www.labcorp.com

Updated December 19, 2014
2.9

LabCorp Chairman & CEO Dave King
Dave King

Pros
  • Quality co-workers, leads and supervisors, good benefits for full-time (in 26 reviews)

• Great benefits with plenty of overtime opportunities (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to put process in place to make it easier for project managers (in 18 reviews)

• Work/Life balance causes waning relationships due to the fact that I work 2pm-1am (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job

I have been working at LabCorp

Pros

Awesome people to work with. Benefits after 30 days. Decent benefits. Overtime often.

Cons

Pay could be better. Still waiting on uniform after 6 months

PSTS, Love my job with Labcoor

I have been working at LabCorp

Pros

Working with Labcorp is wonderful, I'm the type of person that don't like people looking over me, I know my jobs and the things I have to do to get my job done. Their is no one watching me at all times, love it.

Cons

Really hard to get transferred to another sight, supervisors already has in mind who they want to work under them, really unfair system.

Make sure everyone is getting treated equally, and getting the chance to interview for jobs that they have bidded on.

Driver

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mobile, AL

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Stable employment prospects.

Cons

Stagnant wages. Poor management policies that stress metrics over customer satisfaction.

Provide incentives for those employees who see and deal with OUR customers on a daily basis.

Those long and lonely nights...

Former Employee - Specimen Accessioner in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Specimen Accessioner in Dallas, TX

I worked at LabCorp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, extremely nice co-workers, hands on, overtime is usually avalable, and feeling like you're impacting patients' lives in a positive way

Cons

Most likely you'll be working a late night shift, minimal raises (.25-.50 a year), work can be very monotonous, and mismanaged at times.

compensate your employees better, show them that they're actually cared about and not just robotic work horses

A company that is not what it seems. And that's not a good thing.

Current Employee - Service Representative in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company car (depending on job title), good benefits, friendly co-workers

Cons

The pay raise system sucks. It takes 5 years to make a dollar more, even if you score in the 90's in your review!!! No accountability among management. Everything is the lower level workers fault. The members of leadership that are knowledgeable aren't paid any attention. Company keeps high profits up top.Too much of the day is spent for the company. Family time is non existent.

5 day weeks for those who clock 45 hours Monday through Friday. Make the raises worthwhile.

There's better...there's worse

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The paid time off is generous. Every week you work you accrue 2.77 hours towards time off. Some of the managers are great and other not so much. I happen to have a good one. Usually overtime available.

Cons

Only 6 paid holidays a year. They are very strict on how time is taken off. They are getting very nitpicky about simple little things. There are always employees that have to push it but instead of dealing with the few, they put more constraints on everyone. They spend money on doing things for their employees that could really be spent in better ways. Low pay.

Easy Flow

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at LabCorp as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There was a strong work team in the Data entry department. Everyone is always very helpful and the people in the Data entry team always are very happy group.

Cons

Pay rate and raises are low for this company and although the team and co-workers are all very nice, but in order to keep employees long term I feel the pay rate should be better.

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Specimen Accessioner in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Specimen Accessioner in Durham, NC

I have been working at LabCorp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people, the pay, the hours, the location

Cons

no smoking anywhere on campus is very irritating

none

A 2nd tier company.

Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor
    Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor

I worked at LabCorp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lab testing is relatively insulated from economic downturns so you don't have to worry too much about layoffs. Has pretty good benefits. Vacation time (18 days per year to start).

Cons

As with so many big companies, upper management is out of touch and too slow to react. They seem to have endless people with "titles" and making $100k + but then they cheap out with what most people would consider a "must have" such as spare tires for courier vehicles. Ever heard the term "pennywise, pound foolish"? That's Labcorp. Labcorp is the 2nd largest lab in the country behind Quest Diagnostics. Problem is, they will always be number two. They need to beef up their customer service (call center) experience. They are very, very far from "world class". A company of this size should offer a call center experience that is second to none.

Stop being so divisionally oriented. Make the company ONE company, not 7 or 8 (or however many divisions there are). Have uniform policies across all divisions and all work areas. The time off policy should be standard across the country, but not only does it vary across divisions, it varies across departments within the same division. Same goes for shift differentials. They are all over the map. Make a standard policy, and while you're at it, update the time keeping system to automatically pay shift diffs instead of relying on manual input by supervisors. Update the graphics on the courier vehicles. You have 3,000 vehicles driving a half a million miles per day which can act like roving billboards. Use them !! The signs on the LCA cars look like they haven't been updated since 1985. Look at the Quest Vehicles. They have HUGE, MODERN graphics advertising their presence, their DOMINANCE. Think people, think!! Labcorp is so cheap that they don't even put their name on specimen bags. I realize a 10th of cent is a 10th of a cent, but come on now.. Another thing, stop the ridiculous practice of having couriers verify EVERY SPECIMEN that they pickup at hospitals (at least in the Northeast Division). This causes couriers to remain onsite at hospitals for up to 1 hour, and for what? To verify what the customer has chosen to send to us? Imagine bringing a box to FedEx or UPS to ship and the clerk at the counter says "Sir, can you please wait while I open your package and inventory the items you are sending so that I can prove we received them"? No, of course not. You hand them a sealed box, and they are responsible for getting that ONE sealed box to its' destination. Imagine how many more stops a courier could do if he didn't have to spend so much time at each hospital, or how much earlier that courier could arrive back at the lab? This is how it should go: Hospital knows what time courier is scheduled to arrive. Hospital prepares sealed batch bags for each temperature specimens (ambient, refrigerated, frozen). Courier arrives, scans each batch bag containing specimens, leaves. Total time: 2-4 minutes. Batch bags are tracked to their final destination. Inventory, if needed, can performed at lab, not on the road, which holds up countless other specimens from reaching the lab in a timely manner.

I worked at LabCorp

Pros

Employees were more than co-workers, they became your friends.

Cons

Employees were not compensated for the work done.

LabCorp Photos