LaVan & Neidenberg Reviews

Reset
2.6
LaVan & Neidenberg Founder & President Kenneth L. LaVan
Kenneth L. LaVan

Pros
  • If you like a structured work environment that is organized then you would enjoy working here (in 7 reviews)

• while it takes a lot of hard work and time, there is room to move up since the company is still a growing success (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • For my specific position, there is no room for growth (in 3 reviews)

• not a real law firm you work for a call center "outsourcing company" the pretty verbiage they use (in 4 reviews)

1. Loved working there

Former Employee - Case Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Case Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved that the office gave us so many paid days during the end of the year. Thanksgiving & Day after PAID, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day PAID & New Year's Eve & New Year's Day PAID. This allowed me to have time to visit my family during the holidays. Great pay & bonus plans

Cons

It's a fast paced environment. The day goes by SO fast. If you cannot handle that, this is not the company for you.....

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!!!!

I will just keep it brief

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

It's a job, the hours are perfect

Cons

Not a career, no room for growth, poor compensation.

Advice to Management

Do better

3. VA Legal Assistant

Former Employee - VA Legal Assistant in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Former Employee - VA Legal Assistant in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg (More than a year)

Pros

Gained experience that landed me my current position at a different company. That's about it. You will learn real skills...that will get you a career somewhere else. Most of the positive reviews were written by the company.

Cons

No breaks. No snacks, food or drinks at your desk. No windows. Lunch is an unpaid hour that the whole company takes at the same time. They claim they helped pay for benefits...but the deductions were almost half the check. They force you to join the 401k plan, but you font best until 5 years later...which by then you would've gotten fired or quit...so seems like they're making money off your money. Moral is low. 5 days paid vacation...but you must use your unpaid 5 days first. National holidays are UNPAID. I can go on. Basically the entire company is a joke.

Advice to Management

I have no advice. They wouldn't listen to it anyway.

Case Developer

Former Employee - Legal Assistant/Case Developer - Disability Claims in Plantation, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg (More than a year)

Pros

You are able to work on your own initiatives.

Cons

Micro managed by uneducated individuals with no management skills/training who looks at numbers and charts. Workload impossible to deal with. Workers have to work dishonestly to keep their job.

Advice to Management

They are not worth a min of my time.

Use this position to get a job at a functional law firm

Former Employee - Legal Assistant
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

business casual dress code, getting to use the name of a law firm on your resume to get you in the door at a decently run law firm, experience to determine if you want to stay in the legal field,

Cons

IT system (LOTUS) glitched on a weekly basis forcing mandatory (unpaid) breaks, unpaid time off must be taken before paid time off (this may have changed), people in management lacking any credentials (i.e. HR manager that hasn't taken ANY coursework in HR), cameras are everywhere and that's because this company assumes people don't want to work (which says a lot about how they feel about people), inconsistent management, company policy changes are written informally over email, case developers constantly reassigned to new teams and given a workload that's quite demanding,

A lot of people pass the buck of responsibility because if you decide to be mature and accept responsibility for something that went wrong, you get fired.

Disgraceful Company

Former Employee - Hardworking Employee in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Hardworking Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Only pro is the fact that I'm no longer there. Thank heaven for that!!

Cons

From top to all the way down. Owners and management team are a joke. They spent over 2 hours fighting and appealing my unemployment and still loss. The big clown on campus they had running the circus walked out on them. The place is going in the dumps from what I'm hearing. Only positive reviews are fabricated by management.

Advice to Management

Karma is real. I really wish I could wish you good luck. Sharks will continue to eat. Greed is a sin.

It's too late for me, but save yourself!

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Ummmm... pros? The delicious plantain chips in the vending machine. They keep the AC at 75 degrees which is nice if you have a big cozy sweater. The bathrooms are always clean. Once a year they MIGHT buy the employees lunch... That's something to wait for all year.

Cons

Everything else. No room for growth with the company... No raises or over-time AT ALL. You're actually punished for going over 40 hours a week. The compensation is barely enough to feed your family. One of the owners is cool and funny, the other one is a mean donkey. The managers and attorneys have their noses in the air like they're better than everyone. They laid off 1/2 of the employees... 200 to 100 people. Not only do employees hate the company, their own clients don't even like them. I wouldn't skip right over this company when you're sending out your resume... Just don't even get involved. Don't get sucked in and make it a part of your life. There aren't any windows in this place... It's like they think birds flying by or the weather will distract employees too much. You will die a little inside every time you log into the out-dated computer system and see that little blue loading circle go around and around.

Advice to Management

What management?

the company is a a great company, but management is just HORRIBLE.

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

they gave me the experience to find a better job at a professional law firm

Cons

MANAGEMENT - There are a lot of uneducated people in management that does not know their right hand from their left. If you are not being hired as an atty or in a position in management, I would not recommend that you work there. PTO sucks as well.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to hire people with Managerial experience.

10. High paced

Current Employee - Case Developer
    Current Employee - Case Developer

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Great people to work with. High paced environment and you learn a lot.

Cons

The workload is very heavy. High call volume.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

11. Why

Current Employee - Agent in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Plantation, FL

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Great pay, down to earth people, everyday is a learning experience.

Cons

They are firing everyone. Makes a worker have anxiety not a stable company. ..only for short term.

Advice to Management

Get someone that actually know what they are doing to run the case ghost department.

RSS Feed </> Embed