Labor Ready Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
2.8

Steve Cooper

Pros
  • they could always find work somewhere (in 3 reviews)

• Very easy to start working here (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • they didn't pay more than minimum wage (in 7 reviews)

• 00 an hour is not enough for the kind of commitment and hard work that LR expects from its employees (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

weird experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Labor Ready full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of my coworkers were very helpful in my learning process

Cons

Misled into believing I would earn more than my starting wage. Training was incomplete. There was a panic button to use in case we got irate workers. This made me nervous because a lot of my shift was worked alone in the building.

Make sure your reps know everything they need before expecting them to do the job alone. Stop the cussing!

Apparently, there is an 'I' in team

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Blue Springs, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Blue Springs, MO

I worked at Labor Ready full-time for more than a year

Pros

My branch manager was the greatest boss I've ever had. I had the flexibility I needed and the challenge I craved.

Cons

-they spend money on new companies for growth and fail to compensate the staff appropriately.
    -no team work as far as a district goes. Very cut throat. The district manager is the worst.
    -upper management pushes teamwork and being fair but then turns everyone against each other.
    -SO much work and responsibility for one person. Very stressful.

Overall, just care about your employees and appreciate the work they do. Give them a raise...this is no entry level $10.00-$11.79/hr job.

Learning many different job fields and gaining experience...

Current Employee - Driver/Laborer/Wearhouse  in  Sherwood, AR
    Current Employee - Driver/Laborer/Wearhouse in Sherwood, AR

I have been working at Labor Ready part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Help you with a wide range out work experience...

Cons

Just not enough work never not consistent...

Keep the workers on the same job when others don't show up for work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If your desperate its a quick way to get some money working various labor assignments. T

Current Employee - General Labor
    Current Employee - General Labor

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are really hard up, its a quick way to get money. They pay you the same day. One assignment in particular turned out to be long term and I got lots of overtime. They text you everyday with the various job assignments.

Cons

Lately they have been limiting overtime. A lot of the jobs are dangerous and dirty. Most assignments only pay minimum wage.

Try to boost the pay. Some of the assignments involve very dangerous heavy lifting and you risking injury for minimum wage.

Marketing Sales Manager Labor Ready

Current Employee - Marketing Sales Manager  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Marketing Sales Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I very much enjoyed meeting the public in my job. Meeting supervisors, owners, managers on different job sites. It was interesting to learn what they do and how they work. I made a lot of friends.

Cons

The comparisons the company made to lower employment areas were unrealistic in their goals for me. I was stretched too far in area so that most of my time was spent driving which was unproductive. People employed by Labor Ready did not last 5 years. 800 offices and no one lasted over 5 years. That says A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DM's of this company should study demographics and educate themselves better. All they did was shout numbers when I was there. No one ever helped mentor. They only cared about the all mighty dollar and not the workers at all who were taken advantage of. The workers are the life's blood of this company and I never saw upper management even SPEAK to any of them. My paycheck came from their sweat and it made me feel guilty.

It's a great option you get out what you put in!

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Steubenville, OH
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Steubenville, OH

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time for more than a year

Pros

This place can will change the lives of those who are willing. If you have the right mindset you will do well. I have had several people tell me that they have change their lives.

Cons

The people that don't believe they make a difference is what can impact an entire branch and community.

Steve and Wayne you are Rock Stars. Keep growing and allowing us to provide specialization. We are well on our journey to True Blue!

The CSR: Cogs in the BLUE MACHINE

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great learning experience in what not to do.

Cons

CSRs are overworked and underpaid. Every few months more responsibilities are added while wages are held down and overtime is restricted. Management has no understanding of how a branch - let alone a 'super branch' functions. All management is concerned with is NOI, weekly gross margin, not having any OT for CSRs and not receiving customer complaints.

One person cannot:
    • open an office 5:30 am,
    • dispatch 20 - 40 workers - have those workers report on time,
    • conduct site visits,
    • contact customers to see how business is going,
    • call potential new customers,
    • place new job orders,
    • recruit new workers (applications, drug tests, E-verify, interview),
    • call delinquent customers for payment,
    • complete regular office management (update W-2, run new background checks, update customer / employee records, clean the office, order supplies, trouble shoot IT issues) and
    • payout workers
    without making any mistakes.

Such a work schedule would burn out the most enthusiastic worker leading to fatigue, low morale, errors and finally resignation or termination within 2 -3 years.

While there are some CSRs that have worked for Labor Ready for 5 - 10 years (senior CSRs), these are not the ones who handle the bulk of the above responsibilities. Senior CSRs have carved out their own responsibilities and limits and have pushed all new responsibilities on junior / rookie CSRs. For example, some senior CSR do not conduct site visits or only handle closing of the office - so they never come in at 530 am.

Change the Customer Service Representative (CSR) position into a salaried position, with a salary range between 45k - 55k. Remove the 40 hour restriction. The work that CSRs handle cannot be completed in a 40 hour week.

Horrible

I have been working at Labor Ready part-time

Pros

there aren't any to state here

Cons

The payrate is horrible. It's just not enough to properly maintain bills & care for my family

Increase the payrate

Complete abuse of the common worker

Current Employee - Common Laborer  in  Lawrence, MA
    Current Employee - Common Laborer in Lawrence, MA

I have been working at Labor Ready as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, and getting paid the same day IF someone happens to be in the office after your job assignment is over.

Cons

Work is hard to find if you do not have transportation and upper management has an incentive to reduce employee compensation as much as possible through corporate structure.

Consider the lively hood of average workers when sending them to the most hazardous jobs in the country and fight for better wages for them as oppose to profit margins for the owners considering every dollar earned by Labor Ready is off the backs of human beings.

Labor Ready helps you get back on your feet.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Asheville, NC

I worked at Labor Ready full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was able to help temporary employees find work and sometimes full time positions.

Cons

Your jobs do not always go the way you planned them daily with call outs from workers with odd excuses at the last minute.

Labor Ready Photos

Working for Labor Ready means that you have many different kinds of jobs available.
We work with customers in a variety of industries.
One of our branch managers on a job site.

+ Add Photo

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!