Label Shopper Reviews

CEO

1. Horrible and degrading experience

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Label Shopper full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good deals on name brand clothing and they are closed on Saturday evenings.

Cons

Upper management ( will not say the name) came to our store for inventory. I realize that this person was probably exhausted from traveling from store to store for these inventories, however this was no excuse for how store employees were treated. If I still had a copy of the handbook, I would would quote exactly what it says about how employees will be treated with dignity. This person was yelled and screamed at all of us all night long. I worked a 14 hour plus day and expected to receive two off of the clock breaks. I worked from just before 9 AM until 11 PM. I received a lunch break around 2 and a quick 5 or 10 minute on the clock break around 8 PM. I have a potentially serious medical condition and need to sip on water from time to time. This person yelled at me for drinking water and even yelled at me for wanting to take 2 seconds ( literally) to pull my glasses from the chain around my neck to my eyes so that I could see what was being explained to us. When it became apparent that I couldn't see well, I was yelled at for not having clear sight. I was yelled at and so were other store employees on the sales floor in front of customers. I could go on and on, but I really do not want to relive that horrible employment experience. It will suffice to say that if the treatment I received that day is the definition of being treated with dignity, then I would rather stay unemployed for the rest of my life.

Advice to Management

Constructive criticism has never hurt anyone, but constant rude criticism is like a cancer that will kill the spirit and drown the soul. I know that other employees were just as upset as I was that evening, but not all of them were in a position to resign like I did. If this kind of treatment continues, you will have nothing but bitter and resentful employees. How sad.

Showing 1 of 1 review