Lagoon Reviews

Updated June 13, 2014
Updated June 13, 2014
3.3

CEO

The biggest and most successful place I ran for 1 year deal and we grossed $9 million.

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Essington, PA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Essington, PA

I worked at Lagoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am looking to be part of any restaurant because I miss the passion I have for the business and I have the energy to work 60 to 80 hours a week to reach my goals.

Cons

Working at the Lagoon was such a full time project I actually lived in one of the hotel rooms 6 days a week while my family was in Maryland.

The bigger the place the more people you need to look busy and you have to upscale your public relations and be very aggressive in getting people to come to your place

Campground Attendent

Former Employee - Campground Attendant  in  Farmington, UT
    Former Employee - Campground Attendant in Farmington, UT

I worked at Lagoon part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management, easy job, need good customer service skills

Cons

No real opportunity for advancement unless you stay there for a few years. Even then its a small raise.

Fun at times, but not fun most of the time.

Former Employee - Admissions
    Former Employee - Admissions

I worked at Lagoon for more than a year

Pros

Get in for free, discounts for family, good hours.

Cons

Some of the guests are very rude, got sent home early a lot, high prices on food even for employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Maintenance

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager  in  Farmington, UT
    Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Farmington, UT

I have been working at Lagoon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of great people to work with. A lot of variety in what you work on and interesting projects. Good profit sharing benefit.

Cons

Even though the owner is there and always watching you with hundreds of cameras, he is completely out of touch with his employees and feels most of them are expendable. Wages are far below average. Hours are often long and there is no time and a half for overtime.

Get in touch with your employees, very few are are happy to be there.

Good place for part time students looking for a first job, not so good for the career minded.

Current Employee - Management  in  Farmington, UT
    Current Employee - Management in Farmington, UT

I have been working at Lagoon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, good people to work with, broad areas of experience because of the nature of the business.

Cons

Lagoon used to be a wonderful place to work that valued it's employees and provided incentives and perks to do a good job. Now it seems the company president lays awake nights thinking of ways to demoralize Lagoon's employees. Lagoon is managed not by strong leadership but by security cameras which are everywhere, even in some offices. It's an oppressive, demoralizing environment.

Go back to the days when employees were valued. Allow those doing the jobs to have input on how to make them better. Lead through trust, not fear.

Lagoon job

Current Employee - Front End/Ticketing
    Current Employee - Front End/Ticketing

I have been working at Lagoon part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to start out

Cons

Not always appreciated, no raises except when you turn a specific age

Interview for Ride Operator

Former Employee - Ride Operator  in  Farmington, UT
    Former Employee - Ride Operator in Farmington, UT

I worked at Lagoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees get free admission into the park, and a limited number of discount passes every month. I liked operating the rides, and I became friends with some of my coworkers.

Cons

You'll have to work long hours standing up outside. It's often very hot, and at the end of the season it may get cold enough to snow. You can't wear a jacket or hat unless it's lagoon merchandise, and you must buy it yourself. The fences around the rides become very hot in the sun, so it's not a good idea to lean against them or touch them with your bare skin. The worst part of the job is trying to help dissatisfied guests. Park guests are often very rude when confronted about following the rules, and they're likely to vent their frustration about pricing or predetermined safety requirements onto you as an employee, whether you have control over those things or not.

Scheduling could be improved. I heard many stories of coworkers being called in their approved days off, and management refusing to acknowledge the error.

Helped me matured into an adult

Former Employee - Games Operator  in  Farmington, UT
    Former Employee - Games Operator in Farmington, UT

I worked at Lagoon part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people really define how great your experience will be. I worked in the Game Department for two summers. There were many awesome people and I made a lot of friends while working. You gain a lot of socials skills by being able to talk to customers day in and day out.

Cons

Hours can be long and the pay is minimum wage. Management can also difficult but they are upstanding most of the time.

Please treat red-badgers with more respect. Show that you value their work. I moved from red badger to black badger and the change in tone was drastic. It really irked me.

Worked there for 3 seasons

Former Employee - Foods & Merchanidise, Lifeguard, Entertainer  in  Farmington, UT
    Former Employee - Foods & Merchanidise, Lifeguard, Entertainer in Farmington, UT

I worked at Lagoon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything. The people, the atmosphere, the age that you can start working, management, willing to work with your schedule, etc.

Cons

I don't think there are any benefits, at least not for lower-seasonal-only positions. Also, it's really easy to get a job here, so for people in Utah it's not the most impressive thing to have on a resume, but it's better than nothing. That's about it.

Keep it up :)

Great place for a 15-year-old to get job experience.

Former Employee - Group Foods  in  Farmington, UT
    Former Employee - Group Foods in Farmington, UT

I worked at Lagoon part-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the very few places that will hire under age 16. Love that you don't have to worry about late nights. Guaranteed to work at least 3 hours if scheduled.

Cons

More information on public transportation for employees would be nice, especially since 15-year-olds don't drive! Very young managers.

Worked for Lagoon? Contribute to the Community!