La Costa Resort

Be The First To
Add Photos

April Shute

Customer Service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, fun people, nice environment, newly renovated, worked there before it was an Omni property, beautiful resort

Consfar distance to walk from employee parking lot to resort, old resort though it's renovated (back of the house not renovated), old AC and pipes etc, cold in the winter morning

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more opportunity for individual growth, didn't like to promote from within, would rather hire someone from the outside who already has experience, would be nice to renovate some of the back of the house

Pretty disappointed

Steward (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsHigh-class, nice resort on the outside. Looks good on your resume as far as hotels and hospitality/service go. Can make more money here than working the same job at most other companies.

ConsBS. Nice on the outside, sucky on the inside. that's what ALMOST EVERYONE says. They don't care about the employees, but they do try really hard to act like they do. It was disrespectful really. "this place is run by jews" (not literally jewish people) said my supervisor who had worked there for 25 years. Horrible management. Employees are incompetent

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest and give less bs to the employees.

Feel Like You're on Vacation While at Work

ProsSince Omni purchased in July 2013, the entire property as a whole has improved. Omni strongly believes in taking care of their employees, and treating them well.

ConsIf you are not upper management, pay is very low. Have not had a raise in the 3.5 years I have been here, but I have been told that will change within this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to get to know your staff. Keep creating a positive environment for them to be in. When an employee is happy, it shows in their work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful Vacation Like Job!

IT Manager (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsAlways a happy place to be like Disneyland without the rides. The people were wonderful, motivated, and very rewarding to give the best guest experience

ConsA lot of hours when teh resort was at capacity and a lot of renovation going on at the time which created more work than need be. Pay was not as competitive as I would have hoped.

Beautiful on the outside

Food/Beverage (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsIt has a beautiful setting in Southern California and the golf courses and pools are fantastic.

ConsUnion run, management not caring about quality of service. Ownership not investing money where it is desperately needed. Horribly dirty and unkept in the back of the house.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the union and do some housecleaning. Get a new elevator

Fancy place, tough work

FB Manager (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsBig property with a lot of amenities

ConsCompany under staffs and over works managers

Feels like you're on vacation but you're at work!

Membership Sales Manager (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsExcellent place to work, super friendly co-workers, great perks.

ConsSlow, outdated computers. Shabby behind the house areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a strategy for promoting from within and cross training in various areas.

Poor management

Esthetician (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsNice co workers beautiful scenary sometimes good tips

ConsManagers can be difficult seasonal lay offs difficult guests who complain alot
    turn over in management the bottom line is revenue

Advice to Senior Managementvalue the long term employees communication is important Management needs to know the problems what is going on!

Great

Concierge (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsI really like my job with the front office. no two days are alike and the girls you work with are super nice.

ConsIt can be political at times but just be professional and play your cards right. the atmosphere is hectic at time but overall the days go by fast because of it. you also deal with a lot of high maintenance guests, but that is just what the hospitality industry is like.

Advice to Senior Managementyou guys work really hard and keep it up!

La Costa Spa

Esthetician (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

Prosnice co workers nice scenery good money only when busy very seasonal

Consvery poor management very poor communication some managers are very mean and do not treat people very well at all. The guests complain alot and the management always takes the guests side and comps the guest. employees are written up alot.The guests know if they complain they will get free treatments. No one seems to care that the complaints get the employees in trouble.There is a lot of dishonesty. the employees are considered guilty until proven innocent.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on employees and have a positive work place. do not comp the guests and give free treatments when they complain. Treat people more human and not just focus on money.

Worked for La Costa Resort? Contribute to the Community!