Labinal

Updated October 25, 2014
Updated October 25, 2014
2.4

Alain Sauret

Many good people that work hard and respect each other's ability to contribute.

I worked at Labinal full-time

Pros

Mostly a "hands off" approach to management, supported by very talented and hard working employees. Very good "team" atmosphere.

Cons

Taking on too much of the parent company's corporate rhetoric. Becoming less personable and more "propagandized" through HR publications and corporate "workshops".

Stop talking about and promoting "Communication" as a tool, and actually just communicate. People can get the Google version of the state of the company from the internet, more honest communication on a daily basis in conversations and staff meetings are really what employees are looking for.

Just talk to us

Current Employee - Management in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Denton, TX

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Average compensation. Nice facility and great people to work with. Very close to home. Absolutely no work life balance-not sure they have heard about that..

Cons

Reading through the reviews and company responses are very interesting. When we were labinal in the beginning we were talked to like actual people. The company responses are indicative of the problems now. They talk to us generically with corporate and hr lingo that doesn't mean anything.

Manage the business and stop with all the corp communication. I am so tired of hearing about Safran and Labinal Power Systems. Talk to me about Labinal Denton.

Interesting job but also a dead end job, poor management from senior levels

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Insurance, decent vacation time. good job for someone not looking to stay very long.

Cons

Pay isn't that great. Starting pay isn't too bad but after 15 years, should be better. Never heard of a place that doesn't offer a pay raise for quality inspectors. Dead end job. management does not build from within (unless you are their buddy). If you are too efficient at assembly, don't expect to do anything else. management's attitude towards employees brings down morale. Unfair performance incentives and recognition. Been losing money last ten years to increased insurance costs, and low or no cost of living increases.

Give credit to employees that do well, pay more attention to details, be honest with employees. Focus more on training. We are after all building aircraft parts. Quit adding more responsibilities to employees, but expecting them to get the work out faster and cheaper.

Loved the work that i did there. clean, climate controlled and great employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I worked at Labinal full-time

Pros

good pay, clean, not challenging work

Cons

Poor management skills and bad decisions

Be more truthful

Aug 18, 2014HR Specialist - Communications & Public Relations

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your experience at Labinal Power Systems. We value and appreciate your thoughts. We are working to improve our leadership culture to enhance the ... More

American women need not apply if you want career advancement

Current Employee - Scared to Say in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Scared to Say in Denton, TX

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Labinal offers average pay and benefits. They spend a lot of money trying to advance their corporate culture and "brand" themselves in the community.

Cons

The corporate culture is very difficult to understand. They have campaigns, engagement surveys, etc. To try to proove they care but their actions speak louder and that is f you are not a French male you really do not matter. They spend thousands of dollars relocating French guys and then give us no raises or 2%.

Stop spending so much money on campaigns and consultants. Give us raises and that will show you care.

Sep 12, 2014HR Specialist - Communications & Public Relations

We would like to thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Labinal Power Systems. It is only through constructive dialogue that we can become better as a business and a team.

In
    ... More

Dead End

Former Employee - Electronic Technician in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Electronic Technician in Denton, TX

I worked at Labinal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable work. Unionized and contracted labor force.

Cons

poor management and factory organization. Mandatory overtime.

Was a great place to work when it was locally owned....now that it's Labinal, forget it.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Labinal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers were amazing. I really did work with some great people here, the ones originally here when the company was HCM, and there are still a few of them left. The pay is decent. Has a health, dental, partial vision, and 401k plan.

Cons

Raises are few and far between. This company, which once prided itself on quality over quantity, now prefer the latter. They have also brought a lot of interns from their corporate office in Mexico, which tend to stay and replace the original people who were there prior to the acquisition of the company. Higher up positions which would have been given to people that have seniority are no longer awarded to them based on experience unless they also have a degree.....if you don't have a college degree don't EVER plan on a promotion, no matter how long your experience in your current position.

Listen to the little people, the ones who are actually responsible for getting your product out the door. Also allow experience to be substituted for a college degree.....I believe if you do your job well, that should count for something. In my life experience, years of on-the-job training readies a person far better than a piece of paper.

Jun 10, 2014HR Specialist - Communications & Public Relations

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Labinal Power Systems. To help us recruit and retain our talented workforce, Labinal Power Systems Salisbury utilizes an employee centric ... More

Great people and entreprenurial environment

Current Employee - Wire Installation Designer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Wire Installation Designer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, work life balance, autonomy, week off at Christmas

Cons

lack of current computer technology, lack of training...you have to figure it out on your own.

Run from this company

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It would be great if I could think of any positives about the company. The only real positive is there are some really great people stuck here.

Cons

The company is always in a mode of putting out fires instead of making long-range plans and operating to them. They also try to do too many large projects at the same time and don't dedicate enough resources so people don't get burned out. Communication is terrible. We never understand what the French parent company wants.

Quit spending money on trying to make us like Safran and give us some larger increases.

May 20, 2014HR Specialist - Communications & Public Relations

Thank you for providing a review of your experience at Labinal Power Systems. To help us remain competitive, Labinal Power Systems promotes a culture of Continuous Improvement, which is very common ... More

Hard-working people misguided by poor communication

I have been working at Labinal as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Some people are really nice and helpful.

Cons

Very little communication, no chance on career growth, abundace of low-skilled workers.

Labinal Photos