Lacoste Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Thierry Guibert

Pros
  • Clothing Allowance, pretty good health care (in 14 reviews)

• small store, small staff, great discount (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't listen to complaints (in 15 reviews)

• No room to move up anyway because of poor sales across the board (aside from Quebec) (in 5 reviews)

1. Great experience!

I have been working at Lacoste

Pros

Cool clothing, heritage brand, clothing allowance, discount, great learning experience, potential for growth, great sense of teamwork company wide, mostly reasonable deadlines

Cons

Reduced hours, reduced discount, no compensation for overtime, miscommunication throughout

Advice to Management

Compensate entry level positions (SA/ SS) better to help reduce turnover. The longer someone works for us, the more familiar they will be with our product. The more familiar they are with our product, the more confidence they will have in selling it.
    When stores are down in staff, be more understanding during deadlines.

2. Ehh

Current Employee - Keyholder in Monroe, OH
    Current Employee - Keyholder in Monroe, OH

I have been working at Lacoste

Pros

The people are incredible. It will truly make you feel like you're part of a family, which is important

Cons

They cut the discount to 50%... Expensive is putting it nicely.

Advice to Management

Lacoste needs to get their stuff together

3. Sales Supervisor

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at Lacoste

Pros

-Discount is great. 70% off in-store
    -Good pay for retail
    -Good opportunities to grow

Cons

- Long hours
    - Usually shortstaffed

5. Poor treatment

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor

I worked at Lacoste (Less than a year)

Pros

Great discount if you the product

Cons

Treated the employees terribly and poor product quality

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better

6. great work place

I worked at Lacoste

Pros

friendly enviorment to work in.

Cons

not enough hours offered per week.

7. sales manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Lacoste part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lacoste is simply a great environment to work in with tons of different ethnics interested in the brand

Cons

The only downside at Lacoste was the amount of work available during the slow season

8. Sales Supervisor

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lacoste part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The discount is amazing and you can float between locations.

Cons

The upper management was no stabl, and the core values of the company are not reflected in employee treatmen, No opportunity to grow, and there was never a balance between work and life outside of work because you were always working and barely able to take time off.

Advice to Management

Listen to your associates and find better resolution options

9. Great potential, but f

I worked at Lacoste

Pros

Great relationships cultivated. Able to be very hands on in hiring for your stores.

Cons

Mixed messages and no real direction. Product took a nose dive with new designer.

Advice to Management

Go back to what the company is know for- preppy and classic. Have a clear product message and the rest will follow.

10. A nightmare, it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I worked at Lacoste (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount at 70%, flexible, good hours

The computer work is pretty easy, it does take getting used, there is payroll which is great skill to have, I took notes during training to help. Corporate sends daily emails on what is going on, I would connect with other stores if you want to grow , it's a good way to always gain advice from seniors.

Cons

I was a walk in applicant for the Sales Manager position, full time, like advertised on the door. The sales associate told me how desperately the position needed to be filled, so I considered. I interviewed twice, first with General Manager then District Manager, it was easy and super chill. I was given an offer and took it immediately. Come the first or second day on the job I was told by my coworker that I am not a Sales Manager, but a Sales Supervisor and upper management decided, "they would like someone better than myself". My coworker even added how she deserves the Sales Manager position out of everyone in the store. I immediately called my General Manager, and she did apologize and said, "We decided to keep you as a "Sales Supervisor" instead, you do not have enough corporate working experience, but your pay is the same".

Once I started selling and learning the Lacoste game and getting to know how my coworkers were like as a team, many were careless about the job, some took selling way over board. I followed the books by being a team and individual player, took turns with coworkers on selling whereas others were so demanding to have all sales rung up under their name and keep credit by taking advantages of coworkers behind their backs. I suggest reading the Lacoste handbooks and know the selling rules because people will take advantage and to make money here they don't care. If you don't make sales it becomes an issue to management and they will document that, they document everything too. When I say it was aggressive times that by 10 is how aggressive it was. It is easy to move up only if you are great at selling to customers. You are given hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly goals to achieve. It is slow at times, but it gets better as you go. As for upper management, management is not so bad, but selling it what keeps their job, so if your making sales your safe. If upper management has a favorite and you become rivals with their favorite you will be dismissed.

This location is a huge tourist location so keeping clients is hard sometimes. You have to take down their email and numbers to send them thank you emails, consistent follow up helps you. It is a high end city, there is a huge clientele at times it is easy to sell polo shirts all day, but then again there are always returns. You cannot always trust coworkers to put any sale under your name if they come in when you email them and coworkers will talk them out of items you and the customer discussed about just to gain on a sale.

I suggest you have a notebook and jot down notes and quotes of any negatives that happen, yes it went that far with me I had to defend myself, I was constantly intimidated by another coworker. At times, other coworkers did not care to perform well, there was no point because of how aggressive it was to sell and keep credit. One of my coworkers would watch me carefully on the sales floor and run to the sales floor to give me an assignment so he/she can takeover the sale. Nonetheless, I would work my shifts and follow through on tasks and another coworker would come in later and and replay the security footage and make me explain why and what I was doing. I have never in my life been a bad worker or employee and for that to happen is disrespectful! I immediately confronted management. That only happened to me I asked other coworkers if they were treated that way they said no.

Advice to Management

Show some respect and give credit to everyones hard work.

11. Great discount, no balances

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor

I worked at Lacoste full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome discount, even though it's off original price. Great product, great quality!!

Cons

Work load can be a bit too much, but it is retail. Pay scale needs to be re vamped. "Luxury Brand" but doesn't pay like one.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring general managers they're nothing but a waste of payroll, keep it simple with a SM and ASM's.

RSS Feed </> Embed