LaGuardia Community College

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

i learned how to communicate with the computer as programmer in this internship at LaGuardia Community College

Programmer Intern (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsLaGuardia Community college has a good program in computer Science in which i can learn a lot .

Consi learned a good way to solve different problems in computer.

Instructor

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsIt's a college. You can have long summer and winter break if you want.
    School is very clean.
    Facilities are absolutely amazing people to work with.

ConsNot enough salary for hard work.

NYC's Best Education and Orientation to America for Immigrants

Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) Long Is City, NY

ProsA very culturally diverse student population, from some of NYC's largest public admin agencies (e.g., MTA, Board of Ed, etc.), most of whom are very eager to learn,

ConsThe city agencies do not pay their bills on time, which means that the faculty can wait in excess of 90-days to get paid! And students can be hours late to class, and still be accepted and get credit.

Advice to Senior ManagementNegotiate faster payment with the corporate clients, and better standards for employee attendance and participation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Helpful but boring.

Clerk (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgain experience
    within the school area

Consboring nothing else to say..

College Assistant - PT IT Assistant at the Archives department

IT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsFlexible with schedule.
    Friendly staff.
    Help and mentoring along the projects

ConsFor a student or a younger generation, you would be dealing with older staff members.
    Small chances of career growth within the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide career mentoring and discuss career growth

Great place to work - well, almost

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIdeal colleagues - really wonderful people. Non-competitive atmosphere, but professional development is optimal. College Administration is pro-faculty. Great union! Release time for research.

ConsUniversity-wide administration is making terrible decisions that will change the school. Teaching load (already heavy at 27 cr/ year) will be dramatically impacted when 4-credit courses turn to 3-credit ones (i.e. one has to teach 9 courses instead of 7 to get to 27). A sizable minority of students have a negative attitude. They are apathetic and/or blame others/society/faculty for their failures. [Most students are great, but those who aren't can drain your time and energy].

Very informative and a family experience all around from the Professors, Students and staff.

Help Desk Support (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people at LaGuardia Community College treat you like family.

ConsThe down side of working for LaGuardia Community College is that I work part time instead of full time.

Advice to Senior Managementjust keep doing what you"re doing. Don't fix something that is not broken.

not growth

Helpdesk Administrative (Current Employee) Long Is City, NY

Prosflexibility
    nice people
    nice environment
    nice place to begin your career

Consno promotion
    no growth
    no training
    lack of communication

Advice to Senior Managementbetter communication
    organize departmental meetings at least once a month

exciting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsLaGuardia has multicultural environments. There are some cool places in the middle of the building where you can sit and relax.

ConsBuilding and office spaces are not in same facilities. Furthermore, recreational facilities are not free for employees. So it should be free.

Advice to Senior ManagementLaGuardia should keep the good pace of having multicultural atmosphere. The should expand some more classroom and office spaces for all.

Basically a great place to teach

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

Prosgreat school, amazing students from all over the world, teachers and staff are generally very passionate about their work, cutting edge technology

ConsAlong with some cutting edge technology are some old, dinky, out-moded systems with little or no support. As an adjunct, I'm not given the workspace and basic tools to do the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's hard to know who "leadership" is. If I could be sure of a computer and a printer and an elevator that all work, I'd be a totally happy camper!

Worked for LaGuardia Community College? Contribute to the Community!