Labor Ready
www.laborready.com Tacoma, WA

Labor Ready Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Steve Cooper

Pros:
  • "they could always find work somewhere"
    in 3 reviews
  • "The ability to work with people from different states as a family"
    in 2 reviews
Cons:
  • "they didn't pay more than minimum wage"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Low pay for full-time Customer Service Representatives"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Sucks to have skills.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI found none. Think about it:

ConsJob market sucks as
    It is. He told me 5 out of 15 that applied last week he found work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake down your motto: get hired today get Paid today

Too soon

ProsJust signed up. Have no opinion yet

ConsHaven't been on here long enough to know any

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk after people have used site for a while

Used and abused!!! Labor Ready used me to give them a good name. Simply put!!! Was a star worker for them.

General Laborer (Former Employee)
    Manchester, NH

ProsLearning the several different types of work. Working for various companies.

ConsUnsteady employment. Slave wages! The office culture is about favorites. Not who does a good job and who doesn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to rethink policies heavily.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Team Clueless

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat industry in this economy. People you help that want to be helped can make you feel useful. Name recognition when talking with people.

ConsThe executive level of company is full of incompetent people that would not be wanted by other companies. They promote people who are poor performers but are great butt kissers. They also do not want to keep employees that just do the job and meet or exceed goals but are not interested in doing the political aspect. They only achieve results they have by volume and by the industry they are in.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is point when executives will not evaluate themselves. Pass of blame on others and just out for themselves.

Can't do a job that requires a high school degree.

Anonymous (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsNone!!!! People to stupid to do d payroll sameday. Especially when there moto is, work today and get paid today. The moto should be work to day and we will pay you when we figure out how to.

ConsWhere do I start?!! We want you to travel to a job that can be located anywhere. We will pay you less than what the job will ever pay because you are worth less than the job. Your safety is only their issue if you are injured and sue them. They are only interested in making themselves look good for the accounts they have. In the best interest for them not the emplyees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher someone with a high school diploma not a GED!

Horrible Employment Opportunities

General Labor (Former Employee)
    Novi, MI

ProsOnly pro I can think of is not being tied to one job.

ConsEverything, your not guaranteed employment, they request you come in at 5:00 in the morning to sit and possibly wait an entire day to see if you get a job. I waited 8 to 12 hours some days to get absolutely employment. For 3 months I sat and waited for a position for a job. Only to be employed twice.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe need a change in structure. To where instead of having a ton of people sitting around in their building waiting on day labor. They should have contact infomation to call people in when needed.

Pointless other than pocket money.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you can't get anything anywhere else, even collecting aluminum cans, go there.

ConsIf you're working here, there is only one step lower and that is prison.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to add.

They suck in flint

Day Laborer (Former Employee)
    Flint, MI

ProsI cannot say a good thing about the Flint office.

ConsWait hours for jobs then hours more for a check.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some different people to run the Flint branch.They do not treat the day laborers like a person,only a paycheck for them.Make you wait for hours EVERY Friday for your tiny check.

I was less than happy with the pay and job assignments I received.

Laborer (Former Employee)
    South Houston, TX

ProsAny job is better than no job at all.

ConsI don't like the new text messaging system they have established to noify workers

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change the systems in placethat are already working.

Labor Ready is the worst temp agency I've ever worked for!

Day Laborer (Current Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsYou get paid the same day you work.

ConsThe clients they use STINK! You are less than refuse to them. If you don't believe that go to your local office, sign up, and if you get sent out, watch how the client will put you in the most dangerous job possible.

I have only worked for one client of theirs that showed any humanity and the rest I believe would shoot you as look at you. I have never seen such hate-filled hostility from any job assignment from any staffing agency as I have from the managers of companies that use Labor Ready.

I remember one job I was sent out to with three other people. It was a job where we were to tear out the walls of a house that had burned. The on-site supervisor wouldn't help at all and talked smack to each of us at some point. One of the workers who was in the process of tearing down a ceiling was called an idiot while he was working his butt off. I'm surprised that he didn't snap on the nitwit supervisor right then.

The supervisor wouldn't do one thing to help, but ran his hateful mouth to all of us that day and talked to most of us like we were dogs.

What did Labor Ready do? Nothing! We went back and complained and the idiot at the desk just ignored us and handed us our sheets to sign. She didn't care.

BOTTOM LINE: WORTHLESS DAY LABOR SERVICE, WORTHLESS CLIENTS!

They know that most people who work for Labor Ready are desperate, need cash RIGHT NOW and they will run over you because of it. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a sliding scale for wages. Harder, more dangerous work, pay higher wages. Nothing at the Olathe KS office ever paid more than minimum wage.

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Labor Ready reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Labor Ready CEO Steve Cooper. All 109 reviews posted anonymously by Labor Ready employees.