La Petite Academy

La Petite Academy Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

La Petite Academy CEO Barbara J. Beck

Barbara J. Beck

Pros:
  • "The company, itself, as a whole offers a great benefit package to its full time employees"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Being around kids, flexible in schedule, changing kids life"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low pay, poor management, no growth opportunity"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Management seems desperate to hire anybody which leads to a lot of inexperienced workers who quit without notice after short amount of time"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

okay

I worked at La Petite Academy

ProsHours were pretty flexible, no work on weekends

ConsTerrible layout of the buildings and classrooms, low child to teacher ratios

good

Lead Teacher (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time for more than a year

ProsI love work with kids and I try to be the best every day

Conssometimes relationships with coworkers is no good enough

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Great company to work for!

I worked at La Petite Academy

ProsLa Petite has great staff, competitive pay and benefits, and endless opportunities for training.

ConsFull time is considered as 36 hrs. Classrooms are divided with partitions which can be noisy at times.

lead teacher

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time for more than a year

ProsThe kids are always a joy to teach

ConsThe parents, depending on the area are not helpful nor do they provide basics for the children's needs. The upper management are unorganized and can be lazy. Not a real opportunity for growth. The pay is not worth with what you have to deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more and make sure the teachers that are hired are actually here for the children and not just a paycheck. Make sure employees are heard and considered. Upper management out of town listen to the employees and not just the managers.

Teacher

Preschool Teacher (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time for less than a year

ProsBeing around kids, flexible in schedule, changing kids life.

ConsBad training, low pay, them are a corporation interested only in making money.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee children not only as a number, improve your own the job training.

I was miserable and feel that management almost ruined my whole view of the company

Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at La Petite Academy part-time for more than a year

ProsThe relationships with the children; making a difference in kids' life; making parents feel good by building a rapport with them so they know they can trust you with their child all day. Also the rewards of teaching, watching your students grow as individuals.

ConsLittle to no on-the-job training-- mostly just expected to read stacks upon stacks of paper packets of information to learn the job, then sink or swim when getting out on the floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your staff. They are who keep the school running. If some one is incredibly ill, or has another major stressor going on in their life, show some human compassion for them. Don't just pretend like you care when all you are really concerned with is when they will be able to work again.

Don't treat your staff-- who are all competent, grown adults-- like they are children. Don't insult them and/or literally yell at them because it is very ineffective management and no one will ever want to work for you.

Very hard field to work in

Carrollton, TX

I worked at La Petite Academy part-time for less than a year

ProsWork with children and their families and build connections to those children through teaching.

ConsMinimal restroom breaks. Long work days. Instability of work hours. Never know when you will be needed or when they will send you home. Pay in not sufficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide teachers with scheduled periodic breaks, not just for lunch. Have a set schedule each week for breaks and work hours, and make sure all the teachers have knowledge of that schedule. Routine work hours is a must.

La Petite Acadmey

I worked at La Petite Academy

ProsEveryone cares and loves the children who come here.

ConsCommunication between management and staff needs improvement. There is definite favoritism going on as well. Staff to parent communication needs improvement in some classrooms.

Pleasantly impressed

Team Lead (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time for less than a year

ProsI have been working for La Petite Academy for over 6 months now, and I love it. You just have to go in prepared to do what you are told. Most days you will have the same schedule and be in the same class room the same times, but then there are those off days where things have to change. If you go in ready for anything, you will be less frustrated when things don't work out.

Some great things are:

*Descent Pay scale
*Pleasant People
*Lots of help from corporate
*Benefits for Full time employees

ConsI do see were some of the reviews have a problem with the company. However, my position is low management and I can tell you some of the things are even out of the companies hands. Such as the complaint about under staffing, now over the last month we have hired 5 people and 3 of them left with out notice.

Some not to great things are:

*No benefits for part time people
*Problems with staff retention
*Limited full time positions

Advice to Senior Managementbetter pay scale increases for milestones in the company

all about numbers could care less of the children

Indianapolis, IN

I worked at La Petite Academy part-time for less than a year

Prosworking during the day and off weekends

Conscould have cared less about the children. . . Also never had new materials for the kids and when asked never got them. Was all about showing parents how nice it was but when they would walk out the doors very different story

Worked for La Petite Academy? Contribute to the Community!

La Petite Academy Videos

La Petite Academy – Why Work for Us?

A Leader in Educational Child Care La Petite Academy was established in 1968, with the purchase of seven university-sponsored schools. A pioneer in education-based care, La Petite Academy created the Journey… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at La Petite Academy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for La Petite Academy CEO Barbara J. Beck. All 61 reviews posted anonymously by La Petite Academy employees.