LabCorp Reviews

443 reviews filtered by
2.9
LabCorp Chairman & CEO Dave King
Dave King

Pros
  • Quality co-workers, leads and supervisors, good benefits for full-time (in 26 reviews)

• Great benefits with plenty of overtime opportunities (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to put process in place to make it easier for project managers (in 18 reviews)

• Work/Life balance causes waning relationships due to the fact that I work 2pm-1am (in 6 reviews)

1. Well managed continually growing corporation

Current Employee - Lab Supervisor
    Current Employee - Lab Supervisor

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and opportunity for growth in a continually growing corporation

Cons

Average salary based on cost of living in area

2. Client Services

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice work area. Excellent learning environment. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Highly diverse backgrounds of coworkers promote learning and resourcefulness.

Cons

Long time employees/management resistant to change. Computers and other technology very dated and difficult to use. More of a push for volume rather than quality.

Please provide better more consistent training in all areas of the company.

3. OVERWORKED, UNDERPAID

Current Employee - Specimen Accesioner in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Specimen Accesioner in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LabCorp

Pros

Benefits, Free Parking, Some People

Cons

Underpaid, over worked, lack of respect

Listen to your employees

5. Solid Place To Work

Former Employee - Specimen Accessioner in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Former Employee - Specimen Accessioner in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at LabCorp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pretty good place to work. I'd just moved to NC, so it was my first job in the area. The company went through re-orgs frequently. Ended up being laid off, but severance package was pretty good.

Cons

My boss was kind of a tool. Lot of politics. Not a place to grow if you are looking for that type of thing. If you are working on the lab side, the work is pretty solid.

It's a publicly traded company, so nothing to really say as far as advice goes. Should pay attention to more employee ideas than stressing them out over political policies.

6. Great place to work for.

I worked at LabCorp

Pros

Great benefits along with plenty of overtime opportunities. Great company. Always busy and time flew by. Management was awesome as well. I would work for them again in a heartbeat.

Cons

There were no cons. I really enjoyed the company and management.

7. The company was a great place to start, but may not be the best place to grow your career.

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Labcorp is a stable company in terms of job security. The people I work with at Labcorp are great as well.

Cons

There is almost no opportunity for advancement, and there is very little open communication between upper management and the sales division.

8. A good lesson in what I absolutely do not want to do with my career.

Current Employee - Cytogenetic Technologist I in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Cytogenetic Technologist I in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The team all were in it together so we did work well together and we were able to support each other.

It was a job that paid the bills for a time until I could find something I really wanted to move on to.

Cons

There is very little chance for advancement opportunities. Most are through tests that must be studied for. However these tests cover a broad range of topics most of which you will never get exposure on the job because it covers the work that at least three departments do, but you'll only ever do a lot of lab work for one.

A large problem is the amount of cases that the corporate offices wanted us to complete and what was actually possible to complete. We would regularly get six "extended hours" meaning we were required to come in for overtime or face being written up. This wouldn't have been so bad, but there was never an end to it in sight. It would stress out the technicians which would in turn stress out our supervisor and honestly created a very ugly working environment till my end of employment there.

Try to understand that with he amount of time it takes to train a technician to read cases, the bleak outlook for any advancement, meager pay, and the lack of on the job learning this job is going to always have a high turnover rate until at least a couple of these factors are solved.

9. Make your own path...

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company a little over a year, and have quickly worked my way up from PST to PST supervisor. with no degree it seemed almost impossible but I did. This company is a great way to continue a Career goal once your in your in!

Cons

Managment really need to become more organized with there leadership and communication to thoose that run the front lines.

Communicate with you people, acknoledge there hard work, praise them from time to time it will reflect in there quality of work.

Stable Company

I worked at LabCorp

Pros

Very large organization with opportunities to work on many different types of projects. The company pays on par with other companies in the market.

Cons

Struggles with some old school management styles. The message from the top is delivered through annual reports - not via company town halls or other means of communication.

Sometimes meeting a budget should come secondary to doing the right thing. If people are burning out, get them help! If people are not happy, do what you can to help them - they will stay and be productive employees.

11. Good work, need to better workplace

Former Contractor - Programmer Analyst in Burlington, NC
    Former Contractor - Programmer Analyst in Burlington, NC

I worked at LabCorp as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

- Great work domain
    - Business centric

Cons

- Management needs to improve

Stand for what is right, sometimes work ethics are more important than project deadlines

LabCorp Photos