La Fiesta Restaurant

CEO

Nice people to work for

Former Employee - Bartender  in  Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Bartender in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Good money and flexible schedule

Cons

Strict and you work way too hard

Let people have some lee way

Don't work here as a Dishwasher

Former Employee - Dishwasher  in  Erie, MI
    Former Employee - Dishwasher in Erie, MI

Pros

-Staff was Nice
    -They will Accommodate hours, so if you have school or something, they will work with you.
    -Free Drinks ONLY, Not food or anything else.

Cons

There are alot of downsides.

Lazy Co-Workers
    For starters. The 2 people I worked with, either texted all day long, or ate food all day long. This means their side would get backed up. I would get yelled at for this, even-though my side was all good. I would have to drop whatever I was doing to help them. While I would be doing their side, my side would get backed up. After I got done helping them, they would leave for break, leaving me to do the mountain of dishes on my side. After I got mostly caught up, they would come back and text or eat, thus making their side backed up again. So again, I would have to stop working on my side and help them. I was the one that came in later, so they got to leave early, and boy, did they leave early. Even-though they still had alot of dishes to do, they would break down their side, and add the dishes they didn't do, to my side and left. The place closes at 11PM, but I would have to stay their until 2am. After doing the dishes, I would have to break down my side, sweep and mop the place, and then I could leave.

Extra Work.
    Each day had a Dishwasher duty, which meant extra work, but most of these couldn't be done, because work was steady. I don't know why the day crew couldn't do these, since the place is dead until 5pm. Regardless, each day we would have to clean something extra, like the trash can (which was terrible smelling), clean the vents over the stove, clean the shelves, and clean the drains. This work wasn't quick either and easily took an hour and a half to do.

Breaks
    They are only about 10 minutes, but I guess nobody cared since most people took half an hour breaks.

Dumb Rules
    Before I was laid off, there seemed to be a plethora (alot) of dumb new rules, due to the other lazy dishwashers. One of the new rules was nobody could help the dishwashers. This was in thanks to the other dishwashers talking alot. So when the Dishwashers were behind and the staff had nothing to do, all they could do was watch us fall even more behind. If someone did help, they would get written up and have some money taken out of their paycheck.

Wages
    When I joined the crew I was 18. In the 1st few months, you get "Training" pay, which is bull, since they more or less told me to figure it out. Sure I had the other dishwasher, but they generally weren't that much help. After the training pay, I was suppose to get minimum wage, but I didn't. For months I was being paid below that, because they thought I put 15 instead of 18, likely story, since my 8s and 5s look nothing alike. People under the age of 16 I believe, get paid below minimum wage. I had no idea, until one of the co-workers looked at my check, and said there had to be a mistake. I told the manager this, and he gave me back pay. Then next week when I was suppose to get a normal paycheck, but I was laid off "randomly" even though I was the only one who did work there.

They should manage the kitchen area more, rather than staying in their offices or talking to the waitress. When the dishwasher were backed up, it would have been nice if other staff members could help. Atleast on holidays and the weekend. Plus they knew said person texted all day, but they did nothing about it.

Worked for La Fiesta Restaurant? Contribute to the Community!