Lahey Health Behavioral Services

Updated February 5, 2015
Updated February 5, 2015
2.3

CEO

Be able to manage several crisis cases at once, and handle ER staff yelling at you while you work.

Current Employee - ER Crisis Clinician
    Current Employee - ER Crisis Clinician

I have been working at Lahey Health Behavioral Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Getting to meet clients who really need your help, in the ER's and in their home. Most of the clients are homeless-or living in poverty, addicts, mentally ill and have a trauma history. You can really help them, even if listening is your only immediate solution. You may be their first, or best, interaction with a therapist. You may help them decide to continue therapy, and this is your goal.

Cons

While doing your evaluations in the ER's, the nurses and ER staff want the patients to leave quickly-but there is no quick fix. At times there are no detox. beds, or inpatient psych. beds available for a day or 2. It is important that the client feel comfortable waiting in the ER, but the ER staff make that difficult at times.

The management at Lahey in great! The state wide evaluations for crisis are uniform across the state- which is great. But the form is much too long, all the experienced clinicians know this. Someone in Mass. Health came up with a 10 page report, that repeats itself. For every client you see, you have to do a 10 page form! If you have 6-7 clients that day, be ready to write 70 pages (most of it repeats itself)!

I would never recommend this workplace

Former Employee - TT&S in Lawrence, MA
    Former Employee - TT&S in Lawrence, MA

I worked at Lahey Health Behavioral Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The staff in this office were great, they were always willing to lend a helping hand. The clinician I worked with made sure I always had what I needed and supported me to move forward in my career.

Cons

HA, where do I start. Well for this job title you must posses a bachelors level degree yet they will only pay you under $15.00 an hour. For working 40 hours salary paid (based on productivity hours), expect to be working 50 hours a week to make that productivity, due to not being able to bill driving time, or time spent preparing for your clients. If you do not meet productivity you will be placed on negative hours and be expected to make up those hours or risk being bumped down to 30 hours, or fired. After working with this company 8 months I found a new job and gave my proper 2 week notice, now I am in the process of fighting for money they owe me (ETO, Millage, and my last day of pay). DO NOT WORK FOR LAHEY HEALTH BEHAVIORAL SERVICES!!!

Support all your staff that work for you, you hear their needs and can voice their concerns.

Great co-workers

Former Employee - Program Manager in Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Beverly, MA

I worked at Lahey Health Behavioral Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Enjoyed my co-workers. Supported by management in many difficult situations.

Cons

Have to wear many hats...

Anonymous

I worked at Lahey Health Behavioral Services

Pros

Honestly can not think of any pros to working here.

Cons

Management is a circus. All they care about is money and gossip. Even if you're a hard working employee, it wont get you far. In order to get recognition you have to be willing to cross all your coworkers. No safety there whatsoever. The turn around rate is so high, because no one wants to stay.

Listen to ALL your employees and really focus on the ones who are doing a good job rather to the ones feeding you information in order to secure their jobs. Quit all the gossip and back stabbing and have some compassion for your employees.

The worst Upper management in history

I worked at Lahey Health Behavioral Services

Pros

Good experience and good clientele

Cons

upper management cares about money....and thats it. There is no effort to improve care....they have hired business people after firing social workers....shows the mindset

smarten up.....money isnt everything, and what goes around comes around

Awful

Former Employee - Clinician
    Former Employee - Clinician

I worked at Lahey Health Behavioral Services

Pros

Excellent salary, very good benefits, diversity of patient population. Great staff. Good admin staff. Opportunities for professional development paid by Lahey.

Cons

The amount of patients they wanted you to see was unreasonable. There was very little support and a void of leadership. Grueling schedule.

More focus on behavioral health treatment and more thought about what clinicians really need to do their jobs well.

Tough Population to work with

Current Employee - Case Manager in Tewksbury, MA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Tewksbury, MA

I have been working at Lahey Health Behavioral Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you like substance abuse counseling this is the job!

Cons

High client turnover rate and high employee turnover rate.

Help the case manager's with psych social assessments every so often, run a group and get a feel for the clients from outside your office. Treat the interns with more respect and let them ease into the job, don't take advantage of people who are trying to learn.

A great place to work.

I have been working at Lahey Health Behavioral Services full-time

Pros

The leadership and team members are great to work around. They are happy and supportive. This company is growing; new opportunities and challenges keep things interesting. No matter one's position, they are valued and appreciated by others.

Cons

This industry can change and requires a dynamic individual.

Keep listening to employees. It is appreciated.

Sr. management doesn't give a certain part of a rat's anatomy about employees

Current Contractor - Clinician in Lowell, MA
    Current Contractor - Clinician in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Lahey Health Behavioral Services as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

can work lots of shifts - people are always quitting and/or calling out

Cons

very dysfunctional system - downright broken

try caring about employees. Try communicating honestly and effectively. Try problem solving, rather than shoving problems under the rug and pathologizing people who bring problems to your attention.

Management values staff input, work life balance is important

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lynn, MA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lynn, MA

I have been working at Lahey Health Behavioral Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, flexible management, good work environment

Cons

Paperwork is overwhelming, safety is a concern

Benefits are important