La Senza

Add Photos

Michele Cloutier

Long Hours, fun atmosphere

Store Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTraining, employees I worked with were lovely, realistic work/life balance.

ConsMerchandise did NOT sell itself, company forced robotic lines upon employees to use with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a little faith, your employees can sell, they are trained well! Let them be themselves a little and enough with the "target audience" line, they are off putting for the customers and employees.

Full-time corporate headquarters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsCreativity is encouraged, good compensation and bonus plan, most managers are flexible about taking time off. Brand is owned by L Brands (Limited Brands) and corporation offers many benefits from great 401K plan and employee training to decent cafeteria and fitness classes.

ConsSpecific to La Senza (not other L Brands companies), much of middle management is promoted before they are ready/mature enough to handle their new position. This results in mismanaged teams, preferential treatment, overworked and frustrated team members and cattiness. Cadence is unorganized and chaotic. There is also definite problems in lack of communication and micro-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to address the bigger issues plaguing the various teams including those listed in cons instead of hiding the problems behind give-aways and treats.

Info about the company is out of date. La Senza is now owned by L Brands and headquartered in Columbus, Oh. Brand president is Michele Cloutier. Ms. Nemeroff is longer with the company.

Great team, less so on the manager front

Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) Halifax, NS (Canada)

ProsGirls who work there, dynamic team, employs a diverse group of women, monthly incentives

Consmanagement, difficult to get time off

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing more approachable would greatly improve employee morale

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

There's good and there's bad, but the bad outweighs the good.

Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

ProsI like the discount
    The people there
    More personal level with customers
    Knowing all the deals first
    Getting to save all your sizes and get them first
    Always having matching bra and panties
    First dibs on semi annual sales
    Bonus for reaching target goals

ConsVisuals require way too much work (heavy lifting .. Stacked bins of bras, moving around drawers) not worth getting paid minimum wage to do that kind of labour

I've worked there for 2 years and only got a raise of 50 cents.

I stayed for the workers, not the management

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosyou work with a good group of girls, most in college/university just looking for a part-time job.

Consthe management is horrible. Ive been through 5 managers, all different leadership styles, which all clashed with the environment that the surviving employees have created. They all worked assertively, hoping for the employees to compensate for their lack of knowledge and eventually, they end up leaving.

Advice to Senior Managementstop giving management incentives. The CSL's at our store would steal our sales and cause a lot of tense situations.

Awful experience

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsNice product to work with.

ConsErratic changes.
    Ridiculous time scales.
    Long hours.
    No work life balance.
    Very demanding.
    Unprofessional manager.
    Totally knocks all your confidence.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually do a bit! Realise you are a manager, responsible for leading, driving and motivating your team....Not sit in the office, on your phone. Turn up late every day.... I could go on and on! Area managers, don't take things at face value!

Exhausting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent product to work with and great team

ConsArea manager unrealistic, bully tactics.
    Long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up for yourself, enjoy the role it's great when your with a good team

no work life balance

Store Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosrun like if it is your own business
    great incentives

Conscompany policy and procedures change too quickly
    no work life balance

Advice to Senior Managementit is a good company to work for if you want to grow, but keep your personal life simple and away from the business.

Working for La Senza

ProsEasy interaction with hire management

ConsDifficult to move up past store management

Amazing and Fun

Store Manager (Current Employee) London, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat staff, great upper management, good pay, willing to listen to managers ideas and thoughts. Great training Overall very fun place to work

ConsLong hours sometimes, not really and chance to grow within the company as it doesn't have high turnover, which is good in one respect but bad in anothr if you wanna move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Worked for La Senza? Contribute to the Community!