LaVan & Neidenberg

Updated February 11, 2015
3.1

LaVan & Neidenberg Founder & President Kenneth L. LaVan
Kenneth L. LaVan

Pros
  • If you like a structured work environment that is organized then you would enjoy working here (in 7 reviews)

• Hard work is noticed and you are shown gratitude from management and ownership (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • For my specific position, there is no room for growth (in 3 reviews)

• not a real law firm you work for a call center "outsourcing company" the pretty verbiage they use (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

High paced

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Great people to work with. High paced environment and you learn a lot.

Cons

The workload is very heavy. High call volume.

Listen to employees

the company is a a great company, but management is just HORRIBLE.

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

they gave me the experience to find a better job at a professional law firm

Cons

MANAGEMENT - There are a lot of uneducated people in management that does not know their right hand from their left. If you are not being hired as an atty or in a position in management, I would not recommend that you work there. PTO sucks as well.

Upper management needs to hire people with Managerial experience.

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is an excellent company to work for. I enjoy coming to work and not many people can say this about their jobs. In addition, I have a wonderful boss :-) There is plenty of opportunity and stability for those that truly want to work. I reviewed the comments on here prior to working for the company; however, I decided to experience it for myself once an offer was made. I'm glad I did because the negative comments are not a true reflection of this company.

Cons

None - I'm happy here :-)

Management is doing an overall wonderful job!

Horrible! Absolutely Horrible

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You'll always be busy because there is so much stuff to get done. Not that big of a company which means everyone knows everyone. Over all, a job is a job. Just don't tell everyone your business, go in, do your work and get out.

Cons

Concentration/sweat shop style environment. The only way you get recognition here is if you mess up and even then, favoritism is largely displayed. So only those that they don't like get fired. Upper management is a joke, the leads are illiterate at best. No form of training on how to be managers. Low pay for a lot of work, no over time when it's really needed. And the fraud that's committed here is disgruntling. Run very far away from this place.

How about actual training on how to be better managers!

Run!!!!

Former Employee - Case Developer in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Case Developer in Plantation, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros for this company. Very poorly managed and they grossly underpay employees.

Cons

This company does not care about its clients, employees or partners. The attorneys do not review the files until 48 hours prior to the disability hearings. Clients are told that an attorney will be presenting them at their hearing although the attorneys have not passed the bar. The employees are consistently told by middle and upper management that "you are replaceable". The CEOs are very mentally abusive and dishonest. The CEOs will submit fictitious disciplinary documents supposedly signed by prior employees as to assure that unemployment claims are rejected. Very distrustful, tasteless company. There is no growth within this company. Terrible working environment.

Stop being dishonest. Refund your clients their money and give it to the paralegals as the attorneys do nothing.

Why

Current Employee - Agent in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Plantation, FL

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Great pay, down to earth people, everyday is a learning experience.

Cons

They are firing everyone. Makes a worker have anxiety not a stable company. ..only for short term.

Get someone that actually know what they are doing to run the case ghost department.

I Love working here!

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg

Pros

Managers are very considerate, colleagues are friendly and willing to help one another. Career opportunities here are plentiful. co-workers are fun to work with, pay is great.

Cons

Can lose touch with the entry level employees who do the brunt of the work. Schedule is always changing.

Land of opportunity

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compassionate HR; reasonable managers; leadership inspires confidence, even through the government shutdown. The owners are fair with respect to compensation; if you can demonstrate that you are worth more to the company than you currently make, they will compensate you accordingly. Company-wide events include our Halloween Spooktacular, Thanksgiving celebrations, annual meetings, etc. Permissive dress code; jeans and sneakers are permitted all week long.

Cons

If you don't like the challenge of becoming more efficient by practice - due to a workload that can be overwhelming at times - then this is not the company for you. Perks are few and far between, until you become a Manager or higher. Frankly, someone who does not like going full-speed from 8 am to 5 pm (with an unpaid hour for lunch) will probably not like working here. We like everyone to work at optimum while they are on the clock. Those that do not, tend to move on within a year. Stress varies from department to department.

Get more creative with incentives.

Call Center instead of Law Office

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I wish I could think of any. Other than a small paycheck there are not any. Close to subways. Close to Winn Dixie.

Cons

low wages, inconsistent dress code, work load does not match pay, poor management, not enough parking, the goals and expectations are not in line with the salary. The company is rigid about punctuality but being in a busy area of Fort Lauderdale/Plantation and having limited parking in a strip mall makes it difficult to be on time. All employees take breaks (which they only recently started allowing) and lunch at the same time. The entire company!! Never had I ever worked at a place where every employees goes to lunch and break at the same time, which all creates traffic in the parking lot. At 5pm you have to see how fast everyone is ready to leave. You can not have any snacks at your desk. You can't go to break area to get coffee or tea unless it is designated break time or lunch. The place is run like a jail or daycare center. Never have seen such a fearful group of employees. On Fridays everyone has to log out at 4:45 pm for the mandatory computer/desk wipe down disinfectecting process. They constantly pull reps of the phone to fill paperwork which makes no sense. There is definitely a problem when a company has overtime available and employees has to be asked to work. People dread working there. The jobs are considering customer service but the complexity and skills required for the positions there are so advanced and technical. The job should be paying between $18- $25 dollars. Believe me when I tell you these are not your typical customer service jobs. You have to pick up a lot of information with very short training. The training is a joke. This company loves to write people up. The so called holiday party was more of a company meeting to talk shop and revenue. And for refreshments for this after work mandatory meeting, we had cookies and sodas to eat. Not pizza, not anything catered, not even Subway's (which is a neighbor to the business) sandwiches. We had to buy our own company shirt. Probation is 90 days. Also be prepared for the sad, bleak, emotional calls from clients that are dealing with emotional, physical, mental, and financial issues as they are awaiting information on their disability claims. My heart was ripped out constantly by the calls. Some of the clients are home bound or have very little contact with anyone. They are so glad to just to speak to someone and be heard. This company has very poor follow-up with their clients and long hold times. Just overall not a good place to work. You will see potential employees come in for an interview and then a shadow day. But the smart ones do not return. I have never felt so undervalued and disrespected at a company. The stress and micromanagement was too much. The culture here is odd and it is unlike any other customer service experience seen.

The company is really a call center for a bunch of lawyers. Even though the reps never see the clients there are dress codes. At one point they insisted none of the men (only about 15 in the entire call center) had to cut off all beards, goatees and mustaches. They actually walk around and examine how high the heel is on some females shoes. The platform heels are frowned upon by managers. They actually reprimand reps for spending too much time on the phone with clients.

You have to be very dedicated and hardworking to last.

Current Employee - Case Developer

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good. There is very nice people to work with and learn from.

Cons

Office is run like a call center. Attorneys do not care about turn around rate, they do not care about individuals and management micromanages the teams.

Listen to your employees. Be more caring.

LaVan & Neidenberg Photos