Laerdal Medical Corp.

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Johnson

good experience

Prosgreat benefits- hands on culture

Consneed more consistency in marketing department

Advice to Senior Managementneed leadership training

Great Company With Growth Potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany tries to involve employees in regular meetings/updates on what is going on in the industry and what that translates to for them

ConsSome disconnects between inter-department communication, SOP seems to vary depending on who you speak with

Great Workers but Top Management Ruins Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Wappingers Falls, NY

ProsGreat people who genuinely care about they product, customers and the company mission of "Helping Save Lives'. Work/Life balance excellent and benefits beyond generous

ConsUpper Management loves to 'ReOrg' on a constant basis which causes nothing but DISorganization and confusion. Roles and responsibilities of Senior Management seem to change all the time, which makes it incredibly hard to do your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a company that preaches 'No more silos' - Upper Management does a pretty good job of compartmentalizing information on a 'need to know only' basis. Try launching a new product when no one will even divulge what the name of the product IS!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Laerdal is a great company to work for.

Purchasing (Current Employee) Gatesville, TX

ProsThey treat their employees very well.

ConsNo one leaves the company so there is very little room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more global positions.

Rewarding with little advancement

ProsBenefits - start with 4 weeks vacation, health care
    International company in a small town.
    Excellent Mission - Helping Save Lives

ConsLittle opportunity for advancement.
    Management is often slow to make decisions and true lasting change.

Used to be fantastic, now seems like a sinking ship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic benefits, pension, 401K, and a true family feel amongst coworkers.

ConsThe mission, Helping Save Lives, used to really mean something - and you could tell everyone where you worked with pride. For the last several years, it has become evident that this is no longer true, as the mission of saving lives by improving patient outcomes, education, and first-class product has been replaced by substandard product, confused or misdirected service focus, and poor employee morale. Now sales are tanking, the company claims they are becoming more "service focused" and layoffs have begun. It's a sad picture of a once-great company, and I can only hope that someone sees what is going on and turns this boat around.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing the formula and focus of the company - strive to recognize your errors, fix them, apologize to your customer base, and move forward in a way that would make Tor Laerdal proud. You have lost sight of what has made this company great for so long, and have decided to divest yourselves of your most valuable assets - your employees who truly believe in the mission.

New company in Field Service business, many growing pains

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits at time of employment here.

ConsDoes not care about employees more about pleasing management style

Advice to Senior ManagementFar away from trusting management and company, if company is even aware of management style, seems like a poor match

Overall, not a bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wappingers Falls, NY

ProsGenerous PTO, good benefits package, relaxed work atmosphere

ConsRelatively low pay, glass ceiling, some managers are bad

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder to retain good people

Saving Lives- rarely extended to former employees who become disabled.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall town location for an international company, great commute for locals. Nice mission statement, makes you feel that your contributions are helping to save lives. Generous PTO, 401K, Health Benefits.

ConsThere is a Glass Ceiling, Senior Management has not recognized some very cable women in the CEO, CFO, VP role. Also less flexibility for work -life balance, depending on the team and manager. If you have a chronic illness that is well documented, be prepared to be discharged under the guise of "performance issues."
    If there''s a personality or management issue, I've seen them demote a long time female employee , only to discharge the manager with the problem at a much later date. Favoritism is an issue, lack of diversity and opportunities for the disabled.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your Glass Ceiling and " Good Old Boys" mentality. Treat employees who become ill fairly, rather than find ways to Dismiss them "legally.'
    There is a certain profile that is missing from your employees, where is the diversity? Where are the minorities and opportunities for the disabled at your corporate headquarters?

Field Based Service employee's

Field Based (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCompany provided car and meal allowance.

ConsInside/direct line management treats their Field personnel with little to no support and lack a positive direction . Status quo is their mission with little to no regards to customer's request and needs. They also have little to no respect for family values and will use you as a commodity. They will tell you if you don't like it you know where the door is.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold your line manager's accountable for what they are being paid to do. Stand up and take positive action. Do not just sit there and think about it.

Worked for Laerdal Medical Corp.? Contribute to the Community!