Labor Ready Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Steve Cooper

Pros
  • they could always find work somewhere (in 5 reviews)

• I had an opportunity to assist some talented, yet misdirected, temporary employees use their talents to find full time work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Most assignments only pay minimum wage (in 10 reviews)

• 00 an hour is not enough for the kind of commitment and hard work that LR expects from its employees (in 5 reviews)

1. Run as fast as you can!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in North Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits if you are fulltime.

Cons

Horrible hours including weekends and nights. You are always on-call to fill jobs. You feel guilty for only paying temp help $7.25 an hour for extremly hard work! Company does NOT care about their employees, in management you are treated horrible with very high expectations. Work with some homeless temps that are sometimes desparate for work and often on drugs and alcohol. Horrible and unprofessional district management that do not follow the rules they hold you accountable for in northern ATL! Stay away! Work anywhere else besides LR.

Advice to Management

Accountability needs to start with you! If you are holding your staff to strict rules and guidelines then make sure you can follow them yourself first.

2. Very hard work for minimum wage

Former Employee - Laborer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Laborer in Denver, CO

I worked at Labor Ready part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Daily pay, With some of the companies actually looking to hire somebody.

Cons

Minimum wage very hard work.

Advice to Management

none

Unrealistic expectations and low pay

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Labor Ready does try to encourage its full-time employees with bonuses and other "give-aways." Their training program is also quite acceptable and helpful.

Cons

1. Low pay for full-time Customer Service Representatives. Because I did not want to go through another lengthy period of unemployment, I took a $3.00 an hour paycut to work at Labor Ready. $12.00 an hour is not enough for the kind of commitment and hard work that LR expects from its employees. 2. Less-than-truthful advertised job descriptions...I did not know, nor was I informed, that I would be expected to work nights and weekends when needed. There was one weekend that I had to make 5 trips to the office (a total of more than 120 miles) and was not reimbursed for any of my mileage. 3. Unrealistic expectations...Labor Ready advertises itself as a 24/7 "on demand" agency, but this puts undue pressure on both its full-time branch staff and its temporary associates. It is unrealistic to expect that temporary associates can be instantly ready and able to come to work at a moment's notice. People do have lives of their own! Furthermore, Labor Ready does not want to pay overtime to either its temporary associates or its full-time employees, yet they expect you to fill a job order that comes in late in the day, with only a very few minutes left before closing time. 4. Dirty, unattractive offices, and outdated computer equipment. 5. Critical, unrealistic branch managers.

Advice to Management

You need to raise the starting pay for your Customer Service Representatives and be willing to pay overtime when its needed. You also need to be realistic about your "on demand" service.

5. Time you'll never get back...ever!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The People I worked with directly were cool...more or less. Pay was decent.

Cons

Morale is very low. All employees (with exception to the 6-digit salaried mgmt) are paid well below scale and are seriously overworked. Say the wrong thing, or look the wrong way at her, and the CIO will fire you! Branch staff and TAs are NOT the only ones treated like crap. The Service Desk, Networking, National Sales, Customer Service (call center), Distribution & Shipping are all treated like stepchildren. The mgmt only cares about advancing their own careers and being "Yes men" to the technologically incompetent CIO. Always hiring "directors" for technology departments that couldn't even use a dual-monitor system, but yet are being hired to "run" the tech depts. STAY VERY FAR AWAY FROM TRUE BLUE, INC\LABOR READY!!!

Advice to Management

No advice to Mgmt, because they just don't care anyway.

Unsafe Work Environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No good Comments for the branch I worked in. Policies and procedures are not followed so therefore the Branch Mgr. should not have the job.

Cons

Over worked, under paid, neglectful people in charge.

Advice to Management

Might want to keep a closer watch on your branch managers to be sure they are actually out in the field doing their jobs and not sitting at home or out doing some extra ciricular activities having nothing to do with the business

7. In a word --- Horrible!

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

Absolutely, positively None! Stay away!

Cons

Rude people who do not care!

Advice to Management

Get some management!

8. not good

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

you will be payed that day

Cons

thay have a tendience to show faverittizem to blacks in geving a job out

Advice to Management

hier whights in the pontiac office

CSR

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a Job. Bad Area to work in. But, you get a paid every two weeks.

Cons

$11.40 per hour. Up to 40 hrs a week, no overtime. Bonus is $ 20.00 per Month

Advice to Management

Bad Area to work in. No Security.

10. Labor Ready is the worst temp agency I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Day Laborer in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Day Laborer in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Labor Ready (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid the same day you work.

Cons

The clients they use STINK! You are less than refuse to them. If you don't believe that go to your local office, sign up, and if you get sent out, watch how the client will put you in the most dangerous job possible. I have only worked for one client of theirs that showed any humanity and the rest I believe would shoot you as look at you. I have never seen such hate-filled hostility from any job assignment from any staffing agency as I have from the managers of companies that use Labor Ready. I remember one job I was sent out to with three other people. It was a job where we were to tear out the walls of a house that had burned. The on-site supervisor wouldn't help at all and talked smack to each of us at some point. One of the workers who was in the process of tearing down a ceiling was called an idiot while he was working his butt off. I'm surprised that he didn't snap on the nitwit supervisor right then. The supervisor wouldn't do one thing to help, but ran his hateful mouth to all of us that day and talked to most of us like we were dogs. What did Labor Ready do? Nothing! We went back and complained and the idiot at the desk just ignored us and handed us our sheets to sign. She didn't care. BOTTOM LINE: WORTHLESS DAY LABOR SERVICE, WORTHLESS CLIENTS! They know that most people who work for Labor Ready are desperate, need cash RIGHT NOW and they will run over you because of it. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

Advice to Management

Have a sliding scale for wages. Harder, more dangerous work, pay higher wages. Nothing at the Olathe KS office ever paid more than minimum wage.

11. I was less than happy with the pay and job assignments I received.

Former Employee - Laborer in South Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Laborer in South Houston, TX

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Any job is better than no job at all.

Cons

I don't like the new text messaging system they have established to noify workers

Advice to Management

Don't change the systems in placethat are already working.

RSS Feed </> Embed