Lab Support Reviews

CEO

Good Entry-Level

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great entry-level position to get your feet wet in sales. With a good commission structure and a winning culture, this is a company that only has growth in its future

Cons

If you do not have a scientific based degree, you could face some difficulty understanding some of the lingo. However, the training programs more than help coach you towards success!

Advice to Management

Continue to reward and recognize your employees. Your growth model and process works! Do not deviate from the model as all companies should function like this.

2. Not recommended

Former Employee - R&D Lab Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - R&D Lab Technician in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once a recruiter gets hold of your resume, they are relatively quick in contacting you with opportunities and in scheduling interviews. Compensation was reasonable for a low-level contract lab tech position. I was placed with a company with which I am very happy and was actually brought on full time at a higher position once my contract ended. Good for "getting your foot in the door," so to speak.

Cons

There is little to no communication between Lab Support and their contract employees once placed in a contract position. The only resource provided is the Contractor Care phone line, and the help given is inconsistent and, on two occasions, the information provided was actually wrong. However, the largest "con" I experienced was their benefits system, which is atrocious. Upon being hired I was given no information about benefits and their availability. Thankfully, I inquired with my recruiter who told me they were available, but actually electing into the benefits offered (Dental and vision are good, health coverage is extremely expensive if you want decent coverage) was not easy or streamlined (I was given erroneous information by a Contractor Care representative, and upon submission I received no confirmation regarding the receipt of my paperwork, despite inquiring). Upon completion of my contract and the resulting termination of benefits, I have received little to no information regarding continuation coverage, despite reaching out to multiple people on several different occasions.

Advice to Management

Fix your benefits options and the process used to elect into them. Streamline the process for COBRA continuation coverage. Increase and improve the communication with your contractors. Enhance the training provided to your Contractor Care specialists.

3. Great place to gain experience and learn both sales and recruiting as well as gain overall business acumen.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lab Support full-time

Pros

The company invested in it's employees by providing training and development opportunities. Team members were responsible for their own clients and candidates and trusted to grow their territory.

Cons

Leadership was dysfunctional at times when the executives would disagree on strategy creating confusion for branch staff. Additionally, management did not move quickly enough to either correct or terminate poorly performing team members which ended up demotivating high performers.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people for success.

5. Good foot in the door if you have low standards

Current Employee - Lab Technician
    Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at Lab Support

Pros

Organized and helpful when you reach out to them

Cons

pay is low. There is no personal time. Companies can extend the contract to as long as they desire.

Advice to Management

increase pay to competitive

6. A nice place if u get a placement

I have been working at Lab Support

Pros

quick interview, professional staff, opportunities are in a varying amount of fields, easy to get to location.

Cons

placement times vary a lot, benefits are provided by lab support not the company, some of the placements are below entry level

Horrible, worst recruiter to work for

I worked at Lab Support

Pros

None, very little to say that is good about this headhunter

Cons

Extremely slow job placement, bad prospects and opportunities, bad advice, very little response, bad staff and very unprofessional. Overall, bad company to allow to try to find you a job and bad company to get part of your paycheck

Advice to Management

Go bankrupt, fire employees, get new management and consider new hiring practices

Good

I have been working at Lab Support

Pros

Fast placement and very attentive

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep working hard for clients and contractors

9. chemist

I have been working at Lab Support

Pros

work independent and learn new stuff

Cons

work 45 hours a week

Contract Lab Technician for Cargill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Lab Support (More than a year)

Pros

The recruiters are very kind and eager to help. They quickly found me a job with Cargill. I have made really great friends and truly enjoy the people I work with. They have decent pay for a contract company and have better incentives in shorter time frames.

Cons

There are no sick days or vacation days. There are times when I have felt slightly forgotten about. I was told I would have a lunch bought for me and it never happened. I was told they would e-mail my information to an office in a different state, but that also hasn't happened. I feel overqualified and board with my current contract.

Advice to Management

Match clients better to open positions. Be sure to put your reminders on your calender so that promised meeting are not missed and forgotten.

11. The staff have been so helpful and great at checking in and making sure I'm having a good experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lab Support part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are professional, prompt, and organized. About a week after I met with a representative at a school job fair, that representative called me back and worked with me until I found work.

Cons

I believe they only deal with part time work supporting research facilities, but the experience is still valuable! And great for if you're still in school.

RSS Feed </> Embed