LaVan & Neidenberg

Updated January 13, 2015
3.4

LaVan & Neidenberg Founder & President Kenneth L. LaVan
Kenneth L. LaVan

Pros
  • If you like a structured work environment that is organized then you would enjoy working here (in 7 reviews)

• Hard work is noticed and you are shown gratitude from management and ownership (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • For my specific position, there is no room for growth (in 3 reviews)

• not a real law firm you work for a call center "outsourcing company" the pretty verbiage they use (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

High paced

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Great people to work with. High paced environment and you learn a lot.

Cons

The workload is very heavy. High call volume.

Listen to employees

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is an excellent company to work for. I enjoy coming to work and not many people can say this about their jobs. In addition, I have a wonderful boss :-) There is plenty of opportunity and stability for those that truly want to work. I reviewed the comments on here prior to working for the company; however, I decided to experience it for myself once an offer was made. I'm glad I did because the negative comments are not a true reflection of this company.

Cons

None - I'm happy here :-)

Management is doing an overall wonderful job!

Why

Current Employee - Agent in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Plantation, FL

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Great pay, down to earth people, everyday is a learning experience.

Cons

They are firing everyone. Makes a worker have anxiety not a stable company. ..only for short term.

Get someone that actually know what they are doing to run the case ghost department.

I Love working here!

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Managers are very considerate, colleagues are friendly and willing to help one another. Career opportunities here are plentiful. co-workers are fun to work with, pay is great.

Cons

Can lose touch with the entry level employees who do the brunt of the work. Schedule is always changing.

Land of opportunity

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compassionate HR; reasonable managers; leadership inspires confidence, even through the government shutdown. The owners are fair with respect to compensation; if you can demonstrate that you are worth more to the company than you currently make, they will compensate you accordingly. Company-wide events include our Halloween Spooktacular, Thanksgiving celebrations, annual meetings, etc. Permissive dress code; jeans and sneakers are permitted all week long.

Cons

If you don't like the challenge of becoming more efficient by practice - due to a workload that can be overwhelming at times - then this is not the company for you. Perks are few and far between, until you become a Manager or higher. Frankly, someone who does not like going full-speed from 8 am to 5 pm (with an unpaid hour for lunch) will probably not like working here. We like everyone to work at optimum while they are on the clock. Those that do not, tend to move on within a year. Stress varies from department to department.

Get more creative with incentives.

Call Center instead of Law Office

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I wish I could think of any. Other than a small paycheck there are not any. Close to subways. Close to Winn Dixie.

Cons

low wages, inconsistent dress code, work load does not match pay, poor management, not enough parking, the goals and expectations are not in line with the salary. The company is rigid about punctuality but being in a busy area of Fort Lauderdale/Plantation and having limited parking in a strip mall makes it difficult to be on time. All employees take breaks (which they only recently started allowing) and lunch at the same time. The entire company!! Never had I ever worked at a place where every employees goes to lunch and break at the same time, which all creates traffic in the parking lot. At 5pm you have to see how fast everyone is ready to leave. You can not have any snacks at your desk. You can't go to break area to get coffee or tea unless it is designated break time or lunch. The place is run like a jail or daycare center. Never have seen such a fearful group of employees. On Fridays everyone has to log out at 4:45 pm for the mandatory computer/desk wipe down disinfectecting process. They constantly pull reps of the phone to fill paperwork which makes no sense. There is definitely a problem when a company has overtime available and employees has to be asked to work. People dread working there. The jobs are considering customer service but the complexity and skills required for the positions there are so advanced and technical. The job should be paying between $18- $25 dollars. Believe me when I tell you these are not your typical customer service jobs. You have to pick up a lot of information with very short training. The training is a joke. This company loves to write people up. The so called holiday party was more of a company meeting to talk shop and revenue. And for refreshments for this after work mandatory meeting, we had cookies and sodas to eat. Not pizza, not anything catered, not even Subway's (which is a neighbor to the business) sandwiches. We had to buy our own company shirt. Probation is 90 days. Also be prepared for the sad, bleak, emotional calls from clients that are dealing with emotional, physical, mental, and financial issues as they are awaiting information on their disability claims. My heart was ripped out constantly by the calls. Some of the clients are home bound or have very little contact with anyone. They are so glad to just to speak to someone and be heard. This company has very poor follow-up with their clients and long hold times. Just overall not a good place to work. You will see potential employees come in for an interview and then a shadow day. But the smart ones do not return. I have never felt so undervalued and disrespected at a company. The stress and micromanagement was too much. The culture here is odd and it is unlike any other customer service experience seen.

The company is really a call center for a bunch of lawyers. Even though the reps never see the clients there are dress codes. At one point they insisted none of the men (only about 15 in the entire call center) had to cut off all beards, goatees and mustaches. They actually walk around and examine how high the heel is on some females shoes. The platform heels are frowned upon by managers. They actually reprimand reps for spending too much time on the phone with clients.

You have to be very dedicated and hardworking to last.

Current Employee - Case Developer

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good. There is very nice people to work with and learn from.

Cons

Office is run like a call center. Attorneys do not care about turn around rate, they do not care about individuals and management micromanages the teams.

Listen to your employees. Be more caring.

Terrible!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plantation, FL

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (less than a year)

Pros

schedule, location, professional, okay base pay. I cant stand this place, people are childish and im only here until i get a healthcare job.

Cons

alot of work, insufficient training, should be paid for than $14 p/h, i can do better. I cant stand this place, people are childish and im only here until i get a healthcare job.

stop being cheap, lessen the work load or pay more. I cant stand this place, people are childish and im only here until i get a healthcare job.

Stable & Growing Company

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time

Pros

The company is stable and keeps growing. The type of employees that advance here are those that want to be here for a career (not just a job) and want to do an exceptional job. Take pride in your work and you will succeed here. They hire for most of the higher level positions from within the company. If you like a structured work environment that is organized then you would enjoy working here.

Cons

The building itself only has windows in the front.

Keep hiring applicants that want to be here for a career.

Amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is willing to train and work with you. As long as you are serious, dedicated and take pride in your work, you will succeed. Company has great benefits and rewards you when doing a job well done. Very fast paced company, but you have a lot of great people to work with! The company cares about their employees and is willing to go the extra mile to mold you!

Cons

At times there are system glitches that can cause a delay in your work, very rarely though.

Keep building team spirit, and fight for the staff! : )

LaVan & Neidenberg Photos