LabCorp

LabCorp Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

LabCorp Chairman & CEO Dave King

Dave King

Pros
  • The income and the majority of the benefits are good(in 20 reviews)

• Great benefits for vacation almost six weeks after five years(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is not approachable/friendly(in 12 reviews)

• Senior Management has lost its focus and sense of responsibility(in 7 reviews)

People on site are great to work with, but upper management is out of touch

ProsEnjoy my colleagues, able to work with others to allow all to get time off as needed.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement, salary not enough for cost of living, low merit increases

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management: Show that you care about the employees at individual sites. All it seems that is cared about is making money for yourselves while the rest of us do the hard work.

Hey, it pays the bills.

Site Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsHonestly, can't think of any. Its a job. The good thing, is that there's a lot of job security, being that there are opportunities in many states.

ConsBenefits are costly and the health insurance is not great. Time off request policy is horrible! Never enough help. Very, very few opportunities for growth.

challenging, keep busy throughout the day.

Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Westborough, MA

Prosgreat benefits, vacation time, sick time, health benefits

Consin 5 to 10 years would love to see myself a lead person or supervisor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exhausting

ProsThe benefits are great! best I've ever seen thus far!!

ConsHigh school(ish) cliques. immaturity, Very difficult to advance. If you're not friends with the supervisor, then YOU ARE SCREWED. Been with the company 10 years. Im only a Team Leader, and I dont even make 30k a year! NEVER, EVER advance to this position, as you will only be seen as a "gopher".

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to visit your employees personally. Then you will be able to make better decisions, and not rely on what your "pet" tells you.

It's a decent company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good and there are lots of opportunities to work overtime.

ConsIt was not much of a team atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow that hard workers can be promoted.

Do what you are hired to do

Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsGood atmosphere, good perks, and competitive pay

ConsSupervisors are sometimes micro-manage. Not enough employees to cover float pool.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your phlebotomist with respect. They are important to your organisation. They are the faces of Labcorp

A favorable experience, with an excellent staff.

Phlebotomist (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsThe environment was very clean and organized. Computer system operated extremely efficient with but one minor glitch during my externship. What really made my experience worth the distance I traveled was the experienced staff at the Patient Care Center in Long Beach. Very professional and polite that was only matched by their knowledge of their profession. I hope to work more with the caliber of Phlebotomist I had the privilege to work with in the future.

ConsIn speaking with workers, promotion and recognition does not flow nearly in the manner a company that has such an intricate role in customer care and with the high level of accuracy and independence of this Patient Care Center.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I can offer is to show more appreciation for your employees, especially when they give you their best in way of professionalism and efficiency. A raise I understand has a lot to do with cost and operations. But quarterly incentives should be manageable along with gift cards and letters of recognition should reflect their excellent work and accuracy.

Loved my job not pleased with company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay.Work was challenging at times and I liked that. Loved my department and coworkers.

ConsUpper management needs to treat staff better.

Decent opportunity for advancement if non-union, but union environment can hinder professional growth.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsMost of the coworkers are friendly. They celebrate Lab professionals week well. If you work hard, you have to opportunity to be recognized with a company award.

ConsUnion environment in Seattle causes major disconnect between workers/departments/managers. Some departments have very negative environments, while some are wonderful.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your workers more and make them feel appreciated more than just during the lab professionals week.

Nightmare working over night.

Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat compensation and benefits packages

Consimpossible hours, rude employees, crappy managment

Advice to Senior Managementbe a bit more hands on with staff, and stop expecting employees to work 14-15 hrs shifts every day when scheduled for 8 hr shifts.

Worked for LabCorp? Contribute to the Community!