Lab Support Reviews

CEO

Good Entry-Level

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great entry-level position to get your feet wet in sales. With a good commission structure and a winning culture, this is a company that only has growth in its future

Cons

If you do not have a scientific based degree, you could face some difficulty understanding some of the lingo. However, the training programs more than help coach you towards success!

Advice to Management

Continue to reward and recognize your employees. Your growth model and process works! Do not deviate from the model as all companies should function like this.

2. Sr. Recruiter

I worked at Lab Support full-time

Pros

Good peopel and company because Apex System joined

Cons

All about numbers and running your own business

3. Account Manager

I have been working at Lab Support full-time

Pros

Free reign to get out of the office and go on sales meetings. They actually want you to be out of the office as much as possible. Hiring more young people. Improving their internal policies.

Cons

Earning potential is totally dependent on your location. Some locations are simply more lucrative than others. Doesn't pay a great base so they hire a lot of new grads which populates the company with people who don't have a ton of sales/recruiting experience. Lab Support loses a good deal of business because they can't deliver fast enough. Internal training is very impersonal and not effective

Advice to Management

Pay sales people more to attract better talent. Improve training by making the groups smaller and more scientifically focused.

5. N/A

Current Employee - California in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - California in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Lab Support

Pros

Decent health benefits. Sometimes there are fun events Onsite Gym. They do promote healthy living. Free Coffee

Cons

Horrible work atmosphere since acquisition of apex. Work place morale has gone way downhill since layoffs. Terrible compensation plan. Will find any reason to deny you your earned bonuses. No room for growth. No way to move laterally within company. Changes made every 6 weeks or so to compensation plan... Never in your favor

Advice to Management

Come up with a better compensation plan, and give your employees what they deserve. Stop changing things every x amount of months.

6. Not recommended

Former Employee - R&D Lab Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - R&D Lab Technician in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once a recruiter gets hold of your resume, they are relatively quick in contacting you with opportunities and in scheduling interviews. Compensation was reasonable for a low-level contract lab tech position. I was placed with a company with which I am very happy and was actually brought on full time at a higher position once my contract ended. Good for "getting your foot in the door," so to speak.

Cons

There is little to no communication between Lab Support and their contract employees once placed in a contract position. The only resource provided is the Contractor Care phone line, and the help given is inconsistent and, on two occasions, the information provided was actually wrong. However, the largest "con" I experienced was their benefits system, which is atrocious. Upon being hired I was given no information about benefits and their availability. Thankfully, I inquired with my recruiter who told me they were available, but actually electing into the benefits offered (Dental and vision are good, health coverage is extremely expensive if you want decent coverage) was not easy or streamlined (I was given erroneous information by a Contractor Care representative, and upon submission I received no confirmation regarding the receipt of my paperwork, despite inquiring). Upon completion of my contract and the resulting termination of benefits, I have received little to no information regarding continuation coverage, despite reaching out to multiple people on several different occasions.

Advice to Management

Fix your benefits options and the process used to elect into them. Streamline the process for COBRA continuation coverage. Increase and improve the communication with your contractors. Enhance the training provided to your Contractor Care specialists.

7. Great place to gain experience and learn both sales and recruiting as well as gain overall business acumen.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lab Support full-time

Pros

The company invested in it's employees by providing training and development opportunities. Team members were responsible for their own clients and candidates and trusted to grow their territory.

Cons

Leadership was dysfunctional at times when the executives would disagree on strategy creating confusion for branch staff. Additionally, management did not move quickly enough to either correct or terminate poorly performing team members which ended up demotivating high performers.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people for success.

8. Good foot in the door if you have low standards

Current Employee - Lab Technician
    Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at Lab Support

Pros

Organized and helpful when you reach out to them

Cons

pay is low. There is no personal time. Companies can extend the contract to as long as they desire.

Advice to Management

increase pay to competitive

9. A nice place if u get a placement

I have been working at Lab Support

Pros

quick interview, professional staff, opportunities are in a varying amount of fields, easy to get to location.

Cons

placement times vary a lot, benefits are provided by lab support not the company, some of the placements are below entry level

Horrible, worst recruiter to work for

I worked at Lab Support

Pros

None, very little to say that is good about this headhunter

Cons

Extremely slow job placement, bad prospects and opportunities, bad advice, very little response, bad staff and very unprofessional. Overall, bad company to allow to try to find you a job and bad company to get part of your paycheck

Advice to Management

Go bankrupt, fire employees, get new management and consider new hiring practices

Good

I have been working at Lab Support

Pros

Fast placement and very attentive

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep working hard for clients and contractors

RSS Feed </> Embed