Lagoon

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Campground Attendent

Campground Attendant (Former Employee)
Farmington, UT

I worked at Lagoon part-time for more than a year

ProsGood management, easy job, need good customer service skills

ConsNo real opportunity for advancement unless you stay there for a few years. Even then its a small raise.

Fun at times, but not fun most of the time.

Admissions (Former Employee)

I worked at Lagoon for more than a year

ProsGet in for free, discounts for family, good hours.

ConsSome of the guests are very rude, got sent home early a lot, high prices on food even for employees.

Maintenance

Maintenance Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lagoon full-time for more than 8 years

ProsA lot of great people to work with. A lot of variety in what you work on and interesting projects. Good profit sharing benefit.

ConsEven though the owner is there and always watching you with hundreds of cameras, he is completely out of touch with his employees and feels most of them are expendable. Wages are far below average. Hours are often long and there is no time and a half for overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with your employees, very few are are happy to be there.

Good place for part time students looking for a first job, not so good for the career minded.

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lagoon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFlexible work schedule, good people to work with, broad areas of experience because of the nature of the business.

ConsLagoon used to be a wonderful place to work that valued it's employees and provided incentives and perks to do a good job. Now it seems the company president lays awake nights thinking of ways to demoralize Lagoon's employees. Lagoon is managed not by strong leadership but by security cameras which are everywhere, even in some offices. It's an oppressive, demoralizing environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the days when employees were valued. Allow those doing the jobs to have input on how to make them better. Lead through trust, not fear.

Lagoon job

Front End/Ticketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lagoon part-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat place to start out

ConsNot always appreciated, no raises except when you turn a specific age

Interview for Ride Operator

Ride Operator (Former Employee)

I worked at Lagoon full-time for less than a year

ProsEmployees get free admission into the park, and a limited number of discount passes every month. I liked operating the rides, and I became friends with some of my coworkers.

ConsYou'll have to work long hours standing up outside. It's often very hot, and at the end of the season it may get cold enough to snow. You can't wear a jacket or hat unless it's lagoon merchandise, and you must buy it yourself. The fences around the rides become very hot in the sun, so it's not a good idea to lean against them or touch them with your bare skin. The worst part of the job is trying to help dissatisfied guests. Park guests are often very rude when confronted about following the rules, and they're likely to vent their frustration about pricing or predetermined safety requirements onto you as an employee, whether you have control over those things or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementScheduling could be improved. I heard many stories of coworkers being called in their approved days off, and management refusing to acknowledge the error.

Helped me matured into an adult

Games Operator (Former Employee)

I worked at Lagoon part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people really define how great your experience will be. I worked in the Game Department for two summers. There were many awesome people and I made a lot of friends while working. You gain a lot of socials skills by being able to talk to customers day in and day out.

ConsHours can be long and the pay is minimum wage. Management can also difficult but they are upstanding most of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease treat red-badgers with more respect. Show that you value their work. I moved from red badger to black badger and the change in tone was drastic. It really irked me.

Worked there for 3 seasons

Foods & Merchanidise, Lifeguard, Entertainer (Former Employee)

I worked at Lagoon full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEverything. The people, the atmosphere, the age that you can start working, management, willing to work with your schedule, etc.

ConsI don't think there are any benefits, at least not for lower-seasonal-only positions. Also, it's really easy to get a job here, so for people in Utah it's not the most impressive thing to have on a resume, but it's better than nothing. That's about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up :)

Great place for a 15-year-old to get job experience.

Group Foods (Former Employee)
Farmington, UT

I worked at Lagoon part-time for less than a year

ProsOne of the very few places that will hire under age 16. Love that you don't have to worry about late nights. Guaranteed to work at least 3 hours if scheduled.

ConsMore information on public transportation for employees would be nice, especially since 15-year-olds don't drive! Very young managers.

A great starting experience.

Games Attendant (Former Employee)

I worked at Lagoon full-time for less than a year

ProsAll the people you can meet and talk with. The employee's are great and the Games department is a real blast. Loved all the workers and became quick friends. It helps you get more social, it is always a good start for a first job.

ConsThe heat was probably the worst, and I suppose being on your feet all day. Not to mention a few guests can be quite rude, however that's all around not just lagoon.

Worked for Lagoon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lagoon reviews and ratings. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Lagoon employees.