate everything that going on in the record - not just the vocals or the guitar - you have to be able to comment on it all.

Next I found another home based business selling "green" products with Melaleuca. I will not to say anything bad about the company, as I almost signed up with them. I liked their ethics, but I didn't like the idea of having to purchase around $60 worth of products every month myself. There is no way I could take advantage of all those items because I don't have a family - it's just me and my husband in our household. So I figured a big chunk of profits would be swallowed up each month unnecessarily. Nothing bad about the company - it just didn't suit my needs.

Then, thank goodness, I found La Bella Baskets. A very affordable business opportunity at just $24.95 per month, beautiful products that you can have complete confidence in selling, 5 ways to earn an income, no need to buy any inventory or kits yourself easy to do (marketing & promoting), excellent training & support and overall, very fun.

Of course having been through everything, I did my due diligence and still researched the company over several weeks by reading reviews and testimonials before I decided to go for it. I signed up in May 2013 and can tell you from my experience that I am so glad I did. It is not a get rich quick scheme. It takes time, patience, persistence and consistency, but the business module does really work.

I chose to concentrate on Team Leadership, and love sharing information about the business to others. It is a great pleasure to mentor my team and help them build their own businesses. My cheques are growing each month and I can't wait to see where I will be in a year's time.

Also, why wouldn't everyone have a home office - the tax breaks alone make it worthwhile.

ConsAlthough the work is fun, it really does take time to build up your contacts and clients, so DON'T expect too much too soon, and DO be patient and consistent. I find it a huge shame when people give up after just 1 month! They haven't even given themselves time to go through the training!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo Global !!!

They are complete scam artists, and in my own personal opinion, criminals.

I have been working at La Bella Baskets

ProsThey do have beautiful gifts, the fellow consultants are great to work with.

ConsWhere do I begin. Firstly, the beautiful gifts aren't even theirs, They don't "create the gifts" or "keep the inventory" as they state, they purchase them from a gift dropper, just like every other business out there. The baskets are even sold on Walmart.com. They claimed to donate 10% of the proceeds of the Pink Awareness Gift Baskets to the Susan G. Komen foundation, and even encouraged their consultants to send out emails with a template that stated as such. They do not in fact donate to the foundation, and upon speaking to a corporate relations manager at the foundation, they confirmed that La Bella Baskets is not affiliated with them in any way. They charge $24.95 monthly for "website maintenance", yet the catalog is boring and unchanging, the grammar is atrocious, and there isn't even anything on the shopping cart that indicates that it is a secure server...and they accept credit card information, so that is a red flag. They shouldn't be in business at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire.

Amazing gifting business!

Owner/Consultant (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time for less than a year

ProsLove everything about this company, being your own business owner working from home around caring for my grandkids is the best. Products area top notch and well made in the USA

ConsGetting paid twice a moth by snail mail could be better. Yet I do get paid!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

I'm really pleased with my decision to join the La Bella Baskets sales team!

Gift Basket Consultant, Sales Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time for more than a year

ProsThis company has a great mission, fabulous products, and good compensation for its sales team if you put in the effort. This is a work-at-home opportunity which is great for stay at home parents, college students, or those who just want to supplement their incomes and get out from under the thumbs of their bosses.

It is NOT a get rich quick scheme, like so many other work at home opportunities and you won't see flashy pictures of sports cars and bikini models around large swimming pools, which I believe is a testament to their honesty in their business practices.

I've been really happy in my time at La Bella Baskets and really pleased with the excellent training, support, website sales tracking and management system provided, and the camaraderie among the consultants and management, who seems to genuinely want you to succeed.

ConsThis is a independent contractor position, so you are your own boss. This can be a benefit or a detractor, depending on who you are and how much work you want to do. There are minimal costs for keeping your website active but I feel that they are reasonable and the system is great, so I have no complaints. Others may feel otherwise. Also, you get what you put into it. You must be willing to work hard to see the rewards, but the support is there and the materials are great. I did a lot of research before joining and can say that this is the best work at home opportunity I've found.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and positivity. It shows and is appreciated.

Worked for La Bella Baskets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at La Bella Baskets reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by La Bella Baskets employees.