LaRosa's Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014
3.8

Mike LaRosa

best experience I've ever had in customer service.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Harrison, OH
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Harrison, OH

I worked at LaRosa's full-time for less than a year

Pros

working there was a great experience, the people i was working with always made work fun. there was never a dual moment when i was working there. the fact i got to keep 100% of my tips every night was amazing.

Cons

the managers didn't really know how to treat most of their workers. I'm a little disable and they made me do the stuff that i honestly couldn't do without help and thats how i had to do things.

stop hiring all friends when you hire someone don't hire all high schoolers from the same school i know there is more people applying for the jobs where you don't have to get people from the same school it just causes drama and a lot of it.

Hardworking company, where the people are easy and enjoyable to work with

Current Employee - Cook/Server  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Cook/Server in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a server the pay is pretty great, but a cook receives minimum wage, however there are potential pay raises if hardworking and dedicated

Cons

Management isn't always the best, but do what they can to solve problems.
    Not a high chance for advancement

Need to make workers more accountable for their actions (i.e: an employee doesn't show up for their shift)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friendly place to work great expirenece

Cons

High school kids, and repetitive

N/a

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent first job

I worked at LaRosa's

Pros

Free food, and an easy job. Nice coworkers, and always kept you busy. Working and closing alone, with too much work for one person to accomplish in a reasonable time.

Cons

Poor management and scheduling. General Manager is rarely around, training is not sufficient when first starting and you have to figure a lot out by your self.

Train employees better, and work on scheduling

Not much to share

I worked at LaRosa's part-time

Pros

First job I ever had

Cons

Food service is not my cup of tea

Keep up the good work

Fine

Former Employee - Cook  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Cook in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at LaRosa's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked with some good people, discounted food, and also a flexible schedule. Opportunities to move up to management position. Clean environment.

Cons

Managers not good at dealing with employees. Unprofessional atmosphere at times. Fast turnover rate of employees, but that's expected at a restaurant.

No organization of employees or hours.

Former Employee - Server  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at LaRosa's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun crowd. Good coworkers. Easy menu. Good Food

Cons

The managers don't have much experience and a lot of them are younger. They tend to hire a lot of their friends and there isn't an equal system to scheduling. Employees get treated differently if/because they are friends with the managers. Employees who aren't good friends with the managers will get less hours, more outwork, more taks, stricter rules, etc.

Hire better managers. The GM needs to take control and be aware of what his other managers are doing.

Great Place To Work

Former Employee - Server  in  Mount Orab, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Mount Orab, OH

I worked at LaRosa's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At LaRosa's, I worked with a stellar team. Always willing to accommodate with each other's schedules, this place ran like a well-oiled machine. Of all the restaurants I have worked at, this one tends to keep it's employees much longer by treating them fairly. It is this kind of place that attracts good employees who want to show up on time and help out any way possible

Another HUGE pro is the level of cleanliness. When employees are not busy cooking, serving, or cashiering, they are always working to keep the place clean and sanitary, everywhere from the kitchen to the commode. Because I know this place is clean, I feel confident to eat there with my family and friends anytime!

Cons

At times, the hours can seem unappealing - after all, you make the most money when the rest of the world is off work! But overall, the hours are not that bad, especially compared to all of the positive aspects of this job. After all, no job is perfect, or they wouldn't have to pay people to do it!

Keep doing what you're doing

I loved working for LaRosa's, it was a perfect summer job during college.

Former Employee - Hostess/Cashier  in  Newport, KY
    Former Employee - Hostess/Cashier in Newport, KY

I worked at LaRosa's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked as a hostess for 4 years. I enjoyed working for LaRosa's because of the people I worked with and the customers I met, without them the job would've been a little mundane and boring. Food service is never exceptionally fun, but when you are surrounded by employees to joke with and people that will help you out with it gets busy and stressful it makes the work much better. A positive attitude also goes a LOOOONG way, do yourself a favor and don't work in food service if you are impatient and have a tendency to lose your temper.

Cons

I found that upper management (owners) had no problem cutting hostesses and servers to save a dollar when the store was slammed and they clearly needed the extra help. That bothered me a little but honestly they know much more than I how to run a business, and everything always did end up getting done.

Empathize and help servers who are slammed and losing their minds. Other than that, everything was great.

It was Great!

Former Employee - Dishwasher
    Former Employee - Dishwasher

I worked at LaRosa's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working around great people and laid back kitchen.

Cons

Kitchens can become hot in the summers.

Worked for LaRosa's? Contribute to the Community!