LabCorp
www.labcorp.com Burlington, NC 5000+ Employees

LabCorp Reviews in Burlington, NC

Updated Jun 25, 2014
LabCorp – Irvine – “LabWeek”

LabCorp Chairman & CEO Dave King

Dave King

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good position; terrible mgmt

Project Analyst (Current Employee)
    Burlington, NC

ProsJob is great and secure. Analysis is fulfilling. I feel I contribute greatly to the company with the work I perform. Those in mgmt who know what they're doing are actually really good ppl to work for. They possess leadership skills that others should follow.

ConsPeople move up not by their skills but by who they know and their connections. There are lots of unqualified and incompetent people who I have no earthly idea how they even landed a job into the company. My only conclusion is it's who they know not what they know. With this setback I'm left working alongside some very unprofessional people who lack education and skills and knowledge who therefore finagle their way around until they deceive some unsuspecting manager who has no clue how to do their own job to begin with into hiring them into the department. Before I know it I'm surrounded by waves of idiots who are hired to do the same level job I do yet have no idea what they're doing. And we get paid the same. That's the most insulting part. Pay isn't up to par either. And annual raises are below par.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen pandimonium hits don't panic. More importantly don't react! Plan instead! Mgmt in the billing department react more than they plan. This leads to an unnecessary sense of panic and fear among your employees. Don't hire people just because you know them but hire people who are actually competent and possess enough intelligence to take initiative and get the job done right the first time. Perhaps if you hired people with higher education you would yield better quality results. Of course this would also mean paying better. At least you would get better output than the huge messes created in the billing department.

Work elsewhere

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Burlington, NC

ProsSteady paycheck, benefits, decent pay, good training model

ConsNo employee appreciation, out of touch management, very strict attendance policy, you work a lot of holidays (Christmas Eve included), not a lot of room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employees feel that they are appreciated! That is the #1 reason I left. I wasn't allowed to participate in the one thing you do for your employees "Lab Week" because I was chained to my desk. I had to ask to go to the bathroom like a 5 year old. You treat Christmas Eve like any other work day when most companies give you the whole week off. I understand you work on a hospital schedule, but a thank you would have been nice.

Not the best job

His (Current Employee)

ProsFriends I have made there

ConsNo one is treated the same

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone the sane and with respect. You get better work results that way

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Virology Department

Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee)
    Burlington, NC

ProsLots of opportunities for overtime, small department so its easier to get your time off approved compared to bigger departments

ConsPay is not competitive, no room to move up within the department, have to work lots of overtime during flu season and work weekends during the year so baylors can have days off, lots of drama between coworkers

Great place to learn skills for the future

Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee)
    Burlington, NC

ProsLabCorp gives plenty of time off. Starting off you receive 3 1/2 weeks of time off. They have excellent training to start your job off right.

ConsIt is very difficult to get into leadership positions. There are very few and it take quite a bit of time. The health benefits and pay could also be better for the work that we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider giving your employees better compensation for the work they put in. Employees do not receive wages that reflect the skill, expertise, and work ethic that one must have in order perform on the job.

Going back to School to work elsewhere..where I'm appreciated!!!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

Prosjob security
    401k plan and stock purchase plan
    depends who you work under

ConsManagement
    don't take employee seriously
    keep changing insurance plans
    hard to move up when you have experience
    sketchy overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when trying to give feedback on work process. The employees know what goes on a daily basis; get involved with your employees so you know what's going on half of the time, before barking orders behind a desk. KNOW what's going on in your department!!

Life at Labcorp

Lab Assistant (Former Employee)
    Burlington, NC

Prosthe vacation is the best benefit

Consnot having a life outside of work due to obligations

Technologist

Technologist (Current Employee)
    Burlington, NC

ProsLots of hands-on experience, great benefits, good work-life balance, laboratory professionals week, great people to work with.

ConsCompensation could be a lot better, no bonus for regular employees,

Good Career Company

Administrative Specialist (Current Employee)
    Burlington, NC

ProsI have been with LabCorp 15 yrs. Great company to start a career with. Good co-workers, solid growth in the industry.

ConsCompany needs better communication at all levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and sharing with staff with upcoming changes and improvements, it will help with the transition process.

mediocre

Contracts Administrator (Current Employee)
    Burlington, NC

Prosgood benefits, good people, low pressure

Conspolitics, office gossip, low pay, lack of advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior Managementreward employees with advancement opportunities and training

Worked for LabCorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LabCorp reviews and ratings in Burlington, NC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LabCorp CEO Dave King. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by LabCorp employees.