LabAnswer

Mark Everding

excellent culture and management

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at LabAnswer full-time (less than an year)

Pros

excellent management, great culture, customer focused, long term focused, good benefits, good pay, excellent career opportunities, growing, good people.

Cons

tough market, small company, high turnover of consultants, benefits OK, 401K vesting schedule is slow, no global presence, no offices in US

keep growing

Okay

Current Employee - Informatics Consultant

I have been working at LabAnswer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cool field, nice coworkers. It's pretty reliable work in a growing field. Lots of things you can learn while being here.

Cons

Expectation of giving up your personal life completely to grow. You can easily stay where you are but expect 50+ hours a week to even have a chance at crawling up rhe ladder.

Chill out

Fake it til you make it

Former Employee - Informatics Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Informatics Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at LabAnswer full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The owner, president were there when the company was driven by integrity, and a drive to truly work for the client to make them happy so I believe that if the cleaned house especially with senior managers the company would be an amazing place to work again.

Cons

Senior manager are great sales people selling new associates on bad work ethics, mentoring, bonuses and teamwork as well as clients on invalid work. I have seen this first hand as well as SH in the workplace. I sent the harassment complaint to HR with no result so be careful.

No management advice since they would just blow it off and sell everyone on how much of a lie what is said is. I think the upper powers to be need to give a review on the orientation that is given and make management take a lie detector test.

Hyper focus on profit

Current Employee - Informatics Consultant

I have been working at LabAnswer

Pros

Great experience, great colleagues, engaged management.

Cons

Management makes a lot of empty promises, compensation dramatically lacks behind competitors, focus on profits over people.

Focus on organic growth rather than forced. Don't play games with quality people.

Great Entry-Level Opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Informatics Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Informatics Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at LabAnswer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very engaged senior management. Friendly and helpful coworkers. Training and mentoring are a big part of position. Good benefits. Opportunity for advancement.

Cons

The company is performance based so you really need to work hard to excel, some people get frustrated when they don't want to go the extra mile.

Terrible

I worked at LabAnswer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, good area. You learn a few things.

Cons

Terrible turnover rate, pay, work-life balance. If you fall victim and work there, leave after a year. Your pay, benefits, and job will be much better after getting your foot into the industry. Management is dishonest about career path, pay, and the work you will be doing. They promise that you will work from home when you are a consultant but they never follow through, and they never want you to leave the central office. Lies, lies, and more lies.

Resign

LabAnswer is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at LabAnswer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LabAnswer is a dynamic company with opportunities to expand your skillset and become a great consultant. The support network within the company is incredible.

Cons

If you do not like to travel, this type of consulting work will not suit you.

keep your values, keep treating your employees as well as you do, keep your bi-annual employee meetings.

You get out what you put in.....

Current Employee - Principal Informatics Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Informatics Consultant

I have been working at LabAnswer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have found that what I get out of the job is dependent on the effort I put into it, both in satisfaction and compensation. LabAnswer gives you the freedom to be independent, you can run things as you believe they need to be run for projects to be successful.

I have worked for 6+ companies and I find the comraderie at LabAnswer to be better than any other company I have worked at. There is always someone that has an answer and is willing to help, if you ask for it.

I have also found that my compensation is closely tied to the value I bring to the company. Getting a competitive salary is not just based on being an employee of the company, it requires me to show that I provide value to the company. This pushes me to keep my skills up to date.

Cons

Employees are spread out across the USA and the world. Therefore it can be a challenge to keep up relationships with colleagues. Project sites are spread out as well. Travel can be overwhelming at times, but I have found that if the customer sees that I am able to work remotely and get things done I do not have to travel as often.

Amazing team that makes a difference.

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at LabAnswer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

"Family" of brilliant, dedicated, and creative people who care about their clients, work hard, and actually do make a difference by making it easier for others to bring the aid, cure, or convenience their own customers need.

Pay is competitive, bonuses are generous, benefits are very good.

Cons

There are very few genuine cons. Travel can be tiresome, but the fact that clients and locations change helps to soften the blow.

LabAnswer - A company like no other

Current Employee - Senior Informatics Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Informatics Consultant

I have been working at LabAnswer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been an employee at LabAnswer for a very long time and I can confidently say that the negative reviews on this site reek of self-entitlement and self-pity. LabAnswer is a company where you can rise through the ranks, but only if you are willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears. Length of employment, mediocrity and self-serving agendas are looked down upon and severely discouraged. The management believe in the philosophy of the company and strive to make it a wonderful work environment. It is a company that is facing growth and surely there are missteps, but nothing that the employee community can't help rally together and rectify.

Big Pros -
    Culture and the absolute buy in at all levels
    Family atmosphere - the management strives to create a personal relationship with each employee
    Employees - Smart, sharp, bright, upbeat - sincerely some of the best I have worked with
    Flexible hours - As long as needs are communicated ahead of time and client needs are not impacted, you are free to make your own hours. Treated like responsible adults
    Team Attitude - Everyone is willing to help. If there is a new problem, people will call in provide support off hours to ensure that you are successful
    Management - Share all financial and sales information on monthly calls. You are encouraged to reach out and ask questions

Cons

Work Life Balance - Have to be mindful. If you don't watch yourself. It is easy to over-commit. Pace yourself
    Virtual teams - Would love to meet folks and spend more time one on one, but such is the life of a consultant

Please keep up the good work. The Culture of this company is what differentiates us from the competition. Grow from within (as far as possible) so that this important market differentiator can make us the best and the brightest.