Labor Ready Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
2.7

Steve Cooper

Pros
  • I was able to help temporary employees find work and sometimes full time positions (in 5 reviews)

• For many workers, assignments give workers an opportunity to try different kinds of work and as a means to obtaining full time employment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expects people to rearrange their schedules for a two hour assignment 40 minutes away that only pays minimum wage (in 10 reviews)

• Need to sharpen it to the company/goal and conduct real world training to the branch Managers (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible Experieince

I worked at Labor Ready part-time

Pros

There are no pros to this job at all dont work here

Cons

They use a cell phone for almost every thing , very low pay on average 30 bucks a job

Do background checks on the companies who work with you guys and stop treating temps like crap

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its quick and easy to get in.

Cons

They dont have their stuff together.
    Direct deposit takes up to 3 days.
    Online application wont be found.
    Their system has bugs.
    Try to play you.

Worsest agency ever!!!

Rude, disrespectful staff at local office. Recruiters are hardheaded and unreasonable and treat workers horribly.

Former Employee - Temp Worker in Decatur, IL
    Former Employee - Temp Worker in Decatur, IL

I worked at Labor Ready as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy to get hired on by this company

Cons

Unreliable hours, Rude recruiters. Branch manager actually HUNG UP ON ME when I expressed my frustration with the way I was being treated. Extremely unprofessional staff at local office. Expects people to rearrange their schedules for a two hour assignment 40 minutes away that only pays minimum wage.

Treat your employees like human beings and pay them a living wage

weird experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Most of my coworkers were very helpful in my learning process

Cons

Misled into believing I would earn more than my starting wage. Training was incomplete. There was a panic button to use in case we got irate workers. This made me nervous because a lot of my shift was worked alone in the building.

Make sure your reps know everything they need before expecting them to do the job alone. Stop the cussing!

Apparently, there is an 'I' in team

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Blue Springs, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Blue Springs, MO

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My branch manager was the greatest boss I've ever had. I had the flexibility I needed and the challenge I craved.

Cons

-they spend money on new companies for growth and fail to compensate the staff appropriately.
    -no team work as far as a district goes. Very cut throat. The district manager is the worst.
    -upper management pushes teamwork and being fair but then turns everyone against each other.
    -SO much work and responsibility for one person. Very stressful.

Overall, just care about your employees and appreciate the work they do. Give them a raise...this is no entry level $10.00-$11.79/hr job.

Horrible

I have been working at Labor Ready part-time

Pros

there aren't any to state here

Cons

The payrate is horrible. It's just not enough to properly maintain bills & care for my family

Increase the payrate

Complete abuse of the common worker

Current Employee - Common Laborer in Lawrence, MA
    Current Employee - Common Laborer in Lawrence, MA

I have been working at Labor Ready as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, and getting paid the same day IF someone happens to be in the office after your job assignment is over.

Cons

Work is hard to find if you do not have transportation and upper management has an incentive to reduce employee compensation as much as possible through corporate structure.

Consider the lively hood of average workers when sending them to the most hazardous jobs in the country and fight for better wages for them as oppose to profit margins for the owners considering every dollar earned by Labor Ready is off the backs of human beings.

drugs r us

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

possibility of getting hired by customer

Cons

having to work with people who are stoned or drunk before during and after work
    they only care about money- we brake our backs and they are charging 20+/- an hour for us, we get 9
    office is completely inept.

there are some skilled/good laborers there find them and pay them more.

Putting people to grueling work at minimum wage

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They do provide daily pay to people desperate enough to work for low wages. There is a degree of flexibility which allows for people with other responsibilities to pick and choose when they can work. Some of the work is in retail, stocking shelves for companies like Walmart. For many workers, assignments give workers an opportunity to try different kinds of work and as a means to obtaining full time employment.

Cons

Labor Ready's own records show that 10,000 workers (nearly 1.6% of its claimed 600,000 employees) are injured on the job every year. The AFL-CIO in a 2002 reported that Labor Ready works are injured at three times the U.S. average national rate. Various labor unions have accused Labor Ready of deceptive practices and of mistreating their employees.

Labor Ready has come under fire for misclassifying workers (for example, as clerical rather than construction) which has resulted in the company paying less money (and in some states nothing at all) into state workers compensation funds than would otherwise be required. It has been alleged that this conduct is systematic and intentional. I myself have seen workers on construction sites operating equipment (lifts, bobcats) while they are classified as construction clean up. Skilled workers are supposed to be compensated at prevailing wage , while the construction clean up workers only receive minimum ( or near minimum) wage. I have also seen this happen on retail remodeling work sites
    I have witnessed age and race discrimination when choosing from amongst similarly situated workers. (Labor Ready claims that they make assignment on a 'best fit.' basis) although this many times leaves older or less well dressed workers with no work: no pay.

Consider making policy changes which discipline managers who operate unfairly or mistreat workers. I suggest that the high employee injury rate occurs when employees invariably are assigned to do jobs that they are untrained and unsuited for.

Day work day pay

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

dont have to work everyday

Cons

Hard work for little to no pay :(

Labor Ready Photos

Working for Labor Ready means that you have many different kinds of jobs available.
We work with customers in a variety of industries.
One of our branch managers on a job site.

+ Add Photo