Lacoste Reviews

Updated October 11, 2014
2.7

Lacoste Directeur Général José-Luis Durán
José-Luis Durán

Pros
  • Employees get free clothing allowance twice per years (in 13 reviews)

• Lacoste has a great discount and takes care of their employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management right now is very unsteady with lots of change over (in 14 reviews)

• Prior to that, there was no room for career growth, and raises were 3% or under (if you're lucky) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people, awesome work environment.

I worked at Lacoste

Pros

The people who choose to work here are appreciated for their individuality. Great style, and relatable managers. A youthful style attracts ambitious and determined people who appreciate a retail environment.

Cons

Retail hours are always long, short breaks, and depending on the location, certain personality types make for a stressful transaction experience.

Lack of communication

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Lacoste full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount was 70% off retail price
    Clothing allowance

Cons

Blackout periods the entire year
    Lack of communication,locations close and you hear it from angry customers because they visited the store and it is now gone
    Un realistic goals, loss of brand integrity

Listen to your store teams

Great retail experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lacoste part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay at Lacoste is very competitive for retail. There is also a great atmosphere that is welcoming and conducive to a healthy work environment. The store and retail managers pay attention to each store and specific need to provide a high quality shopping environment for clients.

Cons

If you do not like working in retail, the retail components of Lacoste will seem like a downside.

Past Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Lacoste full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Chances for opportunity
    Company is very high spirited and positive

Cons

Disorganization
    Always changing promos with no consideration
    Upper management doesn't listen to complaints
    Never get the product needed for business

It was good while it lasted...

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Lacoste part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Product, great staff, HR actually listens to complaints. It is also a great brand to start with if you want to begin a career in "Luxury Retail". Great discount as well.

Cons

Upper Management sucks. (Well I know my regional manager does). She micromanages wayyy too much. She has also drove 3 store managers away from my store. She even made the first one cry through email. She is definitely a cyber bully, but will come to your store and smile in your face. Those who have been with the company for a while gossip with her and plot on how to get rid of the people that they do not care for. (I have seen it with my own eyes.) My regional manager is also a racist. She said some out of line comments to me about the customers that really made me uncomfortable. She sets a bad atmosphere for the store. She upsets the store managers, and it trickles down. The first two store managers I worked with did a good job of hiding it. This was when I was the happiest. As soon as she began visiting the store more often, and communicating with people in the store directly, the fun and friendly work environment was no more. There is literally no one who enjoys their job anymore. I did consider myself a very loyal employee, but ever since I have seen some things that I do not like, I am ready to leave. I am hoping to find another position in the very near future.

Really take time to evaluate the goals and objectives of your top managers (store managers, regional managers.) Some of the accusations that keep coming up are true. We would not be making this up otherwise!

No work/life balance, nothing is streamlined, training for management is hit or miss.

I have been working at Lacoste part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The discount is good, if you like the product. Also the store teams are relatively small, which makes it easier to foster good relationships with fellow associates and members of management.

Cons

No additional payroll hours are given to support any operation/back of house tasks. If you are on salary, expect to work well over 40 hours a week just to complete everything that needs to be done or be scolded when things aren't completed.

Time off - seems like EVERY other weekend is black out, which means you may not request time off. Fathers Day weekend, 4th of July, a random week in September, yep! Expect to be working. I realize this is not uncommon in retail, but it is excessive here at Lacoste. Also, the schedule is only made a week in advance for the store. The store manager gets first "dibs" on time off and will not allow other management to be off on the same time period. There have been instances where people's vacations have been booked and flights paid for, but you are still on the schedule for that time period.

Training is inconsistent. Some managers may be fully trained, some may not. There is a very thorough training list/packet that corporate has put together that must be signed and sent back in when completed, but it's really at the store managers discretion to whether it gets done or not.

Hours are supposed to be given to associates on the basis of whoever is most productive on the selling floor. Not the case in my particular store. Schedule is done entirely on availability with no concern to who is needed the most at a particular time.

Streamline all of your systems and check in with team members periodically to ensure that you have a positive culture/work environment.

Excellent workplace

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Lacoste part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great workplace, friendly environment, good pay, and easy work

Cons

not very flexible with hours

Good Company, Just not for me

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at Lacoste part-time (less than an year)

Pros

70% off discount once you work for a month, but you have a limit of how much you can purchase within a couple of months. Free polo's once you are hired. But it is considered Company property within the 3 months, after that it's yours!

Cons

Had to meet sales goal in order to get hours. Since the company isn't as popular as it use to be, we don't have much clients coming in and out, which meant NO HOURS! Always last minute schedule changes from management, cutting back hours. However, Management has their favorite associates and they will get the hours before anyone else.

TRULY care about your staff and not just the brand. All of the good workers left because Management was unorganized

Great

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Lacoste part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get a 40 percent discount

Cons

I had to do everything. Fold clothes, ring the customer up, go back in the stock, and clean the store.

Paid well to be spread thin and worked hard!

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Lacoste full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Product, and company image, product often sells itself, easy to style and wear. Company will pay will, but work you hard.

Cons

Company has no structure, does not know how to promote, stand behind and back product. Sales change day to day, markdowns one weekend, % off the next... inconstancy makes for more work for employees, and confusion for customers. Little coverage, and no payroll hours for important tasks like stocking, or selling, or floor coverage, or office and management work... Training is awful, due to store to store inconstancies, and little training time!

More payroll hours! more coverage! You will be hounded on KPIs and conversion, with only two associates for a Sunday. How can we sell a product, much less prevent theft, and shrink if there is no hours and such high stress!

Lacoste Photos

Display room for wholesale
Lacoste (Photo thanks to Flickr user Taku, Some Rights Reserved)
Lacoste (Photo thanks to Flickr user thinkretail, Some Rights Reserved)
Lacoste (Photo thanks to Flickr user thinkretail, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo