La Fosse Associates

Be The First To
Add Photos

Simon La Fosse

Busy

Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsInspiring Leadership, but not middle management

ConsNo Training or development plans

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce a Training Scheme

Good but not great

Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosfast growing business
    dynamic sales force
    backed by a well known and well respected individual

Consstructure of business is heavy on the outward facing, lead generation, job flow activity
    not enough consultants placing the opportunities that are coming in to the business
    too many graduates being hired as resourcers for roles instead of existing industry experts

Advice to Senior Managementhire more senior level experienced players within a technical recruitment field, instead of just pushing people through at a junior level. A danger is creating a production line of individuals who are all trained the same way, with the same thought, same strengths but equally the same weaknesses

Setting ourselves apart from the rest. Working together as a team so we all achieve success.

ProsIn the recruitment industry it is very competitive in the past companies I have worked for this has meant that internal competition has gone beyond healthy and has been detrimental to the business. We have internal incentives to have a bit of fun however generally we all work together and there is no us/them culture between offices. We are very well rewarded and looked after. The directors have a strong vision and the employees share it there's a real sense that we're all wanting to head in the same direction.

My colleagues are some of the best in the industry and quite frankly as a result they keep you on your toes, we are constantly on a learning curve at any level! The graduate training scheme we have now is the best I have worked on with trainees in my career. We use external trainers, our senior leaders, and also newer graduates to the company who have excelled in specific areas to give expertise advice.

We are a young organisation and as such there are many career opportunities up for grabs as areas are still being defined. You have the opportunity to get on the bus early! Many of our graduates that joined us early on in are now managing consultants! There is a clear and defined structure to become Team Leader and its well within graduates means when they join.

ConsWe aren't as well known as some of our competitors in some areas. As we're ambitious and entrepreneurial there is a great deal of rapid change this could be a con for some people

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to change and adapt the training scheme.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work with fantastic colleagues and rapid career development opportunities!

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe senior management team and CEO genuinely live by the values that they teach as best practice.

A shared employee ownership model means that everyone is working together and pulling in the same direction.

You can progress very quickly, both in terms of career development and also compensation. There is a comprehensive training scheme to support this.

A fantastic office environment (table tennis table, business casual dress code, and a great location)

ConsHard to say really. I enjoy working here and am encouraged by like minded, motivated colleagues in a high performing environment. If I had to say anything it would be that work life balance can be challenging at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing - continuing to lead by example.

wonderful culture and values

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsReally lovely bunch of people. Everyone is ambitious, hard working but they also really care for each other.
    I've never worked in a place like it. We're also trying to give candidates a really good experience even if we can't place them. I think this contributes to the vibe and makes the job much more rewarding.

ConsEveryone works hard and it's difficult to find that work life balance all of the time.
    We are always growing as fast as we can and whilst it's fun it also means that things never stay the same for long.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on ensuring that candidate care is as good as it can be . Keep on doing everything you do to look after the employees. These are the two things that make the company what it is and if we stay focused on them we will continue to be successful and enjoy what we do.

Worked for La Fosse Associates? Contribute to the Community!