La Petite Academy

La Petite Academy Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

La Petite Academy CEO Barbara J. Beck

Barbara J. Beck

Pros
  • The company, itself, as a whole offers a great benefit package to its full time employees(in 4 reviews)

• Career growth potential, working with dedicated people who truly care about children and educating them, making a difference in children's lives(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • very low pay for childcare, they take so much money from parents and none go into the school unless accreditation is coming(in 10 reviews)

• Full time is considered as 36 hrs(in 5 reviews)

Ok company...can excel if you are in for the long haul

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proskids, good lesson planning, in charge of your own classroom

Conspay is on the low side of any scale for any state, benefits are ok after the first year of full time work

Children are our future

ProsThe company offers a competitive benefits package to employees. Hard work is rewarded and there is a yearly merit raise. I have never had any issues asking for time off as long as I give my supervisor some advance notice. My coworkers are easy to work with and I have made many friends here. Working with children allows me to help give back to my community.

ConsSome of the facilities are better than others.

The hours are great but it is a stressful environment.

Teacher (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe hours are flexible and the company is closed on weekends. The management is helpful and will work with you, only if you make it a point to clearly communicate.

ConsWorking at a daycare is stressful. The ratio of children to teachers is based on state regulations, but 15 two and three year olds with one teacher was too much.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it has been fun , Ive learned a lot. All in all a good experience.

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

Prosnice work environment, paid training, they give you an option of 4 days a week or 5.

Conslong hours if your full time

La Petite the salary matches the name!

Academy Director (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsCareer growth potential, working with dedicated people who truly care about children and educating them, making a difference in children's lives

ConsThe pay, pricey benefits, pay freeze when economy slowed- 5 years with NO increase!

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the hard working school level people who enable you to have jobs!
    Pay increases annually go a long way! Let managers take time off without guilt!

Focused on curriculum

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of hours availalble, paid vacation

ConsThankless, pay for health insurance

Fun place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeaching kids here was the best job i had. I loved seeing their faces light up when they learned something new. The curriculum really prepares the kids for Kindergarten and beyond. Awesome discount if you have a child that needs childcare.

ConsThe pay was not good for all that you needed to do.If it werent for the pay i would have stayed on longer

Pay and overall benefits are less than a privately run preschool. Get a job elsewhere

Assistant Director (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsYou have a chance of a good director. However, this varies school to school and has no rhyme or reason.

Cons1. Extremely low pay
    2. Optional benefits for full time are not good
    3. Toys and overall features of the school are outdated and old
    4. Corporate is constantly adding more for the teacher to do with little training and NO planning time
    5. No supply money
    6. Excessive paperwork (cost/benefit is out of balance)
    7. You end up doing all of the lesson plans on your own time at home
    8. Regionally the district manager varies but if you have a bad one, then you are going to hate your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive teachers lesson planning time and supplies. The school is expensive for parents so stop making your teachers beg for EVERY supply from them. It is embarrassing and makes the school look bad.

Horrible place to take your child or to even work at

Teacher (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsOnly pro is working with the children.

ConsManagement is disrespectful, they care little about the kids or employees. They make their teachers work even if they have the flu or have a serious illness. They'll lie to parents if they dont want them to dis enroll.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking about enrollment and money and worry about the children you already have and your employees

Overwhelming

Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the children is the only good part about the job.

ConsPoor training, no explanation of all the daily paper work that needed to be filled out. They failed to mention that there was a child with special needs child in my room and when he began to have violent episodes and I asked for help they just told me he was autistic and left me to my own devices.

Advice to Senior ManagementProperly train your employees and have some sort of special needs teacher available.

Worked for La Petite Academy? Contribute to the Community!