Lafarge North America

Lafarge North America Reviews

Updated Mar 14, 2014

Lafarge North America CEO Bruno Lafont

Bruno Lafont

One of the best companies to work for. Retain employees for a long time. Respect safety of employee.

Manager (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Lafarge North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStable environment with room to grow. Large organization to learn from. Lafarge has a nice salary structure and health benefits package. The company values safety more than many others and although the process of working safely for some is a pain in the rear, I welcomed it.

ConsNot many. A down or slow economy creates a "doom and gloom" atmosphere and "do more with less" attitude, but most all industries will experience the same. The cement manufacturing & distribution industry is like a roller coaster ride.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good company to work for

Financial Accountant (Current Employee)
Southfield, MI

I have been working at Lafarge North America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsReally good benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k, life, disability, reimbursements for gym memberships and awesome maternity leave policy! Most management is capable and attentive and they really focus on developing their employees to advance. Low turn-over and great employee morale. Flex-time and ability to work from home.

ConsBusiness structure and environment CONSTANTLY and QUICKLY changes so if you're not used to working in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment, this would not be the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith all the constant changes, communicate plans better.

Employee centered company

Southfield, MI

I have been working at Lafarge North America

ProsThey are really focused on making the employees happy. They try to empower all employees and managers to control their own area of responsibility.

ConsIn trying to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. Too much read tape in trying to get things done.

Advice to Senior Managementstream line the decision making process, git rid of all the committees and teams and allow the subject matter experts to do their jobs.

Challenging and educational

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lafarge North America

ProsBenefits, work-life balance, HR promotes 2-way feedback during reviews, promotes constant professional development, strict committment to safety at every location

ConsLack of communication and last minute urgent requests from parent company in Paris cause undue stress and overtime for many departments

Advice to Senior Managementlook within your departments for promotion opportunities before going outside the company and push back on some of the illogical requests from Paris

Great Place to work

I have been working at Lafarge North America

ProsProvides great work/life balance, competitive salaries and compensation packages, opportunities for advancement, and learning opportunities both internally and externally. A great place to work overall. Relocation opportunities exist, within North America, and abroad.

ConsSome (not all) advancement opportunities may require relocation - but if you're open to that, great opportunities do exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen our markets do eventually return, hopefully lessons we've learned during this downturn will not be forgotten

Manager in training

Manager In Training (Former Employee)
Presque Isle, MI

I worked at Lafarge North America

ProsThe company is an innovative and competitive place to work. There are many positives to be found as an employee through training, support and advancement.

ConsThere are some negative aspects associated with LNA as that they are a large company and you are likely to find yourself remitted to red tape when working on projects. There are some union shops in small sites that inhibit the overall advancement of the individual plants.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in touch with the employees. There is already a great system to do so, and it should be maintained, as the employees are the biggest assets.

Great employer

Prosemployee oriented
people development
strong commitment to sustainable growth
safety conscious

Consslow to react to market changes

Advice to Senior Managementmore commitment to technology and less focus on consensus building

Great company , big jobs means a lot of $

Driver (Current Employee)
New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Lafarge North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLot of home time when it rains, but you can make a weeks pay in two days on a big job.

ConsNo minimum pay for rainy week, which somtimes can hurt if you dont save for rainy days.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work saftey first great driver manager very involved in driver saftey

Nice workplace. Overall good experience.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Lafarge North America full-time for less than a year

ProsGood working environment and company culture.

ConsThe company is too far away.

Good company but could be better.

Reston, VA

I have been working at Lafarge North America full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat management. Lot of down to earth people who don't bother you as long as you do what you are supposed to do.

ConsNot many opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities and training that would result in more internal promotions.

Worked for Lafarge North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lafarge North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lafarge North America CEO Bruno Lafont. All 57 reviews posted anonymously by Lafarge North America employees.