LabCorp Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
2.9

LabCorp Chairman & CEO Dave King
Dave King

Pros
  • The income and the majority of the benefits are good (in 25 reviews)

• Great benefits with plenty of overtime opportunities (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to put process in place to make it easier for project managers (in 16 reviews)

• Work/Life balance causes waning relationships due to the fact that I work 2pm-1am (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Company to work for. Decent benefits and time off starts at over 3 weeks for new employees.

Cons

Depending on department there can be quite a bit of overtime. Management is upfront about this in the interview process however, so there should be no surprises.

Good Place to Work for Decent Pay

Former Employee - Data Entry in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Dallas, TX

I worked at LabCorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back environment, friendly coworkers

Cons

Monotonous work, risk for contamination

Incentives for workers would be nice

Always pushed to give more when I had given way over what was reasonable.

Former Employee - KAE
    Former Employee - KAE

I worked at LabCorp full-time

Pros

People are family there. I still miss the relationships I made. Benefits and time were are good.

Cons

Mid Level Management was not appreciated for the job they did. People felt overworked and underappreciated when they were giving all they had.

Only hire the managers that can pass a personality test that reveal "people will want to work for you" I had two of them and never had a problem that I couldn't recover from with some redirecting.
    Also, get out there and get your hands dirty too. The clients love to see "big corporates guys mix with the little guy"

A lot of talented people work here

I have been working at LabCorp

Pros

they offer a lot of opportunities to grow

Cons

I don't have any at the moment

Reasonable perspective from a reasonable person.

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ive worked at many companies and have been quite a job hopper at times. Ive been looking for a company that doesnt just crack the whip and suck the life out of their employees and unfortunately, there are a lot of them out there! LabCorp is good like that. They pay me a good wage for doing work that can be stressful at times, but im not always going at it 100%. I am fortunate to have a great boss who cares. Even his boss is directly involved with us, which is important. But they do not micromanage. They reward and motivate our team by doing positive things to show their appreciation. They also provide people on the road with a company car. Some can use it for personal use and you have to pay for it. Whoever complains on here about it is really complaining for little reason, as the price is probably no more than full coverage car insurance would be and you get to drive it everywhere. Free gas! The benefits package is better than average and they will give you a nice amount of time off both starting and for long term employees. There might not be a pension any longer, but they give you immediate vest in your 401k and they contribute, even if you dont.
    There is a good work/life balance here for me. This is not the case for all positions. I see some salaried positions being taken advantage of.

Cons

I am capable of so much more than the work I am doing. Im bored. Not learning much and my job is easy for me. Turn over in my area is low, so even being over qualified, getting a promotion seems so far away. If I leave, it will be because of this. I know how to fix so many things going on that are wrong, but lack the power or authority to do so and can be frustrating at times.

They kind of "make" you take a big brother health screening by "discounting" your insurance to the rate of what most people in the world pay. It feels a little uncomfortable to have them so involved in my health. At the same time, I found out I had a medical problem through this, so for that I was grateful. I suppose it depends on how you look at it.

I see a lot of phlebotomists getting treated with a lack of respect. Not from the the way they are spoken to, but what is asked of them for the amount of money they earn. I travel quite a bit. Your job here can really vary on satisfaction depending on who you work with as a phlebotomist. Some places are full of gossip and drama and others are full of laughs and smiles. I always tell people when they interview for a job, look at the faces of the workers around you. Visit them. Talk to them. Do they seem happy? You will probably share the same face they share.

Stuff rolls downhill. My department for the most part has satisfied and motivated employees. That goes to show what kind of job management is doing.

I've enjoyed my time with Labcorp

Current Employee - Courier in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Courier in Englewood, CO

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good.
    2nd/3rd shift differential.
    Distribution management is awesome at working out problems for each individual person.
    As a courier I get access to a company vehicle (which I lease) for personal time - they pay for maintenance, gas, towing, etc.

Cons

Hours are mostly all 2nd/3rd shift.
    Not much room for personal growth within distribution.
    Upper management (corporate) likes to point fingers without researching facts beforehand.
    Work/Life balance causes waning relationships due to the fact that I work 2pm-1am. (nature of the beast)
    DON'T work as an accessioner!

Ask more questions, point less fingers.

Very interesting and was able to advance to supervisor very quickly.

Former Employee - Support Service Team Lead in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Support Service Team Lead in San Diego, CA

I worked at LabCorp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Having to have all specimens tested before leaving was challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Not very good communication between upper management and the employees of the lab.

To have better communication between management and staff.

Float

Former Employee - Patient Service Tech in Haddon, NJ
    Former Employee - Patient Service Tech in Haddon, NJ

I worked at LabCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My supervisor was amazing. The pay was ok.

Cons

Send you home early so you can't get overtime so then your working short.

Repetitively recruited lab accessioner

I worked at LabCorp

Pros

"Working in the Park (RTP)'" sounds nice and makes good conversation. Lots of science minded folks...just none in this arena. As a temp during the time you soon recognize that this job is a one night stand, not a long term commitment. The notoriety of the company comes in handy but that's about it, oh yeah and learning some of the intricacies and inner workings of occupational testing services and how so many systems across the U.S. come together flawlessly to get your urine, hair or blood sample to be tested in RTP, NC. Should also mention OT was available right after starting as a temp.

Cons

No management, it's more like as a kid having the reluctant big sister watch over you who alternates from micromanaging to a complete absence. Complete with scolding, inappropriate conversations ranging from religion, to race, to politics and of course lots of sexually inappropriate dialogue.

Evaluate your pool of candidates, so many people came and left during my 6 mos stent, at some point you have to ask where does the problem truly lie? I want to see the lab do well, so please take this constructively.

Avoid the Englewood, CO Reference Lab like the plague, unless you like stress and overtime

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at LabCorp full-time

Pros

It's a job
    Free parking
    Free coffee, tea and cappucino

Cons

Management has their heads in the sand and refuses to adjust/address high turnover and employee stress
    Most areas in the ref lab are under great stress due to turn around times not being met
    Accessioning are forced to work 12-14 hr nights and get no thanks or rewards besides massive OT, if you consider that a reward
    Management are quick to fire anyone for any reason, so watch your back
    Their 5 computer systems are very outdated and crash often for at least a whole day, throwing your week off by a day, management doesn't care, you must come in when they say.

FIX ACCESSIONING, FIX ACCESSIONING, FIX ACCESSIONING!!!
    Give praise to employees who are willing to continue employment and put up with your games (hire two, fire three)
    The 1980's called and wants their LIS back. Get a LIS from this century.

LabCorp Photos