LaRosa's

Mike LaRosa

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsFriendly place to work great expirenece

ConsHigh school kids, and repetitive

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

Decent first job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree food, and an easy job. Nice coworkers, and always kept you busy. Working and closing alone, with too much work for one person to accomplish in a reasonable time.

ConsPoor management and scheduling. General Manager is rarely around, training is not sufficient when first starting and you have to figure a lot out by your self.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain employees better, and work on scheduling

Fine

Cook (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsWorked with some good people, discounted food, and also a flexible schedule. Opportunities to move up to management position. Clean environment.

ConsManagers not good at dealing with employees. Unprofessional atmosphere at times. Fast turnover rate of employees, but that's expected at a restaurant.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No organization of employees or hours.

Server (Former Employee)

ProsFun crowd. Good coworkers. Easy menu. Good Food

ConsThe managers don't have much experience and a lot of them are younger. They tend to hire a lot of their friends and there isn't an equal system to scheduling. Employees get treated differently if/because they are friends with the managers. Employees who aren't good friends with the managers will get less hours, more outwork, more taks, stricter rules, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better managers. The GM needs to take control and be aware of what his other managers are doing.

Not much to share

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFirst job I ever had

ConsFood service is not my cup of tea

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great Place To Work

Server (Former Employee)
    Mount Orab, OH

ProsAt LaRosa's, I worked with a stellar team. Always willing to accommodate with each other's schedules, this place ran like a well-oiled machine. Of all the restaurants I have worked at, this one tends to keep it's employees much longer by treating them fairly. It is this kind of place that attracts good employees who want to show up on time and help out any way possible

Another HUGE pro is the level of cleanliness. When employees are not busy cooking, serving, or cashiering, they are always working to keep the place clean and sanitary, everywhere from the kitchen to the commode. Because I know this place is clean, I feel confident to eat there with my family and friends anytime!

ConsAt times, the hours can seem unappealing - after all, you make the most money when the rest of the world is off work! But overall, the hours are not that bad, especially compared to all of the positive aspects of this job. After all, no job is perfect, or they wouldn't have to pay people to do it!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

I loved working for LaRosa's, it was a perfect summer job during college.

Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Newport, KY

ProsI worked as a hostess for 4 years. I enjoyed working for LaRosa's because of the people I worked with and the customers I met, without them the job would've been a little mundane and boring. Food service is never exceptionally fun, but when you are surrounded by employees to joke with and people that will help you out with it gets busy and stressful it makes the work much better. A positive attitude also goes a LOOOONG way, do yourself a favor and don't work in food service if you are impatient and have a tendency to lose your temper.

ConsI found that upper management (owners) had no problem cutting hostesses and servers to save a dollar when the store was slammed and they clearly needed the extra help. That bothered me a little but honestly they know much more than I how to run a business, and everything always did end up getting done.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpathize and help servers who are slammed and losing their minds. Other than that, everything was great.

It was Great!

Dishwasher (Former Employee)

ProsWorking around great people and laid back kitchen.

ConsKitchens can become hot in the summers.

Fun work environment but stressful.

Kitchen Trainer (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsCan make a lot of good friends.

ConsFast paced. Can be stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementA store cannot function without a happy kitchen staff. You should put more effort into making the kitchen crew happy.

LaRosa's is a forward thinking business that sets a great standard for the restaurant industry.

Executive (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsLaRosa's expects Team Members to excel and give them the support and latitude to add value to the company regardless of their role. The company also looks to move things forward and not settle on what it has done in the past.

ConsLaRosa's is at a stage where it is looking to grow in volume and geographically. This is challenging with the current economic situation, but they are moving forward to see how this can occur.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management needs to continue its practice of visioning and moving the company forward strategically.

Worked for LaRosa's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LaRosa's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LaRosa's CEO Mike LaRosa. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by LaRosa's employees.