La Fosse Associates Reviews

4.0
Simon La Fosse

A unique work place,

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

Great company culture across all 3 offices. Everyone gets involved in the fun social side of work. Opportunities to ski, netball, circus, run, rugby, wakeboard - very much a fitness motivated workplace. I wouldn't/ couldn't work for another recruitment company knowing how inspiring La Fosse's values/ management team was. The picky hiring process is clearly working as everyone really bounces of each other, hugely supportive network - from Direct Manager to the Ops staff to CEO - with Simon La Fosse having a great presence in the company, a truly motivating personality. Flexibility to move vertical / roles if it isn't working for you whether Consultant to Ops or Researcher to Business Development. Big emphasis on praise, emails sent round congratulating people

Cons

Constant cake supply Perhaps a lack of structure in training however it's a 'go get' environment so the emphasis is on you - if you ask for more you'll get

Advice to Management

Create more of a competitive feel between graduates coming in to boost performance, sense of inter work-place spirit and fast progression.

2. A supportive, friendly and professional workplace

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Personal Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at La Fosse Associates

Pros

It's a fun, interesting and exciting place to work. Every day at La Fosse brings something new – you’re always kept on your toes, I for one am always busy and get a real sense of achievement at the end of each day. The management team are exceptionally supportive and consistently help you to be "the best you" that you could be. There is a real ‘open door’ policy with our CEO and any problems, no matter how small, he will be happy to help - as will the rest of the management team. A lot of time and effort is spent looking after employees - free gym membership (which we are encouraged to use regularly - many go to the gym together and it's a great team boost) - annual subsidised Ski Trip, weekly meetings with an open floor to talk about things and an ample supply of drinks - to name just a few!

Cons

The environment and nature of our business throws different situations at us all day long and so it takes a lot of juggling to successfully manage yourself. You need to be determined and committed, and it is not the right environment for everyone.

Advice to Management

We are growing, very quickly. We have a great culture and it would be a shame to lose this as we grow and expand. I know that this is at the forefront of management’s plans for the future and I’m really happy that this is so.

3. "Investors in People"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The genuine difference in this business is the commitment from the Management to invest in their people. Not only is it a true Meritocracy, but it’s also a culture where you're encouraged to develop as a person and a professional. As a Top 10 performer, I haven’t been left to just churn out the figures, but have been encouraged to tackle my weaknesses, been given a business coach and offered mentoring from Simon La Fosse who continues to take an active role in the development of the staff and environment. The culture is one of accountability and entrepreneurialism and as a result the KPI’s are light, but empowered and involve you in the decision making via an appraisal system.

Cons

It's a growth business which isn't for everyone, so really spend time considering the implications of this before accepting to contribute to the success story.

Advice to Management

Don't ruin the culture as we grow.

5. Very rewarding experience, highly enjoyable and a great place to work!

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

La Fosse Associates isn't your average recruitment firm, Simon and James Parker are building a world-class recruitment agency whilst maintaining an enjoyable work environment... honestly from my experience there over the last three years, they have succeeded. People: Everyone is hard-working, sociable and caring for each other. Your peers will go above and beyond their job description to help whether that's helping find great talent, training, mentoring, guidance or even developing your own clients. The work: Recruitment is a tough job and everyone has development points - that's why LFA are dedicated to Knowledge & Training to all employee's (at all levels) whether that's picking up your confidence on the phone, advancing your search techniques or learning to be a bit more organised. Values: LFA are all about looking after candidates and clients where they are serious about upholding this as they grow. It's the right thing to do and is clear evidence into how employee's treat each other as well as managers treating their teams too. Perks available: Gym, great commission structure, share options, training, owning a vertical, mentoring & buddy system, massages, hypnotherapy, Ski trip (for all employees), socials, regular supply of Percy Pigs and as much birthday cake and biltong to fill your boots! Very sad to be leaving the firm now but I was very lucky to find a firm like this straight after University - I could have done a hell of a lot worse

Cons

It's not for everyone and you need to be up for it as your peers will all be hard-working and aspiring to manage their own team. My advice to anyone thinking of joining is to ask yourself: am I ready to apply myself to succeed or am I just looking for any old entry-level job? If it's the former, LFA can give you the tools and training to build a great career.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people and spend time developing their careers no matter how fast the firm grows.

Full on arrogant plebs with terrible pre pubescent beards. No you don

I worked at La Fosse Associates

Pros

Decent looking girls clearly hired for their chests not their CVs

Cons

The whole place is a terrible mess of vanity

Advice to Management

Go lick your elbows

7. Great culture, lots of perks for those who are up for it....

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A fun place to work in a very collegiate environment which is unusual for a recruitment company. Its not for everyone but that applies to the industry as a whole and not just to La Fosse. A great opportunity to make serious money as they have the most financially rewarding commission scheme in the industry. You do obviously have to work hard to earn this - nothing is for free! Some complain about the long hours and pressure, sure that exists but there is no limit to what you can earn - the harder you work the more you make, simple, you dont have to earn lots of money if you dont want too.... Pressure? Yes that naturally exists but no more than any other high performing company would have. The company really looks after the well being of its employees, they provide breakfast everyday, gym, massages, hypnotherapy, friday drinks, company outings and ski trips to name a few.....

