Lab Support

Be The First To
Add Photos

Contract Lab Technician for Cargill

Minneapolis, MN

ProsThe recruiters are very kind and eager to help. They quickly found me a job with Cargill. I have made really great friends and truly enjoy the people I work with. They have decent pay for a contract company and have better incentives in shorter time frames.

ConsThere are no sick days or vacation days. There are times when I have felt slightly forgotten about. I was told I would have a lunch bought for me and it never happened. I was told they would e-mail my information to an office in a different state, but that also hasn't happened. I feel overqualified and board with my current contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementMatch clients better to open positions. Be sure to put your reminders on your calender so that promised meeting are not missed and forgotten.

The staff have been so helpful and great at checking in and making sure I'm having a good experience.

San Diego, CA

ProsThey are professional, prompt, and organized. About a week after I met with a representative at a school job fair, that representative called me back and worked with me until I found work.

ConsI believe they only deal with part time work supporting research facilities, but the experience is still valuable! And great for if you're still in school.

Good company with great benefits

ProsGet your own office
    Staffed with degreed, scientific professionals so you get to work with your peers
    teamwork environment
    The work is challenging, but rewarding, especially if you are a goal oriented person and like to regularly exceed your target goals (revenue goals, number of hires, etc.)
    Many long-term employees still with the company
    Great opportunity to network and build relationships with many different people and organizations.

ConsLimited career growth opportunities. People tend to stay in one title/position for many years. Only a select few are able to advance.
    Fast-paced with medium to high pressure

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful and difficult to get in contact with staff

Prosthey have many locations throughout

ConsPlace you in a job irrelevant to your field, low pay and very little hours

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to put employees in positions that are relevant to what they have experience in

Don't waste your time. Find another staffing company.

ProsWorks really hard at finding you a placement.I interviewed and they placed me with a company within a week.

ConsOnce they placed me I was left on my own. Lab Support placed me with a company that seemed really great initially. I worked for a few weeks without complaints then at the end of a week they just moved me to a different location and not in a position not in my contract. I called Lab Support they said they would take care of it they did not. They told the company they did not know why I did not show up and I had not been in contact with them.They would not return my calls or emails and would not find me a new placement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your recruiters are following up with their contracted employees and their concerns.

People first is their motto and I believed it

Lab Technician (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsI really enjoyed working with this company. They were always in touch trying to ensure that I was satisfied with my position and that everything was working out ok. In between assignments I was able to touch base with them and they were always willing to help me out.

ConsI could not think of any down sides to this company

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Good for short term work.

Saint Louis, MO

ProsEligible to earn vacation time every 9 months or so.
    Paid weekly

ConsBenefits very expensive
    No responses when asked to be assigned at different location

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Multiple assignments, always happy with their performance

Lab Technician (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsRecruiters are professional, transparent about compensation, and treat contractors well in general.

ConsNone come to mind at the moment

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great company culture, competitive pay structure.

Associate Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsThe incentive structure for recruiters and account executives is very lucrative if you're willing to put in the work. My base salary is higher than comparable positions with other companies. Management is the right balance of "hands-on" and "hands-off". Great company culture and very friendly co-workers.

ConsMore paid holiday time is always nice. 401(k) plan could be better (higher matching percentage). There is a stock purchasing plan, but the discount offered to employees isn't that great.

Great place to start...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery laid back approach to recruiting, and pretty fast paced atmosphere which keeps you on your toes/keeps your attention span.

ConsManagement higher up is weak - they communicate well but don't necessarily take into consideration what the recruiters ask for or suggest. It is almost like they are going through the motions of their job, reaching out to their lower workers just because they have to.

Worked for Lab Support? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lab Support reviews and ratings. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Lab Support employees.