www.labcorp.com

Updated November 19, 2014
2.9

LabCorp Chairman & CEO Dave King
Dave King

Pros
  • Quality co-workers, leads and supervisors, good benefits for full-time (in 26 reviews)

• Great benefits with plenty of overtime opportunities (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to put process in place to make it easier for project managers (in 17 reviews)

• Work/Life balance causes waning relationships due to the fact that I work 2pm-1am (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Easy Flow

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at LabCorp as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There was a strong work team in the Data entry department. Everyone is always very helpful and the people in the Data entry team always are very happy group.

Cons

Pay rate and raises are low for this company and although the team and co-workers are all very nice, but in order to keep employees long term I feel the pay rate should be better.

A 2nd tier company.

Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor
    Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor

I worked at LabCorp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lab testing is relatively insulated from economic downturns so you don't have to worry too much about layoffs. Has pretty good benefits. Vacation time (18 days per year to start).

Cons

As with so many big companies, upper management is out of touch and too slow to react. They seem to have endless people with "titles" and making $100k + but then they cheap out with what most people would consider a "must have" such as spare tires for courier vehicles. Ever heard the term "pennywise, pound foolish"? That's Labcorp. Labcorp is the 2nd largest lab in the country behind Quest Diagnostics. Problem is, they will always be number two. They need to beef up their customer service (call center) experience. They are very, very far from "world class". A company of this size should offer a call center experience that is second to none.

Stop being so divisionally oriented. Make the company ONE company, not 7 or 8 (or however many divisions there are). Have uniform policies across all divisions and all work areas. The time off policy should be standard across the country, but not only does it vary across divisions, it varies across departments within the same division. Same goes for shift differentials. They are all over the map. Make a standard policy, and while you're at it, update the time keeping system to automatically pay shift diffs instead of relying on manual input by supervisors. Update the graphics on the courier vehicles. You have 3,000 vehicles driving a half a million miles per day which can act like roving billboards. Use them !! The signs on the LCA cars look like they haven't been updated since 1985. Look at the Quest Vehicles. They have HUGE, MODERN graphics advertising their presence, their DOMINANCE. Think people, think!! Labcorp is so cheap that they don't even put their name on specimen bags. I realize a 10th of cent is a 10th of a cent, but come on now.. Another thing, stop the ridiculous practice of having couriers verify EVERY SPECIMEN that they pickup at hospitals (at least in the Northeast Division). This causes couriers to remain onsite at hospitals for up to 1 hour, and for what? To verify what the customer has chosen to send to us? Imagine bringing a box to FedEx or UPS to ship and the clerk at the counter says "Sir, can you please wait while I open your package and inventory the items you are sending so that I can prove we received them"? No, of course not. You hand them a sealed box, and they are responsible for getting that ONE sealed box to its' destination. Imagine how many more stops a courier could do if he didn't have to spend so much time at each hospital, or how much earlier that courier could arrive back at the lab? This is how it should go: Hospital knows what time courier is scheduled to arrive. Hospital prepares sealed batch bags for each temperature specimens (ambient, refrigerated, frozen). Courier arrives, scans each batch bag containing specimens, leaves. Total time: 2-4 minutes. Batch bags are tracked to their final destination. Inventory, if needed, can performed at lab, not on the road, which holds up countless other specimens from reaching the lab in a timely manner.

I worked at LabCorp

Pros

Employees were more than co-workers, they became your friends.

Cons

Employees were not compensated for the work done.

process engineer

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Burlington, NC
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Burlington, NC

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging Projects, Great management methodologies, flexible schedules when vacations are needed. I enjoy the relationship with my coworkers very much.

Cons

Salaries are little bit on the low side.

Stable job, but no room for growth.

Current Employee - Cytotechnologist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Cytotechnologist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, stable, flexible hours.

Cons

Will not progress your career here, they only hire upper level positions for outside.

Please give employees the opportunity to progress their careers.

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Specimen Accessioner in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Specimen Accessioner in Durham, NC

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people, the pay, the hours, the location

Cons

no smoking anywhere on campus is very irritating

none

Generally, it is good experience.

Former Employee - Technologist in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Technologist in Rockville, MD

I worked at LabCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I had the first phone interview, I am waiting my job visa. They employ me when I get the visa. Generally good experience. They do a good QC for all the reagent we used, that is responsible thing to do for the patient.

Cons

I don't like punch in/out system. I don't like write 15mins job report everyday. .Employees should be treated like a family and respect.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Phlebotomy Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Phlebotomy Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best things are the benefits and work environment.

Cons

In management their is a lot of paperwork, training,conference calls, meetings, and typical management duties.

Management will be a great experience for anyone strong candidate.

OK Company

I have been working at LabCorp

Pros

Left to work your own schedule

Cons

Disposable as an employee, low pay

Customer Service Representative (courier)

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative (Courier) in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stable job. Well run company, fiscally sound. Good benefits: Health care, dental care, vision, 401K, PTO policy, stock options, company car.

Cons

Money is more important than people. I've seen people let go for no other reason than to promote positive financials looking good at the end of the quarter. Consolidation of offices in many cities to large regional offices have left smaller offices a shell of what they were with many corporate functions such as HR and upper management access very difficult to use.

Treat your employees as the most important company asset. Management could be better trained in personnel management techniques.

LabCorp Photos