Lacoste Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Thierry Guibert

Pros
  • Clothing Allowance, pretty good health care (in 14 reviews)

• small store, small staff, great discount (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't listen to complaints (in 15 reviews)

• No room to move up anyway because of poor sales across the board (aside from Quebec) (in 5 reviews)

1. Great company to work for!!

Pros

Great company culture and I had a great team to work with!

Cons

Raises are underwhelming for the amount of effort put into meeting sales goals.

2. Good experience

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Williamsburg, VA
    Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Williamsburg, VA

I worked at Lacoste part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good hands on experience in the fashion/retail field (cashier responsibilities, customer service etc) Helpful and encouraging management Friendly coworkers

Cons

Long hours can be difficult for sales associates, especially while juggling school also More structure and guidelines in terms of specific associate responsibilities

3. Sales Associate

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

No cons while working there

Advice to Management

Demanding but great

Great Work Environment

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor
    Current Employee - Sales Supervisor

I have been working at Lacoste (More than a year)

Pros

- Clothing Allowance for Wardrobe - Commission - Great Customers(most of the time) - Welcoming Work Environment and Staff feels like family

Cons

Cut discount to 50% from 70% No longer allowed to wear items from the current collection, only white, navy, and platinum polis with navy chinos provided by the company. (what ever happened to people buy what you wear in the store) Corporate seems disconnected with the Boutiques and Outlets Receive part time wardrobe even though working 35+ hours a week, and since we can only wear what is given to us now, it makes it a hassle!

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to reconnect with the stores, and I feel like this company could go very far.

6. Great brand - Awful leaders at the helm

Former Employee - Field Executive in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Field Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at Lacoste (More than a year)

Pros

Strong brand heritage with a product that people from all over the world can connect with. Strong compensation and benefits but not enough to put up with some field leaders. Very passionate people that truly deserve better.

Cons

Leadership through fear, at every department level and on the field there is zero trust which creates a "every man for themselves" attitude and prevents collaboration. The brand advocates values but truly only stands behind accountability. There are zero core competencies exercised where the only skill that counts is mere merchandising acceptance. High turnover at every level is the true tale of leadership here.

Advice to Management

Learn to value and trust your people, without trust no relationship is ever sustainable.

7. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Lacoste part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great managers and good working environment. Loved being able to work with people I enjoyed being around. I was constantly on the move and kept very busy.

Cons

Pay was not very good, and there were point in which coworkers were very competitive with commission. I was constantly being scheduled for an hour or two below full time so I wouldn't have to be paid a full-time salary and receive benefits.

Advice to Management

My advice would be for the managers to be around more and really pay attention to what their employees say. However, my two managers are no longer with the company so I can't speak for right now.

8. Hard Working Enviroment

I worked at Lacoste full-time

Pros

- Good Discount - Great Travel Opportunities - Cool Events - Corporate celebrates ALL Holidays - Always opportunities to challenge yourself

Cons

- Promote slowly - Strong influence from HR on all aspects of the job - Not enough balance between work and home life - Hard to meet Senior Management Expectations with out letting it affect your personal life - Same rules do not apply for all departments

9. Great Environment

Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Towson, MD

I have been working at Lacoste part-time

Pros

The people are the great, the commission isn't too bad, very laid-back but professional environment.

Cons

Not many I can think of. Can get boring but usually you should have something to do.

10. I love working for this company. It's not perfect, but it's still great.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Lacoste part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunity is there but you have to work hard for it. All the benefits and perks are also a huge Pro for working with Lacoste.

Cons

Corporate management needs to be more involved with the boutiques and outlets. Many times there is no connection between corporate and the people who are working hard in the front lines of boutiques and outlets. Therefore, sometimes we feel as if we aren't appreciated by the people we work hard to impress.

Advice to Management

There needs to a be a real connection between corporate and stores. The stores are the front lines, and corporate doesn't know what goes on on our day to day. Rather than looking at numbers and stats, their should be a true connection and relationship with the boutiques and outlets.

11. after 3 years

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Lacoste (More than 3 years)

Pros

great company, good place to start career

Cons

expensive, no cons.good place ...

RSS Feed </> Embed