LabAnswer

Mark Everding

Great Entry-Level Opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Informatics Associate  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Informatics Associate in Orlando, FL

Pros

Very engaged senior management. Friendly and helpful coworkers. Training and mentoring are a big part of position. Good benefits. Opportunity for advancement.

Cons

The company is performance based so you really need to work hard to excel, some people get frustrated when they don't want to go the extra mile.

LabAnswer is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

Pros

LabAnswer is a dynamic company with opportunities to expand your skillset and become a great consultant. The support network within the company is incredible.

Cons

If you do not like to travel, this type of consulting work will not suit you.

keep your values, keep treating your employees as well as you do, keep your bi-annual employee meetings.

Stay away, far away

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

If you are a recent university grad you will most likely work with people your age.

Cons

Management is dishonest and has no regard for integrity, despite the company slogan. If they give you a timeline for promotion, expect that to be delayed as frequently as possible by management. They want people to stay at the informatics position because it is profitable to do so. If you make the leap from associate to consultant you really aren't treated like a real consultant, it's a title they give out to try and reduce their terrible turnover rate. If you are promoted to consultant from the associate position, you are not treated like a consultant with their benefits of traveling, and being able to live where you want. You stay at the central office as they come up with ridiculous reasons as to why you can't leave and work from home. Every other consultant works from home, but you cannot.

Managment may ask you to do some unethical things and engages in unethical behavior with their employees, competitors, and clients. Do not sink to their level. Heard a few horror stories from a few peers.

For those interested in programming look elsewhere. You won't doing much of that as an associate. If you want to get noticed within the company be prepared to work an extra 10-20 hours a week for an extended period of time. Some of this extra work may not be paid!

At least try to be honest.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You get out what you put in.....

Current Employee - Principal Informatics Consultant

Pros

I have found that what I get out of the job is dependent on the effort I put into it, both in satisfaction and compensation. LabAnswer gives you the freedom to be independent, you can run things as you believe they need to be run for projects to be successful.

I have worked for 6+ companies and I find the comraderie at LabAnswer to be better than any other company I have worked at. There is always someone that has an answer and is willing to help, if you ask for it.

I have also found that my compensation is closely tied to the value I bring to the company. Getting a competitive salary is not just based on being an employee of the company, it requires me to show that I provide value to the company. This pushes me to keep my skills up to date.

Cons

Employees are spread out across the USA and the world. Therefore it can be a challenge to keep up relationships with colleagues. Project sites are spread out as well. Travel can be overwhelming at times, but I have found that if the customer sees that I am able to work remotely and get things done I do not have to travel as often.

Amazing team that makes a difference.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

"Family" of brilliant, dedicated, and creative people who care about their clients, work hard, and actually do make a difference by making it easier for others to bring the aid, cure, or convenience their own customers need.

Pay is competitive, bonuses are generous, benefits are very good.

Cons

There are very few genuine cons. Travel can be tiresome, but the fact that clients and locations change helps to soften the blow.

LabAnswer - A company like no other

Current Employee - Senior Informatics Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Informatics Consultant

Pros

I have been an employee at LabAnswer for a very long time and I can confidently say that the negative reviews on this site reek of self-entitlement and self-pity. LabAnswer is a company where you can rise through the ranks, but only if you are willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears. Length of employment, mediocrity and self-serving agendas are looked down upon and severely discouraged. The management believe in the philosophy of the company and strive to make it a wonderful work environment. It is a company that is facing growth and surely there are missteps, but nothing that the employee community can't help rally together and rectify.

Big Pros -
    Culture and the absolute buy in at all levels
    Family atmosphere - the management strives to create a personal relationship with each employee
    Employees - Smart, sharp, bright, upbeat - sincerely some of the best I have worked with
    Flexible hours - As long as needs are communicated ahead of time and client needs are not impacted, you are free to make your own hours. Treated like responsible adults
    Team Attitude - Everyone is willing to help. If there is a new problem, people will call in provide support off hours to ensure that you are successful
    Management - Share all financial and sales information on monthly calls. You are encouraged to reach out and ask questions

Cons

Work Life Balance - Have to be mindful. If you don't watch yourself. It is easy to over-commit. Pace yourself
    Virtual teams - Would love to meet folks and spend more time one on one, but such is the life of a consultant

Please keep up the good work. The Culture of this company is what differentiates us from the competition. Grow from within (as far as possible) so that this important market differentiator can make us the best and the brightest.

Fast, Growing, Dynamic, Caring Company = Great Job!

Pros

LabAnswer is exciting! It is fast growing and the company cares about its employees and the business in its growth. Most of the management team has grown with the company but the newest management team members seem to care as much about the strong culture as the "old timers". There is a passion for this cutting edge company and niche career choice that I haven't seen in a long time.

Cons

There are growing pains and sometimes it is felt in our processes. The best part about LabAnswer is the proactive manner in which these growing pains are being addressed.

Continue to cultivate the LabAnswer culture and let it evolve to meet the needs of a larger company.

Pros

This company truly functions as a team, with seasoned laboratory informatics professionals, available to support each other while working on the client site. I have been with LabAnswer just over 5 years and have never looked back. This is a company that values its employees and takes great care in helping to develop excellent career path opportunities. Ability to work from hone a plus, bonuses are consistently offered, and the company is growing at a positive rate.

Cons

Most consultants travel 50% or more, but are well compensated by travel bonuses and frequent flyer points.

Keep doing what you are doing - as the company grows, the positive culture MUST be maintained.

Very well thought out strategy and employee concerned approach

Current Employee - Principal Informatics Consultant

Pros

Customer success focused, demands excellence but not perfection, non political (yeah), constantly looking to improve, highlights strengths, ethics and sound business judgement, fun culture that breeds team work

Cons

Consulting and services environment requires stringent documentation of time, leadership is very busy, distributed working environment, occasional difficult customer, business is rapidly growing thus need to hire is constant

Keep up good work, have more lunch and learns, stay true to vision

LabAnswer is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Associate Manager  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Sugar Land, TX

Pros

Fantastic Values
    Fantastic People
    Room To Grow
    A Company That Cares about its People and Clients.....really!
    LabAnswer is more than talk they do what they say...and it is refreshing!

Cons

The company is growing fast....it may be hard to keep the culture and work life balance but I know LabAnswer will work through this with the team culture that is alive and well there.
    I am not sure this is a con really but it is something that could effect the company.
    I have great confidense that LabAnswer will work through those challenges

Keep up the great work!!!

Worked for LabAnswer? Contribute to the Community!