Lacoste

Updated November 22, 2014
2.8

Lacoste Directeur Général José-Luis Durán
José-Luis Durán

Pros
  • Employees get free clothing allowance twice per years (in 14 reviews)

• Lacoste has a great discount and takes care of their employees (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management right now is very unsteady with lots of change over (in 15 reviews)

• Prior to that, there was no room for career growth, and raises were 3% or under (if you're lucky) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Lacoste full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount, benefits, clothing allowance

Cons

Change in upper management,small growth opportunity

Sales Supervisor

I have been working at Lacoste

Pros

Great people, very fun atmosphere

Cons

little to no organization, little communication

Listen to your field

good company

I have been working at Lacoste

Pros

small store, small staff, great discount

Cons

promoting from within only happens in the corporate or high management team

Value the workers and their dedication.

Don't believe the hype! Quickly taking a nose dive, Ouch!

Current Employee - Retail Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Lacoste full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Discounts, experience, and name recognition. You will get micro managed by some supervisor(s) that act very child like. So if you like feeling like you have a babysitter then this place is for you. If you enjoy working like a mule for low income, this is the place for you.

Cons

No more wardrobe, if so maybe a black polo for sales people who sell all goods. While corp. Pull anything they want every few months. Makes no sense since they sit at a desk, while the sales people are literally working to pay their salary and get nothing or little to nothing for the year. Lacoste used to give generous clothing allowances, used to be a great add on to selling a sales position. No work life balance!

Too many hands turning the wheel! Think if you had to run the store and had to do everything each department sets for them. A few visual moves with 24 hour notice for completion, unreasonable work demands, no support. If you ask for help it's just used against you in your annual review and one looks unfit to climb the ladder unless your part of the clique. Changing districts, areas, every few months. No normalcy, poor communication, they want to build on exterior connections to build the brand, but there doing a disservice by over working and mistreating their employees. Unless your someone's mole, a yes person, then there is no future. Your reminded that you are replaceable and they will replace you immediately. 1/2 hr. breaks, and they try to sell you a position with no dollar increase, by stating you are now getting benefits. Don't drink the Jesus juice!

Poor experience!!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Lacoste full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great men's product line. The women's line leaves little to be desired!

Cons

Little to no training and development. No career advancement potential. Poor work/life balance.

Consider practicing what you preach!

Lack of communication

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Lacoste full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount was 70% off retail price
    Clothing allowance

Cons

Blackout periods the entire year
    Lack of communication,locations close and you hear it from angry customers because they visited the store and it is now gone
    Un realistic goals, loss of brand integrity

Listen to your store teams

Great people, awesome work environment.

I worked at Lacoste

Pros

The people who choose to work here are appreciated for their individuality. Great style, and relatable managers. A youthful style attracts ambitious and determined people who appreciate a retail environment.

Cons

Retail hours are always long, short breaks, and depending on the location, certain personality types make for a stressful transaction experience.

Great retail experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lacoste part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay at Lacoste is very competitive for retail. There is also a great atmosphere that is welcoming and conducive to a healthy work environment. The store and retail managers pay attention to each store and specific need to provide a high quality shopping environment for clients.

Cons

If you do not like working in retail, the retail components of Lacoste will seem like a downside.

Past Manager

I worked at Lacoste full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Chances for opportunity
    Company is very high spirited and positive

Cons

Disorganization
    Always changing promos with no consideration
    Upper management doesn't listen to complaints
    Never get the product needed for business

It was good while it lasted...

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Lacoste part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Product, great staff, HR actually listens to complaints. It is also a great brand to start with if you want to begin a career in "Luxury Retail". Great discount as well.

Cons

Upper Management sucks. (Well I know my regional manager does). She micromanages wayyy too much. She has also drove 3 store managers away from my store. She even made the first one cry through email. She is definitely a cyber bully, but will come to your store and smile in your face. Those who have been with the company for a while gossip with her and plot on how to get rid of the people that they do not care for. (I have seen it with my own eyes.) My regional manager is also a racist. She said some out of line comments to me about the customers that really made me uncomfortable. She sets a bad atmosphere for the store. She upsets the store managers, and it trickles down. The first two store managers I worked with did a good job of hiding it. This was when I was the happiest. As soon as she began visiting the store more often, and communicating with people in the store directly, the fun and friendly work environment was no more. There is literally no one who enjoys their job anymore. I did consider myself a very loyal employee, but ever since I have seen some things that I do not like, I am ready to leave. I am hoping to find another position in the very near future.

Really take time to evaluate the goals and objectives of your top managers (store managers, regional managers.) Some of the accusations that keep coming up are true. We would not be making this up otherwise!

Lacoste Photos