La Senza

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Michele Cloutier

Long Hours, fun atmosphere

Store Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at La Senza full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTraining, employees I worked with were lovely, realistic work/life balance.

ConsMerchandise did NOT sell itself, company forced robotic lines upon employees to use with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a little faith, your employees can sell, they are trained well! Let them be themselves a little and enough with the "target audience" line, they are off putting for the customers and employees.

Full-time corporate headquarters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at La Senza full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCreativity is encouraged, good compensation and bonus plan, most managers are flexible about taking time off. Brand is owned by L Brands (Limited Brands) and corporation offers many benefits from great 401K plan and employee training to decent cafeteria and fitness classes.

ConsSpecific to La Senza (not other L Brands companies), much of middle management is promoted before they are ready/mature enough to handle their new position. This results in mismanaged teams, preferential treatment, overworked and frustrated team members and cattiness. Cadence is unorganized and chaotic. There is also definite problems in lack of communication and micro-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to address the bigger issues plaguing the various teams including those listed in cons instead of hiding the problems behind give-aways and treats.

Info about the company is out of date. La Senza is now owned by L Brands and headquartered in Columbus, Oh. Brand president is Michele Cloutier. Ms. Nemeroff is longer with the company.

Working for La Senza

I have been working at La Senza

ProsEasy interaction with hire management

ConsDifficult to move up past store management

Amazing and Fun

Store Manager (Current Employee)
London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at La Senza full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat staff, great upper management, good pay, willing to listen to managers ideas and thoughts. Great training Overall very fun place to work

ConsLong hours sometimes, not really and chance to grow within the company as it doesn't have high turnover, which is good in one respect but bad in anothr if you wanna move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Great fellow employees

Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at La Senza part-time for more than a year

ProsThe company seems to hire great people as employees. It is always a fun time working in-store

ConsThose working hire up in the company seems to lack respect for the employees that work in stores on a daily basis

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave room for personal growth for sales associates.

mistreated and over-worked

I have been working at La Senza full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-relationships made with other employees
-that's about it

ConsI have never felt so over worked and under appreciated. We are kept until the late hours of the night, sometimes 4-5 AM for visual changes and inventory, then asked to come in for open. they do not pay for our cabs or way home at these hours and let little girls go home late at night ALONE. The pay is laughable, and there is no room for advancement. Managers might as well be secretaries, as they sit in the back room for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week "making schedules". You are laughed at when you try to book time off, which often gets denied. Managers get all of the "incentives" and bonuses when they do none of the work. Visual changes leave huge messes and expect the stock specialist to clean it all up, while also maintaining their job description. Managers and DMs are almost like they are friends, and are very unapproachable. all in all a terrible job.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your part...work/family life is really important to having a happy employee. pay your full time employees more. incentives for part time and stock specialists.

I loved my experience at la senza! Got to meet a lot of great people and worked with awesome customers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at La Senza

ProsI met many great friends!

ConsLots of cattiness when working with so many girls

Advice to Senior ManagementMore meetings to truly get to know eachother!

catty, unorganized, cheap.

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Victoria, BC (Canada)

I have been working at La Senza part-time for more than a year

Proscheap lingerie, convenient location, easy to learn procedures. little to no skills required to work at this company

Cons-bad management
-not trustworthy
-employees are young and love drama
-low pay
-bad training

Advice to Senior Management-let your competitors take your market share. Too much work to turn the company around

Not good enough. Currently looking for a new job with better treatment of it's employees.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Chilliwack, BC (Canada)

I have been working at La Senza part-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a fun job getting to meet lots of new people, and we find out about the great deals before everyone else...but barely.

ConsWe have to work exceptionally hard for minimum pay; late night floorsets without enough hours to finish the job, and the following days, we are still expected to provide the best customer service while doing things we couldn't finish in the floorset. The hours just keep continually getting cut, leaving us unable to properly tend to our customers, and unable to pay our bills. The biggest Con is that no one listens to the employees. We are hands on with the customers, we know what they want but we can't always help them, or ourselves.
Lastly I feel strongly compelled to add that GRATIS means FREE so don't offer gratis bras for $10 or even $15. Free means FREE!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are too many guidelines, rules, random new information, daily deals, and restrictions that are put on employees and are expected to remember. This is just a part time job to us, not a career, so please stop making us learn all of this useless information!

Management team is super inefficient

Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at La Senza part-time

Pros-Good discounts, great co-workers, most of my co-workers were very friendly and super fun to work with

Cons-Management changed three times during my 6 months or so duration, the head manager hogged all of the hours and gave full time workers part time hours and part time workers 5-10 hours of work a week
-STOP FORCING EMPLOYEES TO USE "words" that "sell" the product! It makes the employees sound fake and forceful

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your training

Worked for La Senza? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at La Senza reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for La Senza CEO Michele Cloutier. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by La Senza employees.