Labor Ready Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
170 reviews filtered by
2.5
Steve Cooper

Pros
  • I was able to help temporary employees find work and sometimes full time positions (in 5 reviews)

• For many workers, assignments give workers an opportunity to try different kinds of work and as a means to obtaining full time employment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expects people to rearrange their schedules for a two hour assignment 40 minutes away that only pays minimum wage (in 10 reviews)

• Need to sharpen it to the company/goal and conduct real world training to the branch Managers (in 5 reviews)

1. It was great

Former Employee - Laborer in Johnstown, PA
    Former Employee - Laborer in Johnstown, PA

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

Getting along with different people being part of the team

Cons

the different times of hourly work

2. I have 20 on and off years of janitorial experience,sweeping,mopping,stripping and waxing floors,I also do restrooms.

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I would like to work for your company to get more experience and to advance me career.

Cons

Labor Ready is a good company but does not have many opportunities.

3. "Dissatisfied abroad"

Current Contractor - General Labor
    Current Contractor - General Labor

I have been working at Labor Ready as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

One of the greatest benefits that this company has to offer is the text alert feature, which is free if you have access to a cellphone. All you have to do is text "WORK" to the number they provide you and that lets them know that you are available for work without calling or showing up in the morning. In the old days you would have to go in and sign in at 5:30 a.m. and wait to see if there was a job for you to go to, which was a complete crap shoot. Some people would wait until 9 a.m. only to be told to go home for the day and to come back at the same time the next day.

The only other pro to this agency is the ability to get paid daily, which is now loaded onto a prepaid debit card (watch those crazy fees!!!) instead of being printed a check at the counter which would take time to clear your bank or cost you money to cash the check at a store that offered a check cashing service such as Walmart.

Cons

Company is a little outdated, at least where I am from, in training and screening processes. Also, background checks take forever even though I had no problems it took more than 3 MONTHS. No health benefits, or any that were at least discussed with myself, even though an employee told me he had a card from them. Most jobs are minimum wage ($7.25 by federal law as of this review in March of 2015) and if there are jobs that are full time that do pay more, they are typically slave labor jobs at foundries or coal plants or something of the equivalent.

Consider even a low cost health insurance premium if one is not currently available, or if there is one available then make it available abroad to every location. Management should also be more specific about job details and not be elusive about pertinent details. For instance, if there is a packing position available in a warehouse, then don't tell workers that the job is in fact a warehouse position that entails driving and some packaging of the product if the position is in fact only a packing position. Lying by omission tends to make for unhappy workers and an unscrupulous business practice.

5. I enjoy my experience at labor ready for three years.

Former Employee - General Labor
    Former Employee - General Labor

I worked at Labor Ready part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was working at labor ready to achieve some employment goals in the life that I would like to continue in the future at labor ready as a rehire.

Cons

the only thing I could find was the minimum wage for type certain types of jobs at your company.

no problems

6. Branch Manager

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

Great growing company. Good training programs. Good people to work with and for.

Cons

Possibly that parent Company TrueBlue is growing too fast. Too many people coming aboard from acquisitions. Pay for Branch Managers is lower than other Staffing Companies. Healthcare Benefits have become extremely costly and have become poor. This being a problem everywhere these days, these benefits used to be great at Labor Ready.

Follow job posting protocol so that potential candidates may emerge for future promotions and positions.

7. Class Action Lawsuit bound

Current Employee - Day Laborer in City Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Day Laborer in City Industry, CA

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

You can receive work notices by text.

Cons

Everything about this company is a con.

1) They stall paying you in the beginning by letting you sign up for a Visa pay card, but don't give you one until you ask for one weeks later. Sitting on your pay collecting interest on it. Multiply that by the 10,000+ new people that sign on with them every few months. Then when you get the card you have to callback every Labor Ready site you worked for to have them cancel your $25 check and have them re-post it on your cash card. The won't or can't handle this on a national number because that would speed up you getting your earned pay. (this is where they are going to have their class action lawsuit come from.)

2) You can't get anyone on the phone at any site. You have to go through a lengthy phone tree message to get to a option just to leave a message and hope they call back within a week or so.

3) you get to work with recently released cons. Every job I've been sent on is with ex-cons. The stories these guys have are actually pretty enlightening from a law abiding citizens point of view.

4) The people working at Labor Ready offices don't want to lift a finger for you unless you ask to see their supervisor.

5) You're better off sitting in a home depot parking lot with undocumented workers than going through all this hassle and run around for $9 hr minus taxes and other SDI charges and then hope you get paid.

Be prepared corporate offices. It's not a matter of "if" but "when" a class action suit is coming.

8. I have learned a great many skills working there,however after 2009 when the dispatching changed over to new people, it

Former Employee - Temp Associate in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Temp Associate in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

NONE ANYMORE! It all crashed in 2009!

Cons

EVERYTHING! The management there EATS IT!!!!!

GET SOME PROFESSIONAL HELP!!!!

9. Labor Ready review

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

Great place to work if you need a job or the hours

Cons

No benefits for long time workers.

10. I have experience in assembly, warehouse, & production.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Powder Springs, GA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Powder Springs, GA

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

I have a good attitude not only at work, but all the time. most people enjoy my company & would say that they are happy to be my friend.

Cons

not only would I be learning a new career or job, but if show my manager what I can do I could advance with in the company.

any job u give me to do will get done very efficiently I hope that when my managers see how good my work is they consider my for advancement.

11. Just makes me want to shake my head! ! ! ! !

Former Contractor - Temp in Butler, PA
    Former Contractor - Temp in Butler, PA

I worked at Labor Ready as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They pay twice a week. This way you are never waiting for weeks to get money. Changing from former policy of work today, paid today.

Cons

They don't properly vet the workers for the jobs that they send them to. The pay is low, below their posted rates for the jobs posted and listed in the office. Example: Backend Clerical 10-12 per hour. Actual pay, 9.75 per hour. Mostly minimum wage or barely above. I was really embarrassed by being associated with some of the people that I was sent to clerical job with.

Change the posted rates of pay to reflect the jobs that are actually available.
    Match the right people to the right job.

Labor Ready Photos

Working for Labor Ready means that you have many different kinds of jobs available.
We work with customers in a variety of industries.
One of our branch managers on a job site.

+ Add Photo