La Petite Academy Reviews

Reset
2.5
La Petite Academy CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Pros
  • Benefits for full-time employees (in 5 reviews)

• Career growth potential, working with dedicated people who truly care about children and educating them, making a difference in children's lives (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Bad training, low pay, them are a corporation interested only in making money (in 8 reviews)

• Full time is considered as 36 hrs (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Daycare Infant Teacher in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Daycare Infant Teacher in San Antonio, TX

I worked at La Petite Academy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Helpful and supportive staff and environment -lots of professional development and training opportunities -paid for CPR/AED/First aid certification -great pay and lots of opportunities to work extra hours -great benefits -company is great about providing new toys and supplies even before items are requested.

Cons

No Cons. I loved working there, and would still be working there if I hadn't moved.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because you are doing a great job.

2. Teacher Assistant

Pros

Working with children directly, director was very understanding, co-workers etc.

Cons

low pay, not always going according to scheduled time, always seem to not want to pay employees overtime

3. Lead Teacher

Pros

Laid Back, Great people, Great Parents, Good hours, Full time or part time, Boss is great though, helps if you are in school

Cons

Pay is low, work meetings held on Saturdays, stressful times with the children, pay is low i repeat

5. La Petite Academy

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Sanford, FL

I worked at La Petite Academy (Less than a year)

Pros

La Petite has a great paid training program. Employees know what is expected of them right from the beginning. They also offer good benefits including ongoing education reimbursement. There is a family atmosphere here, and a sense of teamwork.

Cons

Since the job involves working with young children, illness can be a problem for teachers. It is hard to ask for time off when sick, because every teacher is needed. Management always wanted to know how soon sick employees could return, even if they had not recovered. I ended up with an upper respiratory infection including fever, and was on antibiotics. I only took off 2 days because I was needed. I should have stayed home and rested because a week later my infection turned into pneumonia, and I was out for almost a week. When I called my manager to tell her I had pneumonia, she said if I feel better to come in the next day if I could. If I had stayed home for a few days when I had the upper respiratory infection, I am convinced I would have recovered and not developed pneumonia, which cost me more time off work, and additional doctor, x-ray, and medication expenses.

Advice to Management

Have enough employee coverage to allow truly sick teachers adequate time to stay home and rest without pressuring them to return too soon.

6. You might be happier somewhere else

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time

Pros

The staff is great. The families are great. The kids are great.

Cons

The parent company. Management. Managerial practices. Lack of respect for employees.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if the bottom line was not all that mattered.

7. Okay

Former Employee - Teacher in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Teacher in Novi, MI

I worked at La Petite Academy (Less than a year)

Pros

Most parents were a joy. The kids are so loveable that they feel like your own.

Cons

Management needs more class in what the are supposed to do.

8. La Petite

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Maple Valley, WA
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Maple Valley, WA

I have been working at La Petite Academy (Less than a year)

Pros

-Relaxed environment -Flexible work schedule is good for students -Fun and easy going job

Cons

-Low wages and little opportunity for raises -No opportunity to move up

Fun Place to Work

Pros

Fun, loved the kids and parents. The management was open to suggestions. Always felt appreciated by children, parents and coworkers. Clean environment.

Cons

Pay is not great. That is not just at La Petite Academy though. Pay is generally low in this field.

Advice to Management

Corporate employees should review the curriculum and do trial runs with actual groups of children. Loved most of the curriculum, but parts of it were difficult to implement in the classroom.

Lead Pre-K teacher.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding job and making a difference in children's lives, directors are nice and will work with you on scheduling. Teachers can be creative and implement their own ideas into the curriculum.

Cons

Gossip. Low pay, job is physically demanding. Constant turn around with teachers (because of low pay). It is extremely hard to stick to a curriculum (even if you plan one) because they are always short staffed and you can be yanked from your room to cover other teachers on their break or ratios in the classrooms become to high. I absolutely love teaching, but I feel I cannot do my job properly or to the best of my ability when I am yanked from my room in the middle of a project or teaching a lesson, to cover the other classes.

Advice to Management

Hire "floaters" to cover lunches, absent teachers and breaks, so that us lead teachers can properly teach these kids without interruptions. This job is physically demanding. The constant turn around with teachers is due to low pay, lead teachers can't stick to their curriculum as expected when they are put in other rooms. Hire floaters and offer better pay to keep your teachers and assistants.

11. aide

Former Employee - Teacher's Aide in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Teacher's Aide in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at La Petite Academy (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to work with great children. Workers and parents are nice and easy to get along with. Director was really nice and understanding.

Cons

Pay isn't too good (minimum wage).

Advice to Management

N/A

RSS Feed </> Embed