Lafarge

Lafarge Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Lafarge Président-Directeur Général Bruno Lafont

Bruno Lafont

Pros
  • Lafarge offered good benefits like a company vehicle, insurance, and pay was OK(in 6 reviews)

• Professional, great people, fantastic learning ground for people out of school(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The pace of decision making is slow; internal moves across the different business lines need stronger focus(in 7 reviews)

• Divergence between Top Management & Technical Team(in 3 reviews)

Lafarge Top Management

Dy Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDon;t Go in Lafarge for work , will spoil the future

Cons3rd Class HR & Top Management , Inexperienced people Leading the teams of Experienced , Not proper HR Policies for Employee ,force for Seniors reporting to Juniors ,

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave the posts if cant manage

Discrimination in Lafarge Iraq Concrete

Plant (Current Employee) Basra (Iraq)

ProsOverall seems good company in Europe

ConsLafarge in uncivilized countries make people work like a dog. In Iraq Lafarge Concrete no body has a right, GM is king. He is telling lie for his succsess

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the management in Iraq Concrete

Poor Place

Plant Manager (Current Employee) Albany, NY

ProsCement can run its self

ConsBad upper Management out look

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lafarge Syria, Very Corrupt Company, Have a Great Potential Misused

Lafarge Employee (Current Employee) Aleppo (Syria)

ProsGood salary "for few employee only"
    Training and improvement opportunities "for few employee only"
    International big company, with good experience for some positions

Conseveryone worked in Lafarge outside Syria tell you that there is a big difference between them and Lafarge Syria, and that Lafarge Syria is not a Lafarge !!!

- The HR department role the company, they hire their contacts in the best positions, with the best salaries and distribute the benefits only between them.

- There is no salaries policy, some employees in the same positions with lower competencies, experiences and education, get 50% higher salary, because of their contact to the HR "Specially in the HO", some workers get more than specialist, technicians more than engineers,and normal staff more than their supervisors who work with them in the same place.

- Purchasing department also corrupted, they get commission of all the contracts and purchases they make, some of them making millions every year, with the cover from the top management and board of directors, or what they call it the "executive committee"

- All the cost deduction policies targets the low grades employee "under managerial level" only, and managers can spend all their department budgets on their benefits and expanses.

- No effective employee evaluation system, almost all the promotion and raises depend on the relationship with the HR, and how much you willing to pay.

- The management spend million on wrong dissensions and no held for accountable

- Most of the employees are not satisfied, and they not loyal for the company, only of course for the beneficiaries

Advice to Senior Management- They should be external auditing from the mother company

- The hiring should be through 3rd party, and not Syrian is preferable, to get everything in the right place

- The head office HR department should be changed, since they are the most responsible for the corruption and the wrong policies

- The productive department staff should be more appropriated and taking care of, since they are the real responsible for the company achievements, and less care for the top management and the head office staff since they doesn't effect much on the business.

- It should be only tow marketing offices in the main cities "Damascus & Aleppo" and all the other employees work from the plant, that will reduce so much of non-necessary and duplicated employees

Worst cement company in India to work with.

GET (Current Employee) Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

ProsNone....They think money is everything for us.

ConsCountless....They never respect you. They treat Indians like dogs.

They're falling apart

Operations (Former Employee)

ProsLafarge offered good benefits like a company vehicle, insurance, and pay was OK. Formerly dominated the building materials market.

ConsYou only get training if you're deemed high potential. Bad relationships amongst co-workers. A lot of management is not transparent. Talk a good game, but don't follow through. If you work your butt off it may not matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more upfront about what's happening. You're not breeding a good work enthronement.

Went from good to bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork Life balance
    Perks and expenses

ConsConstantly reorganizing
    Message from Bruno Lafont gets diluted and confused as it reaches the front line

Advice to Senior ManagementStop always wanting more for less

Business environment

Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe talent and value the employees offer is very strong

ConsLeadership is transitioned from strong to weak with a focus on political optics to sustain employement

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on performance, teamwork and critical positive environment supporting and recognizing employees whom provide 100% effort .

The cement industry is in tough times, Lafarge payscale shows it.

ProsYour objectives and bonus are set for you by management.

ConsThe industry is in bad shape and what used to be higher paid positions are now well below the norm. They can't keep squeezing forever. The talent loss will become great in the next few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe cement industry is not for most people in general. At the plant level it is very hard work and not in the best of environments, hot, dusty, dirty, long hours. The compensation used to be there but not now.

HR manager and Learning & development manager

Plant Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Aleppo (Syria)

Prosgood career path and international experience in learning environment

Consbad security situation , low salaries due to the high inflation rate

Worked for Lafarge? Contribute to the Community!