Labinal Reviews

1. They ruin lives for their own gain

Current Employee - Materials III in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - Materials III in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits package. Coworkers are easy to work with.

Cons

If you work for them after your old Employer was bought by them look out for their 5 yr plan. That equals in 5 yrs we are shutting you down and you will no longer have a job.

Advice to Management

This us for corporate not local management as they are just corporate puppets. Treat your employees like people. Have compassion. Your employees are more than just numbers on a chart

2. I've enjoyed my time there but with the plant closing down Its time to look for a job

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people I've worked with and the field

Cons

The place closing down and moving to TX

3. You lecture employees on business ethics just after you announce are jobs are going to Mexico?

Former Employee - Production Associate in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Denton, TX

I worked at Labinal

Pros

Nice non-management people work here.

Cons

Company tells you your job is safe from being sent to Mexico, forty five days later... moving your job to Mexico.

Advice to Management

Management needs a serious lecture on business ethics, be truthful with your employees.

5. Just talk to us

Current Employee - Management in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Denton, TX

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Average compensation. Nice facility and great people to work with. Very close to home. Absolutely no work life balance-not sure they have heard about that..

Cons

Reading through the reviews and company responses are very interesting. When we were labinal in the beginning we were talked to like actual people. The company responses are indicative of the problems now. They talk to us generically with corporate and hr lingo that doesn't mean anything.

Advice to Management

Manage the business and stop with all the corp communication. I am so tired of hearing about Safran and Labinal Power Systems. Talk to me about Labinal Denton.

Many good people that work hard and respect each other's ability to contribute.

I worked at Labinal full-time

Pros

Mostly a "hands off" approach to management, supported by very talented and hard working employees. Very good "team" atmosphere.

Cons

Taking on too much of the parent company's corporate rhetoric. Becoming less personable and more "propagandized" through HR publications and corporate "workshops".

Advice to Management

Stop talking about and promoting "Communication" as a tool, and actually just communicate. People can get the Google version of the state of the company from the internet, more honest communication on a daily basis in conversations and staff meetings are really what employees are looking for.

7. Interesting job but also a dead end job, poor management from senior levels

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Insurance, decent vacation time. good job for someone not looking to stay very long.

Cons

Pay isn't that great. Starting pay isn't too bad but after 15 years, should be better. Never heard of a place that doesn't offer a pay raise for quality inspectors. Dead end job. management does not build from within (unless you are their buddy). If you are too efficient at assembly, don't expect to do anything else. management's attitude towards employees brings down morale. Unfair performance incentives and recognition. Been losing money last ten years to increased insurance costs, and low or no cost of living increases.

Advice to Management

Give credit to employees that do well, pay more attention to details, be honest with employees. Focus more on training. We are after all building aircraft parts. Quit adding more responsibilities to employees, but expecting them to get the work out faster and cheaper.

8. Loved the work that i did there. clean, climate controlled and great employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I worked at Labinal full-time

Pros

good pay, clean, not challenging work

Cons

Poor management skills and bad decisions

Advice to Management

Be more truthful

Aug 18, 2014HR Specialist - Communications & Public Relations

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your experience at Labinal Power Systems. We value and appreciate your thoughts. We are working to improve our leadership culture to enhance the ... More

9. American women need not apply if you want career advancement

Current Employee - Scared to Say in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Scared to Say in Denton, TX

I have been working at Labinal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Labinal offers average pay and benefits. They spend a lot of money trying to advance their corporate culture and "brand" themselves in the community.

Cons

The corporate culture is very difficult to understand. They have campaigns, engagement surveys, etc. To try to proove they care but their actions speak louder and that is f you are not a French male you really do not matter. They spend thousands of dollars relocating French guys and then give us no raises or 2%.

Advice to Management

Stop spending so much money on campaigns and consultants. Give us raises and that will show you care.

Sep 12, 2014HR Specialist - Communications & Public Relations

We would like to thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Labinal Power Systems. It is only through constructive dialogue that we can become better as a business and a team.

In
    ... More

10. Dead End

Former Employee - Electronic Technician in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Electronic Technician in Denton, TX

I worked at Labinal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable work. Unionized and contracted labor force.

Cons

poor management and factory organization. Mandatory overtime.

11. Was a great place to work when it was locally owned....now that it's Labinal, forget it.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Labinal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers were amazing. I really did work with some great people here, the ones originally here when the company was HCM, and there are still a few of them left. The pay is decent. Has a health, dental, partial vision, and 401k plan.

Cons

Raises are few and far between. This company, which once prided itself on quality over quantity, now prefer the latter. They have also brought a lot of interns from their corporate office in Mexico, which tend to stay and replace the original people who were there prior to the acquisition of the company. Higher up positions which would have been given to people that have seniority are no longer awarded to them based on experience unless they also have a degree.....if you don't have a college degree don't EVER plan on a promotion, no matter how long your experience in your current position.

Advice to Management

Listen to the little people, the ones who are actually responsible for getting your product out the door. Also allow experience to be substituted for a college degree.....I believe if you do your job well, that should count for something. In my life experience, years of on-the-job training readies a person far better than a piece of paper.

Jun 10, 2014HR Specialist - Communications & Public Relations

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Labinal Power Systems. To help us recruit and retain our talented workforce, Labinal Power Systems Salisbury utilizes an employee centric ... More

Labinal Photos