Cons

As a recruiter/sales person you have to get used to rejection as that will happen all the time. It can be demoralising especially when you have targets to meet. You will need higher than normal emotional intelligence and perseverance for this job.

Advice to Management

Make sure the culture and values does not get lost as the company grows.

8. Pioneering candidate care in the recruitment industry and supporting employees at all levels

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

La Fosse is role modelling how to support its staff and care for its candidates in a genuine attempt to achieve a step change in the recruitment industry. I have recently joined to bring HR and L&D expertise, which will help the organisation scale in line with its values of integrity, innovation and outstanding delivery. Growing the company without compromising the exemplary culture that it was built around is the highest priority for senior management and they are very keen to listen to all employee ideas on how to achieve this. It is what excited me about this opportunity and all company actions and decisions are consistently in line with this goal. With over 8 years of experience in the recruitment industry, I am acutely aware of how special and unique the environment is here and how extensively integrity, inclusion and collaborative working is encouraged and rewarded. For example, as well as working in their own vertical markets, consultants operate in account teams across executive search, perm, contract and contingent. This way, the integrity of our business model as a full service technology and digital recruiter is maintained, all account team members take shared ownership for the performance of the team overall and, therefore, collaborative working is automatic.

Cons

To date, there have been some variations in how employees are onboarded and developed. This has been due to the absence of a dedicated individual to own and champion the L&D and HR function. It is my role to do this and ensure that there are learning and career development programmes and options in place for all, across sales and operations.

Advice to Management

Continue to constantly question every decision that is made to ensure it is consistently aligned to maintaining and evolving our culture as we grow.

9. A fast-paced and ambitious company for those who thrive in a close-knit team.

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The first word that comes to mind is integrity. From the beginning, Simon La Fosse’s goal was to build an organisation that differentiated itself from its competition by treating people well (staff, candidates and clients alike). The organisation has expanded rapidly in the time I have been here and it is great to see the values have not diluted at all. I am sure the shared-ownership model is the key to the culture. Everyone here recognises that the long-term success of the company is dependent on the long-term success of all of the individuals within it. This means that everyone is not just willing to help each other but they actively want to. This is a great place to work and I cannot see myself working anywhere that doesn’t share these values.

Cons

For obvious reasons the company is looking to grow and this means that there are other activities that sit outside of your day job; running candidate care events, training new starters, hosting networking evenings as well as supporting the various company sports teams (netball, football, rugby etc.). Working as a team is everyone’s cup of tea and those who would prefer to be independent operators will find it harder to adapt to the La Fosse team culture.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting positive high-performers. No exceptions.

10. Great company to work for

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a company that really looks after the employees. There are obvious benefits that they offer like gym membership, monthly massages, fresh fruit and croissants in the morning, but I think what makes the company special is the people that work here. Everyone not only cares about the company performance, but also about each other. If you need advice, there is always somebody to lend a hand. Also, they are very good at trying new things. If something isn't working, it is easy to just leave it and say - "that's the way it is", but La Fosse will make an active effort to try and change things and try out new ideas. Culture wise, they are trying to make a difference in the industry externally by treating people well, but this is also reflected internally. There is no internal competition, people look to help each other rather than work against one another and if you are the right person you will really thrive in this environment.

Cons

I think some people can become disillusioned about the job, or have a preconceived idea of what it will be like before starting. One thing to stress is that it's not easy, there are highs and lows, but I think as far as recruitment companies go La Fosse really do stand out. Of course people leave, which is normal for a company that hires a lot of graduates, but the people that leave are either not the right culture fit, or aren't emotionally strong enough to deal with when things aren't going well for them. It's important to remember that the most successful people here have gone through hard times too.

Advice to Management

It's hard to maintain the culture of a small company when you grow very rapidly, so focus on hiring the right people culturally as well as looking at their experience to make sure that this is maintained over time.

11. High performance & great team

I have been working at La Fosse Associates

Pros

Everyone here is given the freedom (and corresponding responsibility) to accelerate their careers as quickly as possible. Its a real meritocracy, backed up with a great level of support - not just from management, but from peers. The fact that we all have options in the company helps keep everyone pulling together. Its not just about success though, I think there is a strong sense of purpose - we are trying to do something different in the industry by treating candidates well, so there is a collective pride in being known for that.

Cons

I have found if I work twice as hard & twice as smart, I progress 4 times as quick. Some people struggle with the hard work bit - if you are after a lifestyle job where you are spoon fed, this wont be for you, but I think its great when you have a team around you who keep going when the going gets tough!

Advice to Management

Maybe a more practical working exercise as part of assessing people at interview to work out if they are really up for it, or just say they are.

RSS Feed </> Embed