Laird Technologies

Updated October 28, 2014
2.9

Laird Technologies CEO David Lockwood
David Lockwood

Pros
  • In addition to the opportunities to deepen skill sets, Laird has an extremely flexible attitude toward work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Some very good people to work with and a worldwide working experience (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No feedback on a job well done, only Criticism on what you should be doing better (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management sets unrealistic goals and provides no strategy/direction on how they will be attained (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good experience to know industry

I worked at Laird Technologies

Pros

Global company, nice people, and wide business. Good exposure to telematics industry, vehicle tracking system, and firmware architecture. Let you attend every meeting and follow with the progress.

Cons

Didn't let you work on different task, and sometimes require late work.

Welcome to Hell

Former Employee - Engineer in Holly, MI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Holly, MI

I worked at Laird Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing positive about this company, except good salary.
    So, don't get attracted if you want peace in your life. Room for personal growth is between Zero to nothing.

Cons

As previous commentors mentioned, yes-the management don't want to listen to you.
    Either you are over loaded or treated with dis respect or both.
    People who are already working there for years, they know how to escape & throw the blame on others or they don't have another option.
    I still wonder how this company has 3 star rating !!!

Silver Line: They treat you different if you belong to their comm...

Listen to your employees & don't stuck to traditional way of working.
    Go out & observe how other companies are treating their employees...how they are motivating...

Great place to work

I have been working at Laird Technologies full-time

Pros

work at your own comfort

Cons

management is not proper.

Dreadful management

Former Employee - Field Applications Engineer in Holly, MI
    Former Employee - Field Applications Engineer in Holly, MI

I worked at Laird Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pro I have is I am glad I took Business management classes in college. This helped me determine how terrible management within Laird really is.

Cons

I agree with one of the other posts on here regarding sucking up to management. It seems if you do not fit in the “CLICK ” then you are out casted. Rejected to the point of neglect and very bad miscommunication. The communication between managers and employees (engineers working off site) is below standards. There also seems to be a lack of training. I asked for proper training after I was not allowed to ask questions. If I asked a question, I was talked down witch made it extremely hard to perform the details of the job effectively.
    My advice to management is to take some business management classes at the local community college. Once you complete these you may want to make sure lower management completes the same.
    A brown noser -is commonly known as a person who will go to many lengths to look impressive, good, and worthy towards another person or group of higher social standing.

one word " terrible"
    If companies were given grades they would receive an "F-"

Current Employee - Engineering Professional in Holly, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering Professional in Holly, MI

I have been working at Laird Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You received a paycheck at the end of the week.

Cons

If you like being a suck up to management , then this is the place for you. Not just is the management a click of conceited people, they talk about their costumers and employees behind each others back . Even on my fist day of work I noticed management talking about the costumers and their coworkers personal life.

Advice to management is to try to have a better life at home. Just because you are a miserable person at home doesn't give you the right to bring your crappy attitudes and controlling attitudes to work with you.

A once great proud company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO

I worked at Laird Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This was a company with a vision that had a strong engaged sales team and terrific channel partners. Everyone was excited to go to work everyday to see what else could be done

Cons

Caught up in the hype of a better mousetrap lead by engineering instead of listening to customers on what they wanted. This arrogance scared away the largest customers in droves, driving revenue down

Wake up, you had a golden opportunity to make a difference and you let ego take over

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Laird Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Laird is the best place I've ever worked. The environment is incredibly fast-paced, which may not be for everyone, but is ideal for me. I have had many opportunities here to advance, and the people are mostly all extremely high caliber.

Cons

As mentioned, Laird is extremely fast-paced. This may not be right for all people.

Keep doing what you are doing. I've seen big changes here over the past few years.

Laird is an Energetic, Results Driven Culture that loves to have Fun.

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Laird Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laird, is uniquely positioned to deliver solutions to the ever-changing global environment across a wide range of applications. Laird is filled with bright people working hard to drive business results while having fun doing it. Other strengths are:

Strong Leadership team
    Global Presence
    Great Career Advancement Opportunities
    Agressive Growth

Cons

Throughout Laird a lean work culture provides for many great employment opportunities. The lean work culture is really much more of a strength.

Extremely strong global leadership team

A visionary organization with excellent work/life balance

Current Employee - Recruiter in Earth City, MO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Earth City, MO

I have been working at Laird Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Global environment offering ALL employees a challenging and consistently diverse work experience. Great ideas are encouraged and embraced in this organization from all levels. Employees are viewed as a valuable asset in the organization and treated as such. This is evident in the training and development programs, the emphasis on wellness, and the encouragement of work life balance. It is sometimes tough to juggle everything with children, a home, and life's surprises...but at Laird, I am given a laptop and the option to work from home (and the encouragement to work from home) whenever life throws a curve ball during the work week. The previous organizations I have worked for have not been so understanding, so it is refreshing to be a part of an organization that advocates work/life balance and actually means it.

Cons

This environment isn't for everyone...it changes at the drop of a hat and everyone is expected to wear a lot of hats. I see this as a positive, but some may see it as a negative.

Keep working on establishing processes. Other than that - amazing job!

Great place to work! Very challenging and rewarding on a daily basis.

I have been working at Laird Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility is key for Laird as is employee development in relation to someone's skills and background. The people are fantastic as well and everyone truly embraces teamwork.

Cons

There is a lot to do with a very lean staff; however, at the end of the day the teamwork mention under the "pros" section gets us through this every time.

Compensation packages are fair within the company, but feel slightly below market...not by job description, but by actual responsibility.

Laird Technologies Photos