Laclede Group

Laclede Group President & CEO Suzanne Sitherwood

Suzanne Sitherwood

Business Development

Business Development (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsNew leadership with a focus on growth through acquisitions which provides opportunities for employees willing to embrace change and personal development. The company is looking for new markets and applications for natural gas. Very comprehensive benefit package with defined pension and 401k.

ConsExtremely lean which translate to significant work demands. Most work weeks are 50 hours plus. For certain positions, salary is lower than industry average.

Reorganization

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGreat benefits, Great people for the most part.

ConsWay the Reorganiztion was done.

The Laclede Group

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsVery stable company offering unlimited ability to advance and/or grow within the company. They recognized great employees and reward them accordingly.

ConsWork can become monotonous some days and other days it is so crazy busy you can't find time to go to the bathroom.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give so many chances to unproductive employees. If you see someone isn't doing their job or performing it in a sub par way, replace them. I get sick of carrying my load and theirs and also feel like I'm babysitting a grown up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad managements

Product Officer (Current Employee)

ProsGood pays, good benefit, nice working environment

ConsExtremely weak management. Management is not held to account while employes are. Employees working directly for management (in offices) are constantly given awards while people who actually move the mail are ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement really needs to communicate with employees and make the workplace more enjoyable.

Not bad, not good

Gas Control Supervisor (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGreat benefits and good people. A very conservative attitude and if you like that then you would love it there.

ConsLow pay, not a lot of chance for advancement. About 10 years behind the curve as far as IT. The company as a whole has a union mentallity.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say to keep coming along. There is alot of effort going on to improve things but they are losing good people in the mean time.

Worked for Laclede Group? Contribute to the Community!