LaBov & Beyond

Barry Labov

15 Years of Energy and Opportunity

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

I've worked for LaBov & Beyond for over 15 years. It has been one of the most meaningful and inspiring work experiences I've ever had. The quality ethics, energy and opportunity here are simply amazing; glad to be here.

Cons

Not really a con, but it is a high-energy, fast paced work environment. Not everyone can handle it, and I've seen some people burn out pretty fast. Other than that, I can't think of anything big. You get out of it what you put into it, here.

Some good, mostly bad.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Chance to work on exciting projects for amazing clients/brands. Most people working there are talented, dedicated, friendly - they're just not in the right positions, unfortunately.

Cons

Extreme micromanagement leads to extreme paranoia and overall feeling of distrust. People not empowered to grow, lead, expand. Cult of personality poisons culture and atmosphere.

Lead by letting go.

Stress & disappointment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

The small agency atmosphere is a great place to learn the business and the client roster at LaBov was great. The community of Fort Wayne was fun and a great place for family.

Cons

Benefits did not outweigh the negative aspects. From the top down, there was so much negativity and anger, paranoia and disrespect. It really impacted everyone at all levels and could be traced back to the man in the corner office. Namecalling, yelling, swearing, mocking...just demoralizing behavior...all par for the course. To see an employee cry at least once a week was not uncommon, which is sad for a place that could be so great and positive otherwise. Benefits were cut, too...more than once...under the guise of a poor economy. (Not an easy approach to take when owners are rolling in with new cars, buying new houses or private planes.) All goes back to respect.

Replace yourselves with smarter, savvier people who know how to run a business and treat people with dignity. Be good to your employees. And stop writing fake posts on Glassdoor to improve your ratings--its so transparent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never felt more valued at my job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Nobody gives you more focus or respect than this company. LaBov & Beyond is a blessing in my life. No other company shows their employees so much respect and assurance than this one.

Cons

Not many that I can think of. They are not an enormous company, so if you end up butting heads with someone, you're going to have to deal with it sooner or later - no room to hide.

Great Experience for Future Endeavors

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

I’m a part-timer at LaBov and I enjoy the flexibility we have in our work schedules and the fact that we do such great stuff for our clients that are located all over the nation.

Cons

While flexible, the job environment can get hectic and you need to be able to keep it together. As a part-timer that doesn't affect me as much, but I've seen it happen.

One of the best jobs I've ever had.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

I worked At LaBov & Beyond for almost a decade. It's a great place, with great people and clients. I couldn't be happier with my experience there.

Cons

If you can't handle a steady workload, than you might want to look elsewhere. It's not overwhelming, but you certainly don't have much down time. I saw a few people washout early on.

Nothing that I can think of. Thanks for the great times.

Land of Oppurtunity

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

LaBov & Beyond is the land of opportunity! I love it, it’s energizing and if you have dreams, they can come true here. My co-workers are great, and the clients we have are always a pleasurable challenge.

Cons

Not much, I like Indiana, but I would love to have had an office in another major city. But then again, the company jet is like a gateway to any city in the U.S.

Keep up the good work, and remember to keep employee moral up.

Smart place, very "real" atmosphere, you know where you stand and will get help if you ask for it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

If you ask for anything, they'll consider it, as long as it's reasonable. They will work with newbies (like me) and are patient. All fo the main people there have been there for a long time and moved up.

Cons

I think if you are used to working at huge companies and like to be left alone, that won't fly there. They pretty much expect you to step if your light or don't know what to do. Honestly thats a big deal there, you have let people know if you need something, they don't expect you to wait and wait.

I like the help and stuff, its why I came there, so I'd like to see that continue. I like that the top people are very involved.

The only place in our region that has the standards to do national work.

Current Employee - Creative  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Creative in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Constantly trying to be better, very fair, good teamwork, lots of awards, lots of bigtime clientele, and they're very open about stuff, which is pretty refreshing. I get a chance to go to seminars and learn and grow and meet people like me.

Cons

You'll be pushed for more than just one idea or approach, sometimes that's stressful even though you know it's right, still it means that you're expected to do your best.

We're doing really cool stuff, let's celebrate that as often as possible. Keep focusing on the top projects and clients so we can do great work.

World-class, honest, ethical, great clients and fun team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Great client list, great people, lots of opportunities, faster (but not crazy) pace, very stable company. They are constantly thinking of new ways to help clients, new ways to do things, which keeps it exciting.

Cons

Don't go there to retire, no one is retiring there! It is a very steady--paced company, so no late night craziness, but at the same time, everyday you go to work, you have stuff to do.

Keep growing

Worked for LaBov & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!